Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic storms 8-10th January

Skullzrulerz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

After a brief lull the wind is now starting to pick up again over Ireland, the strong winds will be sweeping eastwards as the day goes by. Very windy tonight and during Saturday. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

Not sure what is happening with this second low tonight? The Metoffice warning seems odd. Must be quite a lot of uncertainty.

Posted

The wind warning has been reduced on the latest update covering just the far north of Scotland and the N Isles. May be upgraded to amber so another battering for Scotland! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1420848000

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Non Destructive Near My House

The wind warning has been reduced on the latest update covering just the far north of Scotland and the N Isles. May be upgraded to amber so another battering for Scotland! http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1420848000

Oh great :(

• Like 1

Posted

Northern England are still in the yellow 50-60mph and 70mph maybe locally

Posted

Northern England are still in the yellow 50-60mph and 70mph maybe locally

It hadn't been updated at the time I wrote this post. I see it now! :) Rain and wind warnings, maybe up to 50-60mm of rain. 

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Non Destructive Near My House

Looks like the METO have decided the rain gods have tonight made it all about cumbria :-/

Edited by Insert Name Here

Posted

After a brief lull the wind is now starting to pick up again over Ireland, the strong winds will be sweeping eastwards as the day goes by. Very windy tonight and during Saturday. http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Hi Liam, yes a much more profound effect on north mids northward just round the corner. In fact the xcw forecast on the 06Z is a major upgrade for south yorks this eve and over night. Managed 52.2mph last night, nowt special but fun all the same. Rain imminent here according to the radar.

Major storm still showing for next weds eve too.

• Like 1

Posted

Rapidly hazing over from the west now, temp shooting up.

Posted

Currently 7.3c here so feeling chilly, the wind is picking up again and it's wet! Wind warning valid from 21:00hrs over N England. 

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

The latest offerings from the GFS for Shetland.

Chart courtesy weatherbell

Thanks! Looks a pretty deep area of low pressure. Let's see if it comes off?

Posted

Can we then ignore the 62 mph gusts for here if met think its more north sadly for those badly hit already.  I been disgusted at the news more interested in france than what happened from the storm.  You would guaranteed they would been all over it if south had 100 mph + winds.

I see XCW wind forecast just getting the 15th one in shot some serious winds hitting Ireland next wednesday.

Edited by vladthemert

Posted

Can we then ignore the 62 mph gusts for here if met think its more north sadly for those badly hit already.  I been disgusted at the news more interested in france than what happened from the storm.  You would guaranteed they would been all over it if south had 100 mph + winds.

I see XCW wind forecast just getting the 15th one in shot some serious winds hitting Ireland next wednesday.

yeah  whats the world coming to.    The news more interested in mass shootings an attack on western principals  and the likely hood  that this will happen again over here.   Then a wind storm in the far north of the country    truely shoddey journalism.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Mass unexpected murder and political fallout that could affect the world and the loss of life in a country close by, or a short period of violent winds that may have rattled a few cages and dis-lodged a few bricks that Insurance will work out. 

Have a word with yourself.

• Like 4

Posted

yeah whats the world coming to. The news more interested in mass shootings an attack on western principals and the likely hood that this will happen again over here. Then a wind storm in the far north of the country truely shoddey journalism.

The thing that gets me more though is because of the live France thing they have dropped the half hourly forecasts. Tried 4 times now at five to and twenty five past the hour. I do feel for all those who have had their lives wrecked in France because of these two radicals though, really.... no need man. I'll send my mum round with a slipper, they will cry like babies then. Edited by Richie V

Posted

Mass unexpected murder and political fallout that could affect the world and the loss of life in a country close by, or a short period of violent winds that may have rattled a few cages and dis-lodged a few bricks that Insurance will work out. 

Have a word with yourself.

Polar they spent good hour showing nothing but police standing there twiddling there thumps and just kept repeating stuff they could just reported the storm and easily could cut back if anything went down.  Agreed Ritchie V sad what gone on but there is other stuff too.

Edited by vladthemert

Posted

I've read it all now. Our neighbours and friends in the middle of a serious national crisis, something that is not only a tragedy but could so easily happen here and you lot are moaning about the lack of coverage for a winter storm.

You're an embarrassment to this forum. Grow up.

• Like 3