Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Netatmo weather station power supply question

picog

Posted

Hi all,

I've just got a Netatmo weather station. Bought in the UK from Amazon.

It is supplied with a 2-prong plug for charging the indoor unit via USB cable. The 2-pin plug doesn't seem to want to go into my stamdard 3-pin UK socket without a bit of force. I am reluctant to force it, and even more reluctant to switch it on just in case the voltage is incorrect.

Does anyone else have one of these, and if so what was your plug like?

Thanks and happy Christmas

Picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi all,

I've just got a Netatmo weather station. Bought in the UK from Amazon.

It is supplied with a 2-prong plug for charging the indoor unit via USB cable. The 2-pin plug doesn't seem to want to go into my stamdard 3-pin UK socket without a bit of force. I am reluctant to force it, and even more reluctant to switch it on just in case the voltage is incorrect.

Does anyone else have one of these, and if so what was your plug like?

Thanks and happy Christmas

Picog

Don't jam it in! You have a European plug on it, you'll need a converter (a shaver plug socket essentially) you could blow something up.

It's strange how you didn't get a UK plug on it from Amazon UK though? I got mine on eBay with a UK plug.

Come to think of it.. are you sure you're not missing this adapter? Here's a pic of mine..

post-15177-0-59305100-1419510882_thumb.jpost-15177-0-26203700-1419510909_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I recieved mine this morning as a Xmas Gift, after looking at reviews in Autumn, we saw that could be the possibility of getting one which wouldn't have a UK plug, so bought a Euro Adapter anyway, this morning opened it and UK Plug was inside, bought mine off Amazon. Looks great and can't wait to take readings. Hope you get yours sorted soon!

Regards,Mark

Posted

Don't jam it in! You have a European plug on it, you'll need a converter (a shaver plug socket essentially) you could blow something up.

It's strange how you didn't get a UK plug on it from Amazon UK though? I got mine on eBay with a UK plug.

Come to think of it.. are you sure you're not missing this adapter? Here's a pic of mine..

attachicon.gifWP_20141225_12_31_07_Pro.jpgattachicon.gifWP_20141225_12_31_22_Pro.jpg

Thanks Mapantz. I thought I may have a EU type plug. I clearly need a Euroadapter.

was really excited about setting it up, especially with some nice low temps coming.

Edited by picog

Posted

I recieved mine this morning as a Xmas Gift, after looking at reviews in Autumn, we saw that could be the possibility of getting one which wouldn't have a UK plug, so bought a Euro Adapter anyway, this morning opened it and UK Plug was inside, bought mine off Amazon. Looks great and can't wait to take readings. Hope you get yours sorted soon!

Regards,Mark

Thanks Mark. I'm definitely in need of the adapter. Good luck with yours and hope you record some record lows this winter (assuming you like cold weather).