Sign in to follow this  
pip22

Ferguson Riots

People in Ferguson rioting again as the police officer, Darren Wilson didn't get charged with murder. Last night people torched buildings, burned flags, police cars and demanding justice to Darren Wilson.

The protests has also spread to other cities last night. 

Edited by pip22

Riots are not like they used to be, now rioters take possession of areas for days, weeks. The Arab spring and Ukrain are examples which rioters look up to.

If the Islamic State go down that path in Europe we are all in for a nasty shock.

I was talking to a former Waffen SS Croatian prison camp guard years ago, his name Was Alex he lived in Brading on the Isle of Wight, he was blunt in his reply about rioting in London's Brixton at the time.

He said to me "Rioters should be rounded up and imprisoned for ages and ages until they are too old to be a threat, if that is too costly shoot them"  

If riots go the way of the Arab Spring or the Ukraine in the USA, desperate measures may be the only way out...

We are living in truly dangerous times, riots are contagious, students who want a bit of fun rioting aught to be careful what they wish for...

Nobody seems bothered that potential terrorist rioters are crossing the boarder at Calais by the thousands, it is only a matter of time. Islamic State have all the time in the world.

God help us all.

• Like 4

I bet Putin thinking the Ferguson riots as an opportunity to invade another country if the unrest goes nationwide which could break-up the US. The Russians needs to kept on eye on as well, not just IS. For Putin it is called Divide and conquer. Worrying times indeed.  :(

As we saw with the recent London riots, the modern rioter is better connected now, it is not about secret meetings or handing out flyers to get people to band together, social media and the internet/mobile networks do all that for them.

Still fail to see what destroying peoples homes and businesses will do for them other than stir up further resentment and ultimately financial cost to us all.

• Like 1

As we saw with the recent London riots, the modern rioter is better connected now, it is not about secret meetings or handing out flyers to get people to band together, social media and the internet/mobile networks do all that for them.

Still fail to see what destroying peoples homes and businesses will do for them other than stir up further resentment and ultimately financial cost to us all.

That is the moronic aspect of these type of things - people foul their beds and have to sleep in them, so to speak but no doubt others get in on the act for a bit of plunder.

The silly thing about this in the first place is that that lad should never have been killed in the first place and it needed more than just the knee jerk reaction, 'oh my God, he has a gun and he's going to shoot me - I'll shoot him first'. It obviously did not occur to him, 12 year old lad with a bit of bravado, is there another way of doing this? Admittedly I wasn't there at the time and don't know the full facts except the lad is now dead and unable to give his version but I would have thought that common sense should have dictated that shooting was a last resort.

• Like 1

I bet Putin thinking the Ferguson riots as an opportunity to invade another country if the unrest goes nationwide which could break-up the US. The Russians needs to kept on eye on as well, not just IS. For Putin it is called Divide and conquer. Worrying times indeed.  :(

Putin vs IS. Not sure of the outcome 50/50. We are not so superior, if they tried that here it would be only 55/45....  People of the past who stood up to such are too old...

If the wrong things happen here good old USA will look about as safe as Scotland not leaving UK. 55/45

It is the times we are going through, riots are more dangerous at the moment...

Edited by Rustynailer

.sorry re posted from another thread. deleted algorithm chart.

Edited by Rustynailer

You think Putin wants to invade the US? Or are you thinking of him invading somewhere else in eastern Europe? There's only Belarus left as a non-NATO member apart from Ukraine now, isn't there? The west would not stand for him invading Finland or Sweden and he knows it.

The LA riots in similar circumstances in 1992 after the killing of Rodney King didn't cause the the breakup of the US and there's no reason to expect that the sad killing of this young man will do anything different. Sadly, I doubt it will even cause any change in how the police behave around young black men there.

• Like 1

That is the moronic aspect of these type of things - people foul their beds and have to sleep in them, so to speak but no doubt others get in on the act for a bit of plunder.

The silly thing about this in the first place is that that lad should never have been killed in the first place and it needed more than just the knee jerk reaction, 'oh my God, he has a gun and he's going to shoot me - I'll shoot him first'. It obviously did not occur to him, 12 year old lad with a bit of bravado, is there another way of doing this? Admittedly I wasn't there at the time and don't know the full facts except the lad is now dead and unable to give his version but I would have thought that common sense should have dictated that shooting was a last resort.

It is moronic behavior, no doubt from me on that one.  Making a point is one thing, willful destruction quite something else.

And yes, no one should have died that fateful day, guns against people do not make peace.

It takes 13 years to creat a radicalised teenager.

It takes 20 years to create a dangerous weapon, rioting is a training ground for the now 14 year old radical children whose parents brothers in arms, toppled the twin towers.

Note in Africa children as young as is (very sad indeed) wipe out entire family's as boy solders. 

Islamic state has 1000's boy solders. 14 years old. How many in UK?

