Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

lovely walk with the dog this evening.really hope we get a bit of the white stiff this winter ℠🎿

Posted

So guys and galls........when do you feel the 'real' cold will kick in.  lower single figure days.  my bets on the 21st onwards......

Next cold shot looks on the 19th of December with then HP introducing a possible NE wind after that B416AGKIYAA7_E_.png

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

So guys and galls........when do you feel the 'real' cold will kick in.  lower single figure days.  my bets on the 21st onwards......

Ensembles of GFS have a rather broad spread temperature wise from next week, sine wave pattern suggesting alternation of colder Pm air with milder Tm similar to whole of December, thats looking as far as month end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

watching a programme about the snow in Feb 2009 on more 4.showed clips of 47 and 63.really does wet the appetite for winter

Posted

some proper ramping in the model thread tonight for next week!â„

Posted

some proper ramping in the model thread tonight for next week!â„

The old favorite John Kettley on the radio today to talk about Alpine snow ,and they prompted him for a xmas forecast he said,the charts ATM are all over place one day showing a Notherly for X mas next day ,a westerly ,he favored ,snow for some over xmas in UK. :whistling:

• Like 1

Posted

Charts starting to show a lot more interest for cold spell in the Christmas to New Year period. Too far out to have any certainty yet but the best charts that have been showing so far this winter. Even if doesn't come off it's good to have some eye candy on the charts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Charts starting to show a lot more interest for cold spell in the Christmas to New Year period. Too far out to have any certainty yet but the best charts that have been showing so far this winter. Even if doesn't come off it's good to have some eye candy on the charts.

Yep. There is certainly lots of happy coldies in the Mod thread this morning and a few grumpy mild rampers. Fingers crossed the models continue the trend and things firm up in a couple of days time. 

If those set-ups continue to show in the reliable time frame then this place will go into melt down. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

It must be mild here,  and peeps must be thinking its going to stay that way because its so damn quiet in here this year!  Wheres Andy?? lol

Posted

i always wondered what happened to steve tynant. he used to post here a lot as well. I think that Andy is currently building his ski center in the mountains that he was on about a few years ago, or he's busy getting his snowmobile buisness up and running for winter that he was also on about setting up a few years ago. he is and always will be my favorite ramp master!

• Like 1

Posted

gfs-2-174.png?12

Oh go on then...I'll ramp a bit. Snow Xmas Eve in North and Mid Wales?? 

Posted

gfs-2-174.png?12

Oh go on then...I'll ramp a bit. Snow Xmas Eve in North and Mid Wales?? 

hopefully it will push a bit further south and more of us could get in the action..........all big ifs and buts at the moment but a lot more positive than this time last week. come on santa i have been goodish this year!

• Like 2

Posted

]hopefully it will push a bit further south and more of us could get in the action..........all big ifs and buts at the moment but a lot more positive than this time last week. come on santa i have been goodish this year!

Posted

Hiya folks,things starting to look a bit more positive now for the new year though in truth December has probably had more frosts already than last years winter on its own. Seeing the current evolution on the forecasting thread I thought Andy would have been all over this by now,surely it's only a matter of time.

Posted

The models certainly seem to be firming up on something colder around Xmas Day onwards. How deep the cold is and whether it is likely to bring snow to the UK should firm up in the coming days.

Posted

signs that the met office have seem something in the charts as all weather reports are ending with "the possibility of something colder for Xmas period". Lot of talk in the model thread like why won't they say snow and cold is coming.i think its because we know how much this country panics at the first mention of snow and it still 7 days away.if the charts are still showing the same Sunday I expect the met office to change their stance then ⛄

Posted

I also think the MetO don't wish to get egg in their face as its still only @ t192 before any real cold starts showing. Lots of ramping going on which I love but I'm also a little cautious. I agree with waiting until Sunday.

signs that the met office have seem something in the charts as all weather reports are ending with "the possibility of something colder for Xmas period". Lot of talk in the model thread like why won't they say snow and cold is coming.i think its because we know how much this country panics at the first mention of snow and it still 7 days away.if the charts are still showing the same Sunday I expect the met office to change their stance then ⛄

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hi.

Anyone seen Bobby? I was wondering what rainfall totals he has had over the last few days, as it looks to have been extremely wet?!

What about you TonyH? :)

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Hi Map 27mm since Tuesday although yesterday was mostly dry here.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Very interesting weather forecast for  xmas day .IM DREAMING OF A WHITE XMAS :w00t: Rain over central and southern parts Tuesday should move slowing southeastwards, clearing the southeast early on Christmas Eve. Colder showery conditions to the north, with snow on high ground here, following over the entire UK. The colder conditions then persist for most through Christmas Day and the following weekend with snow even to low levels at times in the north. There is a low probability of some more persistent rain crossing southern parts during the holiday weekend with a risk of snow on the leading edge. Otherwise in the following week there looks to be a gradual return to spells of wet and milder weather interspersed with colder, showery conditions. Generally windy for many throughout the period with risk of gales, these mainly in the northwest.