Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

more Davis issues

Posted

thanks Tony-will give it a try, had no luck so far with various things been asked to try, currently the ISS is on the lounge floor waiting for me to find time to check the switches before putting it outside again and connecting everything up.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I am lost as to just what the issue may be. I have the console downstairs for a quick view of data with the envoy sat at the side of the pc upstairs to input data on to the pc. There are times, whilst at the pc, I see a message saying data is being transferred, the 513 or whatever packets as it tries to update but then nothing to see! So any ideas please why this is, what the fault may be. How do I test the envoy for any problems please?

Just try sandysoft cumulus and see if that gets the data. One thing we haven't asked does the console show the data?

Edited by The PIT

Posted

Could be that the packets are empty or you're using one the console to in retransmit mode and the retransmit console is faulty. If the records are empty it would still transfer x number of records. Both the console and the envoy should however display the inside temperatures and air pressures. They are inbuilt and have nothing to do with ISS.

Posted

yep both give updates on the inside T and P and not aware I have given the impression they were not doing. I don't understand this-sorry?

Could be that the packets are empty or you're using one the console to in retransmit mode and the retransmit console is faulty

Posted

Okay your iss is not sending any data within the packets so it's not reading the sensors. New board by the sounds of it.

You set a console to retransmit data so if your envoy was set to receive data from your other console and that was faulty you'd also get the above sceniro.

Posted

not sure I understand the second sentence Pit but I am tending to feel that your first sentence is the issue.

As a numpty, no idea how to change or indeed what to change let alone how much it might cost-any ideas please?

Posted

If it's a vp1 you can't get a replacement board Vp2 you can from here http://weatherspares.com/epages/eshop1036725.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop1036725/Products/DAVISS

Posted

I will do an attempt to get the 'bits' to talk to one another tomorrow but hold out not much hope. I doubt the 2004 model fits your link, and as a starter at £158 I might as well buy a new model. Just waht, Davis, or another model I will have to start browsing but I do not feel like, at my age, investing more than £350-400.

thanks for the advice posts over the past days.

Edited by johnholmes