Riot is not good

Edited by Rustynailer
  • Like 1

Sorry Rusty, but I can't see the link between your post and a policeman putting 7 bullets into an unarmed teenager, whether he was a burglary suspect or not.

• Like 2

Sorry Rusty, but I can't see the link between your post and a policeman putting 7 bullets into an unarmed teenager, whether he was a burglary suspect or not.

Teenagers with guns kill policemen and women every day. The kid was a sad fact of life.

• Like 1

And I cannot see the link between a policeman shooting an unarmed thug and hundreds of unconnected idiots smashing into shops to steal goods, burning down the neighbourhood, assaulting the media and other innocent bystanders and showing no respect for the law or anyone else but themselves.

One man may have been shot in error.  But hundreds more who should be shot have not been .....

• Like 3

You think Putin wants to invade the US? Or are you thinking of him invading somewhere else in eastern Europe? There's only Belarus left as a non-NATO member apart from Ukraine now, isn't there? The west would not stand for him invading Finland or Sweden and he knows it.

The LA riots in similar circumstances in 1992 after the killing of Rodney King didn't cause the the breakup of the US and there's no reason to expect that the sad killing of this young man will do anything different. Sadly, I doubt it will even cause any change in how the police behave around young black men there.

We are living in the new century. Times are different right now. In 1992 people didn't even use an iphone or a Facebook in those days. Social Media is a dangerous tool for rioting/protesting.

Edited by pip22

And I cannot see the link between a policeman shooting an unarmed thug and hundreds of unconnected idiots smashing into shops to steal goods, burning down the neighbourhood, assaulting the media and other innocent bystanders and showing no respect for the law or anyone else but themselves.

One man may have been shot in error.  But hundreds more who should be shot have not been .....

Quite. Many of those rioters are using a tragic event to go out and cause mindless damage and cause trouble for no good reason, certainly they are not out to try and get justice served.

• Like 3

You're advocating judicial murder in response to robbery? I'm not condoning looting, rioting  or anything else that's gone on since the Grand Jury's decision was announced but what you suggest seems a bit extreme.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1

We are living in the new century. Times are different right now. In 1992 people didn't even use an iphone or a Facebook in those days. Social Media is a dangerous tool for rioting/protesting.

Granted that riots are easier to organise via social media, but I still don't see the Putin link, though.

• Like 1

You're advocating judicial murder in response to robbery? I'm not condoning looting, rioting  or anything else that's gone on since the Grand Jury's decision was announced but what you suggest seems a bit extreme.

I am saying that no-one has to riot in these situations.  Those that do are IMO the very scum of the Earth and not fit to breathe the same air as me.

• Like 2

But doesn't advocating killing them for rioting make you as bad as them?

Hopefully, the police will be able to stop things getting out of control before anything starts this evening, preferably by less violent methods.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 2

I am saying that no-one has to riot in these situations.  Those that do are IMO the very scum of the Earth and not fit to breathe the same air as me.

Have you been there and talked to people, maybe they feel repressed and rioting is all they have got left. This incident is not a one off, the US police execute people all the time. Or maybe you are right, they are scum. My point is you haven't walked in their shoes so who are you to judge. 

• Like 2

Agree  ,  a  dangerous weapon .

Have you been there and talked to people, maybe they feel repressed and rioting is all they have got left. This incident is not a one off, the US police execute people all the time. Or maybe you are right, they are scum. My point is you haven't walked in their shoes so who are you to judge. 

It's hardly the case that the only means to disapprove of a judgement is smashing up local business premises, and stealing stuff from the owners.

Should the court of law disregard best available evidence and wrongly convict - because an unpopular decision is going to be an excuse for looting and mayhem?

• Like 2

But by the same token you haven't walked in the Police's shoes so how can you judge them?

• Like 1

In Syria after years of unsuccessful rioting the place is a very sad shambles, just look at one of the many tank videos 

USA will be like this if rioters use their misdirected hatred of normal life to the full.  Here is another from the other side...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2TLS1sqMl8

One lad who tried to grab a policeman's gun could lead to this, Policeman was right...Lad was wrong, does not matter what color he was. Oh yes and he will not go to heaven, because after death there is nothing.

Just look at the video and see where rioting leads, everybody looses. It is not CND or Anti Apartheid any more these protests are used by extremists to ruin society and and in time all the buildings look like the Syrian ones in the video.

Color and religion should stay out of this, but as extremists hide among crowds of the innocent they also hide in religion and race, the use all the dirty tricks to the full.

Edited by Rustynailer
  • Like 3

I think it's more of a difficult thing for us to understand when guns are not part of our everyday culture and racial divide is not as strong or as ingrained as it is in the US.

Notoriously the police tend to get an easy ride in situations like this and there is rarely an indictment and I get why people are upset by that, but rioting and ruining people's businesses and shooting random people is not going to get their message across, if anything it's going to give the powers that be a reason to go 'see, this is why we are quick to react'.