Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

France weather

Eightwinds

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Location: Mostly Watford but 3 months of the year at Capestang 34310, France
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

And we thought we had it bad:

http://www.midilibre.fr/2018/01/04/tempete-eleanor-un-agriculteur-retrouve-mort-sous-une-coulee-de-neige-en-savoie,1610030.php 

A farm worker found dead buried in the snow in Savoy - 4 others are injured.

• 1 month later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental type climate with lots of sunshine with occasional storm

Some tweets relating to snow above 300 metres in Herault in the South of France: 

https://twitter.com/MeteoHerault

• 1 month later...
Posted

Afternoon all,

It has been a poor start to the year here in SW France, normally by March the sun puts in more than a fleeting visit, but nothing this year, luckily over the next day or so some warmer sunny weather is due to put in an appearance, but still the threat of cool April showers almost every day, and a fair amount of hail in them too..

Roll on the summer :-)

Cheers

FC

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Some great weather over the last week here.

It’s been a late spring and the winter was the dullest since I moved to France.

Posted
3 hours ago, nick sussex said:

Some great weather over the last week here.

It’s been a late spring and the winter was the dullest since I moved to France.

Is there much snow left on the Pyrenees? I was there early May last year and there was still quite a bit.

Posted
4 hours ago, karyo said:

Is there much snow left on the Pyrenees? I was there early May last year and there was still quite a bit.

Yes there’s still quite a bit as although it’s been warm it’s been mainly dry .

It’s been a much better skiing season than for many years although the resorts are now closed for the season .

Its always a bit sad when the snow starts disappearing, roll on November. :)

Posted
17 hours ago, nick sussex said:

Yes there’s still quite a bit as although it’s been warm it’s been mainly dry .

It’s been a much better skiing season than for many years although the resorts are now closed for the season .

Its always a bit sad when the snow starts disappearing, roll on November. :)

Yes, it's been good indeed! The first snow was in September which I was surprised to see (I went back to the East Pyrenees in September). 

Posted
8 hours ago, karyo said:

Yes, it's been good indeed! The first snow was in September which I was surprised to see (I went back to the East Pyrenees in September). 

Yes the best for many years . I’ve been to the eastern side a few times , most recent on the way to Barcelona as it’s quicker to go that route.

Really warming up here now , I’ve brought my shorts out at last! :)

• Like 1

Posted

The strange spring weather continues .

After a lovely warm spell that’s changed and  there’s been some fresh snow in the Pyrenees and I had to put the heating back on!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

http://www.midilibre.fr/2018/05/13/occitanie-pluie-intense-et-neige-en-abondance-en-plein-mois-de-mai,1669982.php#xtor=EPR-2-[Newsletter]-20180513-[Zone_info]

Wow, there has been some interesting weather in southern France with quite substantial snow falls over the Massif - some nice pictures - then further down on lower ground heavy rain. 

14.05.2018.jpg

Edited by mike Meehan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Three warm days in a row !

Finally some decent weather although a few thunderstorms are forecast . 

Posted

Loads of Saharan dust today .

Quite common here when we have the current set up , good growing weather , some showers and warm sunshine.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

Excellent growing weather. We're just getting the garden going again after waiting for any reasonable risk of frost to subside, not wanting to get caught out like last year.

Yes, our car was pretty dusty after a few afternoon showers yesterday.

Nice and warm today but with quite a strong wind. I notice the t-storms have already started over western Poitou Charente...

Posted

Very thankful to have missed those big storms here. Sadly further north there were some violent storms and huge hail which wiped out vineyards in the Bordeaux region.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted

The underwhelming weather continues .

Thunderstorms today and with slack low pressure hanging around Southern Europe no change in sight.

Posted
15 hours ago, nick sussex said:

The underwhelming weather continues .

Thunderstorms today and with slack low pressure hanging around Southern Europe no change in sight.

You don't like storms Nick? I could kill for one!

Manchester has been exceptionally dry through May and overall warm too. Not my kind of weather and June doesn't seem to offer much excitement either.

Edited by karyo

Posted
On 03/06/2018 at 12:52, karyo said:

You don't like storms Nick? I could kill for one!

Manchester has been exceptionally dry through May and overall warm too. Not my kind of weather and June doesn't seem to offer much excitement either.

You know me well.

I hate thunderstorms because a few here have left a trail of destruction . One a few years back brought sudden winds which blew down trees in the forest nearby aswell as cutting phone lines for a week.

I’d probably be less anti storms if I was living in a city or major town where power cuts are less likely .

I think I have a power cut phobia ! 

• Like 1

Posted

I agree Nick. Folks don't understand what happens when you live in the depth of the countryside! If storms are forecast I always keep my devices charged and we have a generator on standby. We had to stay in the car the other day when we went to our land, there were CG strikes coming down all over the place, some way too close for comfort. Lovely to watch from a safe place though.

Today looks like it will end with a few rumbles...

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

We're off to Tours tomorrow and then onto Biscarosse for our holiday Sunday, we are camping for two weeks

The CAPE values are, quite frankly filthy.

Temps look pretty intense too!

Posted

You've picked a great time to come to France. I'm by our lake and it's mid 30s, very humid with rapidly developing TCU now. It's progged to kick off after 2300 here, so a great night in prospect camping under the stars (or rather lightning flashes!). Enjoy any storms you might get, you seem to be well placed in the Loire valley...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

You've picked a great time to come to France. I'm by our lake and it's mid 30s, very humid with rapidly developing TCU now. It's progged to kick off after 2300 here, so a great night in prospect camping under the stars (or rather lightning flashes!). Enjoy any storms you might get, you seem to be well placed in the Loire valley...

Hi Spike. How's the wee dog taking it?

Posted

Hi Ed

Right now he's helping my other half pull some cut branches out of the lake. He's very wise and cools off in the shade and the water. We run together almost every day and provided he has a good soak down before we go it's always me who's flagging and never him! He's maturing very nicely and is very bonded to us now - a lovely little 18 month bundle of love and joy.

He loves his storms too, he just watches quietly with me.