Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?
Eightwinds

France weather

Hi Ed

Right now he's helping my other half pull some cut branches out of the lake. He's very wise and cools off in the shade and the water. We run together almost every day and provided he has a good soak down before we go it's always me who's flagging and never him! He's maturing very nicely and is very bonded to us now - a lovely little 18 month bundle of love and joy.

He loves his storms too, he just watches quietly with me.

Posted (edited)

Morning all,

Some intense stormy weather around the Charente over the last couple of days, continous thunder and lightening for 2 hours at a time.  So far in our area we have not had the intense winds and destructive hailstones that many other areas have had a bit further south.

I am hoping it will all calm down shortly, it is playing havoc with my work program

Cheers

FC

Edited by frozencanals

We're currently under an orange warning for violent thunderstorms here in Biscarosse. I'm expecting initiation in the next couple of hours or so, we're going to go and sit and watch it kick off from the lake.

Had some really remarkable mammatus the day we arrived and an all night strobing MCS which was spectacular.

I guess the downside is that we are camping and obviously my love of storms tends to make life under canvas a bit tricky! Fortunately the wine is cheap and plentiful 🤪

FAAA8AEB-0611-47DC-BA4F-9ABE2419E87F.jpeg

• Like 1

Hmmm... 😍 Well that escalated quickly 

1736E92A-36FD-45FC-928D-6086ED3B960D.jpeg

We've just had a cracker with marble sized hail, incredibly gusty winds and some great CG strikes. Sunday night was amazing too, constant flickering lightning from the storms in Charente.

Say safe out there, Our next batch is on approach!

Yeah we've lost power... Just a little respite and the radar is showing another pulse incoming. Stay safe too!

Posted (edited)

Have been down here since 02.07.2018 with temps mostly in the low 30's C and we have had a couple of wet interludes in the form of storms but not amounting to too much in precipitation which has been mostly at night - the kind of weather I dreamed about having as a youngster - warm sunny days with the rain falling at night. However, in the last few days it has warmed up a bit more up to the 36C mark - we are obliged to turn on the air con - the problem we have with that is that the temp sensor is in the vicinity of the outlet to the air con which pushes out warm air, so the figures won't be totally accurate.

Earlier in the week there was a large variation between Capestang and our nearest beach, Valras Plage - 34C and 25C, the latter having sea mist.

Yesterday we went down to La Jonquera just over the border in Spain - here Accuweather spoke with forked tongue - although they gave out a max of 36C at Capestang, they forecast a cool 33C for La Jonqurera. We left latish morning  with a temp of 34C and by lunchtime at La Jonquera it was 36C there. We left there in the late afternoon 1700 hours and at the frontier the car thermometer registered 38C and back at Capestang an hour later it was 34C.

I note that 38C is forecast for most of next week.

France recalling the 2003 summer which resulted in a number of deaths is getting prepared more:

http://www.france24.com/en/20120817-france-weather-government-ministry-health-braces-heat-wave-canicule-prevention-measures/

Edited by mike Meehan

Final figures not in but it is reported that this July has been the third hottest in France since 1900, being surpassed by 1983 and 2006:

http://www.languedocliving.com/third-hottest-july-in-france-since-1900-news-10113.html

Temperatures forecast to reach 40C this week in our area.

What a stunning September we’ve had here.

The best thing about sunny weather at this time of the year is you still get some hot days but night times are much more comfortable .