Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible storm/wind event - 9th December onwards

Skullzrulerz

Posted

@BBCLookNorth: Severe gale forece winds overnight with winds gusting up to 70mph at High Bradfield near Sheffield

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

Stormy here this morning with severe gales and sleet. I don't think today will be any different to other storms here. This is probably the sixth one this season where we have had severe gales of 70 mph +

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Quite a good consensus between the models for Thursday/Friday, particularly the NMM, GFS & GFS-P - They have all shifted the shortwave slightly further north, which does fall in line with the current MO warning. I'm sure it will get updated but not a huge change to the current areas.

NetWx MR12

post-15177-0-49792400-1418197903_thumb.ppost-15177-0-91131900-1418197927_thumb.p

I'm not ignoring the North but it's almost zero hour there now, so I'm just looking ahead slightly.

Stay safe up there!

• Like 1

Posted

Quite a significant ECMWF det, expect big warning to be placed by the MetO this morning as this has the build up southeast right in its bulls eye.

I take it you are talking about the low developing Ireland 00z Friday and nipping across northern England into the North Sea by 12z. It could give some windy conditions in the south but very briefly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

in a bit of a lull at the moment  wind gusts around 22-25mph, expecting these 60-70 mph gusts early afternoon for my area

B4e14xHIYAAPFEW.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

in a bit of a lull at the moment  wind gusts around 22-25mph, expecting these 60-70 mph gusts early afternoon for my area

B4e14xHIYAAPFEW.jpg

Met office are expecting gusts no higher than 43mph for Darlo, so far these strong winds are nothing unusual for us for the time of year I have to say

Posted

Met office are expecting gusts no higher than 43mph for Darlo, so far these strong winds are nothing unusual for us for the time of year I have to say

Going by the NMM 4km model, it suggests the srrongers winds won't arrive until later this afternoon for your part of the world. I don't know what the topography is around there, or which directions of wind produce the strongest gusts..

Posted

Lightning strikes over the NW UK and the Atlantic early this morning.

Taken from Twitter via BBC Weather.

post-115-0-71989100-1418205614_thumb.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

The biggest problems in NI and Scotland will be around lunchtime and the following few hours as High tide is followed by the storm surge.

Posted

Power out in many areas now and high seas.

http://visit.shetland.org/shetland-webcams

luckily your webcams are still up and running.

To see the sea properly, go to the airport webcam and wait until it pans right of the airfield.....wow!!

...there was a gust to 114mph on the Access Chair at Glencoe late yesterday afternoon as the squally cold front came through.(info from Winterhighland)

Edited by matty40s
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

To see the sea properly, go to the airport webcam and wait until it pans right of the airfield.....wow!!

...there was a gust to 114mph on the Access Chair at Glencoe late yesterday afternoon as the squally cold front came through.(info from Winterhighland)

Looks like the cliff cam is dancing to the music .. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

Yes, it is pretty rough. Lots of local reports of damage and power cuts.

Posted

From twitter 1 hr ago

Waves as high as 15.9m have been observed on a buoy in N Atlantic. Could get even higher later.

post-115-0-02068500-1418211364_thumb.png

Southern Britain's turn for strong winds Thursday night. Snow risk further north.

post-115-0-10542400-1418211428_thumb.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

From twitter 1 hr agoWaves as high as 15.9m have been observed on a buoy in N Atlantic. Could get even higher later.attachicon.gifB4fKkHPCUAE3qdR.pngSouthern Britain's turn for strong winds Thursday night. Snow risk further north.attachicon.gifB4fJ1acCIAAto9b.png

More wind and rain. What joy!

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 1

Posted

It rather depends on which model you take. The 06z GFS isn't going for the secondary low so no strong winds in the south.

Chart weatherbell

Have you got a chart for 6 hours before that?

It should be pretty much clear for most of the south coast by 6am but there's fairly good agreement on a rapidly deepening wave. It's also showing the possibility of it deepening further as it exits in to the north sea, so gust potential for the south east/east anglia could be heightened.

Posted

Big increase in wind speed in the last hour gusting around 35mph after a quiet spell some wintry showers mixed in aswell.

Posted

Cairngorm staff truck going up the ski road from glenmore this morning..........

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=747420348684819&set=vb.138991532861040&type=2&theater

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

I'm working in Clitheroe (Lancashire) today, some great, if brief hail/sleet showers battering on the windows. Breezy, but not really that windy - yet! Not looking forward to the drive back in this lot in the dark...

Posted

From WSI via twitter

Ferocious jet stream N.Atlantic. Developing wave mid Atlantic. Will cross central UK Thu night. Gales S. Snow N.Eng.

post-115-0-65458700-1418215551_thumb.png

post-115-0-67811300-1418215641_thumb.png

Edited by No Balls Like Snow Balls

Posted

Have you got a chart for 6 hours before that?

It should be pretty much clear for most of the south coast by 6am but there's fairly good agreement on a rapidly deepening wave. It's also showing the possibility of it deepening further as it exits in to the north sea, so gust potential for the south east/east anglia could be heightened.

I agree and the GFS did pick up a small wave.

post-12275-0-83247300-1418217629_thumb.p

post-12275-0-83563100-1418217778_thumb.p

Edited by knocker