Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Wales - Weather Chat

As usual height is everything :)

yeah I'm about 330m asl. I'm a bit shocked at the intensity tbh. Road is covered

Wind has risen and started snowing here,think it's only a shower but who cares!

temp is 3.1 with dp of -1.7 and clear sky here. No snow showers here yet.

It's still snowing here. Been going for over half hour with varying levels of intensity so I'm happy!

Trouble is that up to later Saturday there are 'warm' sectors coming down from the NW, doubt we will get much in the way of snow (below 200m) until Saturday night and then dependent on how showers align.

Yes, noticed on the GFS that 850hpa temps moderating after tonight, highest on Friday and then drop back below -5C on Saturday morning.  Possibly a nice set-up for those of us in SW Wales on Sunday if the wind aligns in a favourable position for those showers to come off the sea in the colder air, GFS 18z looks good for this, but plenty of time for changes before then in this kind of pattern.  After getting thundersnow from a south-westerly a couple of weeks ago, anything seems possible!

Quite a rash of showers over Wales not light and patchy either.

Just been out with the wuffs and there was a brief but heavy snow shower. Checked when I got back and temp was 3.3 with DP 0.8. First flakes here for almost two years.

Bizzare, when it was 1.8 degrees it was raining then the temp rises to 2.8 and we have a light snow shower? Shower passes and the temp drops by a degree again. This is bizzare.

Temp here 3.2c dew point 0.2c

Looks like sleety rain out there 

The silence in this thread this evening speaks volumes....

The silence in this thread this evening speaks volumes....

It's bloody annoying, everywhere is receiving snow bar us. Mind you I did say that we wouldn't see a lot and snow wouldn't settle unless you live above 100m.

It's bloody annoying, everywhere is receiving snow bar us. Mind you I did say that we wouldn't see a lot and snow wouldn't settle unless you live above 100m.

The joke is I do, at exactly 245m absl!

Even the uppers have been Downgraded for Monday and that potential snow event misses us. Can't see when were going to get snow?

Do you have much snow up there?

None at all lying have had sleety showers with snow as they clear, temps need to drop off more they are up and down like a yoyo. Dew point is -0.7 now though so would hope that things can only get better from now on. It's the westerlies it is.....

Can't see when were going to get snow?

Don't give up just yet! I've lived here since 1961 and the 3 heaviest single day snowfalls were in March 1979, April 1998 and March 2013 all exceeded 30 cm's and the 1998 and 2013 snowfalls came in fairly average winters. Also, we had a major blizzard here in March 1965 (one of only 5 since I've lived here) and a 25 cm's fall in March 1969. If you take away the exceptional winters of 1962/63 and 81/82 I'd say March was the best month for snow.

Pete

Edited by PeteB

Don't give up just yet! I've lived here since 1961 and the 3 heaviest single day snowfalls were in March 1979, April 1998 and March 2013 all exceeded 30 cm's and the 1998 and 2013 snowfalls came in fairly average winters. Also, we had a major blizzard here in March 1965 (one of only 5 since I've lived here) and a 25 cm's fall in March 1969. If you take away the exceptional winters of 1962/63 and 81/82 I'd say March was the best month for snow.

Pete

Pete

These type of winters could be the norm for years to come who knows. Doesnt even feel cold enough out there.

Even the uppers have been Downgraded for Monday and that potential snow event misses us. Can't see when were going to get snow?

Sunday is the same as before and Tuesday is colder than the 12Hz,

Swings and Roundabouts.

Also from an IMBY point of view would be happy to see the low pressure stay away completely to keep in the NNW flow.

Probably wont work tonight. :rofl:

Looks like I was right.

Perhaps I'll try reverse psychology in the future.

Edited by J10

To be honest it looks good for tomorrow night especially up here in the.north

J10 do you get the same blank radar spot south east of Ireland on netweather extra>?

Yep same also on Meto, probably an error with radar stations in that area.

Hats off to Derek for calling this one correct, little in the way of snow across Wales.

As cold spells go, not a good start is it? Rain Friday and any snow at the weekend currently looks confined to coastal areas.