Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Barry12

Time Machine

What would you do if you had a time machine?

I'd go to the year 2065, don't want to go to far as I might find out the planets been took over by apes

twentyfive years and see my grandparents again. and my life in the country when things were better.

Ironically to go back in time before mankind became depended on technology, I much prefer the simple things in life like unspoilt countryside and Blighty how it use to be before successive governments destroyed the very fabric of society. Oh and a good country local, mind you I can't grumble Newton in Bowland is like many of those things now, wonderful countryside, people and less reliance on technology.

I am interested in history and also interested in what's likely to happen in the future so if you do not consider it too greedy I would like a super deluxe model which will enable me to surf the whole gambit - that way, not only will I have an opportunity to discover the winner of next year's Grand National and make mega bucks but I would also be able to satisfy my curiosity about things past and thing to come. :) 

The problem about going too far back in time and staying there is that you might catch some dread disease which cannot be cured, at least with the super deluxe version you will be able to whisk yourself up to date, or even into the future where an effective cure could be found.

I go back to Dealey Plaza in Dallas and 22nd November 1963, to see exactly what happened. Trouble is I would want to be in different positions at the event, so I would have to go back a few times.

Thinking about if I stood and did nothing, am I guilty of allowing a crime to happen? And if I manage to prevent it, have a committed a crime against history?

Weather wise, blizzard of 1881, the winter of 1740.......

I would like to go back to the late Victorian era or early Edwardian period. I would also like to return to the early 1960's when my parents met each other.

Still according to some scientists we might be able to travel into the future but not back!

Thinking about if I stood and did nothing, am I guilty of allowing a crime to happen? And if I manage to prevent it, have a committed a crime against history?

They might think it was you and arrest  you.

Or. You stopped him being killed then discovered he started a Nuclear War in 1973, and the only animal life in 2014 were giant mutant insects.

The 1960's to see family I have never seen and be able to see my mum and dad again.

I go back to Dealey Plaza in Dallas and 22nd November 1963, to see exactly what happened. Trouble is I would want to be in different positions at the event, so I would have to go back a few times.

Weather wise, blizzard of 1881, the winter of 1740.......

But if you change a timeline and an event did not happen then would you then not in the future go back and stop it as it never happened in your revised timeline?

I'd go back to when the movie "Back to the Future" was being made and completely freak them out.

But if you change a timeline and an event did not happen then would you then not in the future go back and stop it as it never happened in your revised timeline?

:cc_confused: :cc_confused:

I'd go back to yesterday afternoon when I was in Waitrose and this time I would pay attention and not pick the packet of apples that had TWO ROTTEN ones in it! :angry: :angry: :angry:

The problem comes when you go back to the time of your great great grandfather and shoot him dead before he has started a family - where does that leave you?

That was the kind of paradox I was linking to.

Weather wise 15/16 January 1362, or 26/27 November 1703.

Natural event wise Lake Toba, 74,000 years ago, or the last good day of the dinosaurs, but to evacuate just as the asteroid hit...

Human event wise, Whitechapel  in 1888, with a good camera, or maybe the feeding of the 5,000, or whatever led to that legend?

There was a film I saw quite a few years ago (think it was a DtV type) that had tourists from the future coming back in time to witness certain events but not become involved in them, no idea what it was called, think one of the Daniels clan was in it though (might be wrong there mind).

I've seen a few pictures where odd things have happened, like a picture of charlie Chaplin with a woman seemly speaking on a mobile device, and an even older one of a 'ghost' holding a camera which wouldn't of existed then. Some of the conversation I read hinted that this could be 'proof' that time travel is happening.

until they can say yes ghost exists and yes you can really photo them without photoshop, I don't think it's a truth mind. Which is a shame.

There was a film I saw quite a few years ago (think it was a DtV type) that had tourists from the future coming back in time to witness certain events but not become involved in them, no idea what it was called, think one of the Daniels clan was in it though (might be wrong there mind).

the grand tour I think it was called !....

The problem comes when you go back to the time of your great great grandfather and shoot him dead before he has started a family - where does that leave you?

why would you go back in time and randomly go around shooting people?

Technically not random, they picked out their great great grandfather.

Personally I wouldn't but as you well know it is a pastime for the psychotics in the 'land of the free' just to the south of where you used to live - I know because we get bombarded with the films etc from there every day of the week'depicting their life style. :D

id like to go back to post roman england, see the incoming saxons, meet the guys who gave their names to the many places we live in.

id like to go back to palestine and find out about the 'real' jesus, but they might be saying 'whhhoooo'? lol

, I much prefer the simple things in life like unspoilt countryside

can you imagine the countryside before pesicides and modern farming techniques? i think we would be blown away by the array of wildflowers and varied, plentiful birdsong, and elm trees... how i miss the majestic english elm :(

If I wrote down the lottery numbers and went back in time before the draw was made, would the numbers still exist, because in theory I wouldn't have written them down yet and they haven't been drawn? :smiliz39: :cc_confused:  :unknw:

• Spring warmth and sunshine this weekend but we've got to stay at home

In normal times we'd be talking about the excellent timing of the sunshine and warmth coming through at the weekend. But of course,a0these aren't normal times, so even though temperatures could get to 20-21c in places tomorrow, we're all going to have to enjoy it from home. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Weather forecasting concerns as number of aircraft observations plummet

Changes in the weather world as observations reduce from aircraft and on land in the time of global pandemic. Less initial data to input into the computer models. AMDAR AIREP Read more here

Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather 1