Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Where can i find snow in Britain?

Snow phall

Posted

Ok,sadly,it looks like it's not going to snow anytime soon,where can i find snow that is lying in Britain right now?My nieces and nephews have not seen any for nearly 2 years and i thought it would be a nice surprise just to have a snowy day out.

I am in Sunderland,so i looked online and there is an indoor snow/ski place at Manchester,but it's going to cost hundreds for a couple of hours(there will be 11 of us)

Please can anyone help,it doesn't have to be a resort,just somewhere with snow so they can sledge for a few hours.

Posted

I imagine the Scottish mountains have a fair bit of snow on them, not sure there will be any in England (and if there was it will soon be melted). Have a look at some of the mountain area forecasts Mark posted, normally they specify what current conditions are like. 

• Like 1

Posted

the link below will give you both photo shots of how it is along with forecasts for the next 3-5 days. Either UK Met or MIWIS are fairly reliable for the forecast.

http://www.winterhighland.info/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

Ok,sadly,it looks like it's not going to snow anytime soon,where can i find snow that is lying in Britain right now?My nieces and nephews have not seen any for nearly 2 years and i thought it would be a nice surprise just to have a snowy day out.

I am in Sunderland,so i looked online and there is an indoor snow/ski place at Manchester,but it's going to cost hundreds for a couple of hours(there will be 11 of us)

Please can anyone help,it doesn't have to be a resort,just somewhere with snow so they can sledge for a few hours.

Unless we get the Greenland high goodness later next week, then your best bet will be North. I would imaging the Welsh hills and Dales or District will get some snow as the usually do. Guaranteed snow really only on the Scottish mountains atm.

• Like 1

Posted

There was some in Upper Weardale, they even had the Ski Tow going at the weekend so some patches may last a while in the North Pennines - as mild spells alternate with cold for the next few days.
Otherwise a rather impractically long drive probably Cairngoms and The Lecht have several runs open so must be quite snowy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Yad moss ,north pennines...you can almost see it from where you live !!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Thank you all for bothering to reply,Here's hoping everyone's lucky enough to see a few flakes this Christmas.

Merry Christmas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Thank you all for bothering to reply,Here's hoping everyone's lucky enough to see a few flakes this Christmas.

Merry Christmas.

Good luck with finding some!
  • Like 1