Sign in to follow this  
plantoid

geminoids show 14 Nov 2014

Has any one managed to get any decent eyeball or camera  on the shooting stars these last few days .

Due to it being quite misty at my location  at 20.45 last night , I drove our 12 yr old to the SW end of the Brecons on  Black Mountain , it's not really a true mountain ( The Welsh always make mointains out of molehills :rofl:  )

Found a spot to park up with the least amount of light pollution and drove the car nose up onto a four foot earth bank . We spent a good two hours  looking at the shooting stars in between sporadic cloud cover .

I'm really chuffed we made it for she has been asking to see if for over three months , but has been quite ill this last ten days with the Norovirus ( it's hit all of us this year ).

It's been one of the best shows I've ever seen in my 64 years , even better for being able to sit in a warm car with the seats reclined & having dad & daughter time plus lots of silly  laughter .

Hi Plantoid

No chance for me in central London.

You might get more responses if you repost this in the space, science and nature section as not everyone looks in the Lounge.

That sounds like an excellent dad and daughter time. Hope she recovers fully soon.

Actually - there's already a Geminid thread in there, so you might like to add your observations to that.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray