Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - The final stretch to Christmas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Who to believe a 18 year old with spots

Or a professional who works for the met office

No brainer really lol

How is age relevant? I was reading weather charts and forecasting when I was 13. Rather a rude comment from you here. Especially as he's right, there is no SSW forecast.

Edited by Daniel Smith
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Yes IDO but a weather enthusiast or a met office employee come on now stop trolling

I am not trolling I am trying to learn and as far as I can see it is not technical but maybe you have some more info?

MattHugo81

The vortex does split but still not an official SSW but with that lobe of the vortex over NE Canada = zonal wx http://t.co/tnkkWAatB5

26/12/2014 19:42

Though signs for later still show potential:

MJVentrice

After a partial split of the stratospheric polar vortex, the ECMWF EPS shows continuous strong warming thereafter. http://t.co/dHOldNCSrj

27/12/2014 13:27

Edited by i'm dreaming of...
  • Like 1

Posted

I am not trolling I am trying to learn and as far as I can see it is not technical but maybe you have some more info?

MattHugo81

The vortex does split but still not an official SSW but with that lobe of the vortex over NE Canada = zonal wx http://t.co/tnkkWAatB5

26/12/2014 19:42

That was posted yesterday. Chris fawkes tweet is from today. In relation to Chris Fawkes tweet you dismissed it because of what a 18 year old weather enthusiast tweeted that is my point. Surely more weight has to be given to Chris tweet than an 18 year old weather enthusiast. One would wonder who you think works for the met office 

• Like 3

Posted

That was posted yesterday. Chris fawkes tweet is from today. In relation to Chris Fawkes tweet you dismissed it because of what a 18 year old weather enthusiast tweeted that is my point. Surely more weight has to be given to Chris tweet than an 18 year old weather enthusiast. One would wonder who you think works for the met office

This is also from today. No SSW, point proven I think

post-7073-0-99663900-1419687185_thumb.jp

Posted

Point proven? Yeah if you read chris opening tweet it is. Thanks for the clarification. Point proven

No, if you read his last tweet where he clarifies "minor warming" which does not constitute a SSW.

Jesus. Some people on here will just make stuff up in the hope of getting cold and snowy weather. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Birmingham to Fazeley Canal, Bodymoor Heath, North Warwickshire
  • Location: Birmingham to Fazeley Canal, Bodymoor Heath, North Warwickshire

RyanSaunby

No SSW forecasted yet but Berlin charts this morning almost had one at like day 827/12/2014 12:19

Not sure what Chris Fawkes suggests is a Technical SSW?

Who is Ryan Saunby?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Right can we get back on topic please

The Strat thread should tell you everything you need to know and in my view is probably the best information source on the web. 

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/81567-stratosphere-temperature-watch-20142015/

Thank you, lets get back to the models :)

• Like 4

Posted

Yeah and some people will go out of their way to get a reaction and talk like a little b so you reap what you sow

You're absolutely right. Saying there is no SSW when there isn't, in fact, a SSW is trying to get a reaction. You got me.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

and all the Christmas good will and cheer has gone from this thread already.very disappointed

• Like 9