Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

France weather

Eightwinds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

The drought goes on here. 30c again today and no significant rain progged.

The recuperated rainwater has long run out and I water my newbies like lettuce and radish babies by hand with the watering can. Tonight is bonanza night as i'm getting the hose out to do everything, but it's a once a week luxury. You can only use the hose between 08hoo and 20h00. On the plus side, veggie crops have been amazing with copious quantities of beans, lettuce, tomatoes and soft fruit. Potatoes have been superb too and the odd fish and chips with them roasted has been divine.The strawbs are still going for it - universe knows how, but they are! Tree fruit like apples and pears are less plentiful than last year but the early croppers have been frozen already. We haven't had to buy fruit and veg for months now - we just eat what's there, s Thinking of publishing a pag bol and curry just gets added beans and tomatoes! Thinking of publishing a bizarre drought recipe book.

OH is in the UK for 10 days to visit family (Mum in law's lymphoma looks like it's back, balls on that, but she's coping admirably at 86) and sort the house out for autumn. Hopefully said house will be on the market for selling after Christmas.

We've been keeping amazingly fit with me running almost every day after work with Mylo and long, long cycle rideson my days off (without Mylo but he gets his walk before). We have to time the runs in the heat before it gets too dark but as it cools down.

A bientôt folks - hope you profit from the settled weather period too. I've attached a little photo of us cooling down353295881_Threeinthelake.thumb.jpg.7e387c3427674f07687dae634cdc500c.jpg!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

May be a simple one... which of the various websites is the most accurate at forecasting the French weather. We are on holiday at the moment and looking ahead for the next few days and are getting very different forecasts from the various websites.

Posted

When on holiday in France I consult

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=meteociel&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

or

http://www.meteofrance.com/accueil

(or a local rag)

Both these sites I have found reasonably helpful in planning trips etc..

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, ciel said:

Thanks, Had a look at both, there seems to be some agreement now for tomorrow,  Saturday still seems uncertain, we are coming home Sunday. Been dodging the rain a bit this week...

• 1 year later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Forecast from Meteo France this weekend for an

le vent d'autan  noir  - Autan wind before 

un épisode méditerranéen   A Mediterranean Episode - Nick explains

EjvR_i3X0AcSfg3.jpg
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

A look at a weather phenomenon know as the Mediterranean Episode, which brought extreme rainfall & destructive flooding to...

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Hi all,

After a fantastic November here in Nouvelle-Aquitaine (aka SW France) it is starting to turn a bit colder, we might have to think about putting the garden furniture away for the winter.  We used to call November one of our 2 rainy months when we first moved here, but not much rain fell in November this year and sunshine amounts were almost 80% above average.  Monday (7th Dec) is showing the possibility of a few snowflakes falling almost anywhere in France we'll see what pans out.  At this time of year around our coasts the sea is still quite warm (relatively) so the chances are not high for snow for us in the Cognac area, Angouleme is generally the border for snow extent in early winter in these parts but you never know.

Take care all

FC

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Always been surprised and wondered why @nick sussex is interested in the weather in the UK? another country, wonder if these floods are near his area?

I know if I lived in France, I wouldn't give a damn what's happening in another country, unless I was going on hols there

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
11 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Always been surprised and wondered why @nick sussex is interested in the weather in the UK? another country, wonder if these floods are near his area?

I know if I lived in France, I wouldn't give a damn what's happening in another country, unless I was going on hols there

It is odd, I would have thought he would have at least mentioned it. 

• Like 1

Posted

Snow that fell on Tuesday night has only just fully melted in shaded areas this morning. That's quite impressive for an area well within Paris's urban heat island.

• 4 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Stayed in Poiters last night at approximately 1.30 am we were hit by a huge thunderstorm, constant lightning and torrential rain, we had left the skylights open in our Motorhome as it was so hot

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Picture just sent from my daughters holiday villa in Pierrefeu-du Var, SE France. Temperature 35c with some evidence of Sahara dust going by the sun.

c

217349658_890988318459849_5710976699337754017_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
Posted

Meteo France are mentioning 'Depression Blas' in their warnings for south coast. Which is the second name on the storm name list from Western Group. Mallorca has been very wet as low pressures lurk in the Med at this time of year. #Blas

1114lowBLAS.png

Edited by Jo Farrow
add pic
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heatwaves, thunderstorms, cold/snowy spells.

Lake effect showers off the channel into northern France. Been going on for hours.

image.thumb.png.3641e0e746cce0804262313e7ce91966.png

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
Posted

"An early and intense episode of caniculaire" (heatwave)  The heat over France looks to intensify on Saturday. Already there has been the earliest 40+C observed in a year " very intense...Update on max expected for next 4 days. Values very often exceeding the June records, sometimes on the order of absolute records. " Meteo France #canicule

0617franceheat.png

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

A very warm October day looking likely early next week with 30C possible in SW France

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
1025nasa1.png
WWW.NETWEATHER.TV

A round up and forecast of the weather in Europe and further afield for the coming week.

TORNADO Just as parts of England saw thunderstorms & torrential rain on Sunday 23rd, so did northern France with Tornado damage.

"in the departments of Pas-de-Calais and the Somme experienced violent tornadoes. In the early evening, several houses were torn from their roofs and most residents had to leave their home."

One part which will make Nick Finnis happy "For good reason, the term “mini-tornado” has no scientific definition. However, its use is systematic, regrets the engineer at Météo-France and tornado hunter Tony Le laminate floor, with 20 Minutes . "We are fighting for this term to be banned, because often under this word 'mini-tornado', too many things are mixed up".

HEATWAVE France has been exceptionally warm for the second half of October (a heatwave), with more warmth this week. Up to 28-30C in the southwest is forecast. 

All of this adding to the likelihood of France seeing its hottest year on record. 

• Like 1

Posted

Following on from Jo Farrow, so it came to be:

JT7UXX3T75GELFMCRTZDAZ737Q.jpg
WWW.LIBERATION.FR

Cette fin d’octobre est marquée par de nouveaux records mensuels, y compris en altitude, et des écarts à la normale phénoménaux. Cet épisode de chaleur...

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

• 1 month later...
Posted
AMP.THEGUARDIAN.COM

At least eight countries experience record high temperatures of ‘almost unheard of’ heat, say meteorologists

Including here in SW France 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Tarn & Agout floods of 1930 

Markers on the walls of buildings in Moissac and Montauban show how high the inundation came… 

https://lifeonlalune.com/2015/03/03/the-flood-of-the-century-in-southwest-france-3-4-march-1930/

Edited by WillinGlossop

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Posted

• Like 1

Posted

Bit wet in France...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1