Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Boxing Day Snow Event Thoughts And Reports.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !

Here in the North Lakes just outside Keswick light rain temp 3.1 dew point 2.2 - just before it was too dark to tell looked like the snow line was around 2000 ft on the fells ....

Posted

The way things are going, with nocturnal cooling and evaporative cooling enhanced by this, I'd say there's a decent chance. We'll see.

I was thinking that too, but now I'm thinking it will all have passed through before it gets chance to change to snow  :unsure2:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Raining here is West Yorkshire. But looking at bbc forecast not expecting any snow. Perhaps some sleet if we're lucky. Although I think precipitation will move south which seems to tie in with bbc forecast.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Cracking radar. West Yorkshire has gone from being under the threat of not getting anything to potentially being right in the action.

Rain right now at 3C.

• Like 1

Posted

at the parents house on outskirts of Coalville,leics,snowing here cars and grass starting to get a covering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

0.0C and moderate snow, but people on this thread say stopping 6pm? bbc had snow starting then, not ending

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

0.0C and moderate snow, but people on this thread say stopping 6pm? bbc had snow starting then, not ending

It's considerably further north than expected. The sweet spot was initially north Midlands (pretty much us) but I'd say the sweet spot is northern England now, the Peak District is going to get an absolute pasting.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The Peak District is going to get an absolute pasting.

:smiliz19:  Music to my ears Nick. Moderate Snow here now.

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 1

Posted

Early drizzle quickly turned to sleet and wet snow in the Derbyshire/Staffordshire Peak District. In the last few minutes it's really started bucketing it down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Rain easing here.

Temp now up to 6c.

Not sure about evaporative cooling; more like warming going on here.

You're on the more southern side of the low so you're in the warm sector. South of Brum was always going to be in the warmer air.

Posted

As I suspected it moved over me too quickly for it to turn to snow, it has now cleared away and some very nice snow pictures coming in on Facebook of places further inland than I am. The A55 near Quensferry for example bellow 

I'm happy for those of you who will get something from this, our patience as coldies beginning to be rewarded. Hope is January for the rest of us to be rewarded. 

• Like 1

Posted

Rain easing here.

Temp now up to 6c.

Not sure about evaporative cooling; more like warming going on here.

Temp has gone up +0.9 in last hour and still climbing but by the time the big drop in temp comes along most of the PPN will have cleared to the SE.

Posted

Cleared here already, dry now, plenty of heavy stuff over Wales but rain shadow effect will ensure nothing more here  :angry:

Posted

It's considerably further north than expected. The sweet spot was initially north Midlands (pretty much us) but I'd say the sweet spot is northern England now, the Peak District is going to get an absolute pasting.

Isnt it due to pivot and rotate south eastwards though?

Posted
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme winter cold,heavy bowing snow,freezing fog.Summer 2012
  • Location: South Derbyshire nr. Burton on Trent, Midlands, UK: alt 262 feet

Moderate snow for past half hour here in Burton on Trent, white over, aprox 1cm

Posted

Heavy snow falling here now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and sunny

There better not be any snow in Nottingham, im in Northumberland until Monday and im going to be gutted if there is no snow here but some back home!