Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

It's awful out,just cold rain.what was left of Saturday's snow is rapidly melting here. Still there's another 39 days of winter to go yet

Posted

Well the model forum is full of delights about the end of the month and start of Feb..

To be fair, it's snowed/hailed most nights since the weekend, so we've had a wintry blast and today in the rain, it has felt the coldest day of the week.

A decent snowfall would be nice.

• Like 2

Posted

Still nothing major up here. Roads and pavements are a bit slushy but the falling snow is still too "wet" if you know what I mean

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Went over from Garnlydan to Crickhowell at 16:30 and it was belting it down with snow on top and most of the way to Crick. Rain in Crick though

• Like 1

Snap! Though I'm sure somebody said before that the radar shows the predicted precipitation and not what's actually happening right then.

Indeed it is based on what the models think should be happening, not what is actually happening, it can be useful for indicative purposes though.

Annoying weather today, feeling freezing but raining (Currently 4c). Latest EURO4 not that promising really at all.

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted

Had a brief period of wet snow earlier, which has now turned back to rain/sleet.

Posted

Derek brockway mentioned heads of the valleys so I remain hopeful for a covering by the morning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I'm resigned for rain for me. Would be nothing short of a miracle for Cardiff to get snow tonight. It's way too mild unfortunately. :angry:

Posted

Light snow, moderate at times has been falling for the past hour here

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Drizzle on the way back from Aber just, now sleety rain too mild for snow.

2.6c/ DP 1.9c

Posted

The little low is spiralling over Pembrokeshire currently.

Posted

3c and moderate rain. Of all the conditions that we've seen this month to date (and there have been plenty), this ranks pretty low on the scale.

It's even raining at 365m at the top of Mynydd Machen. Went up on the bike to check the effect of altitude. In conclusion: none; and a really bad hypothesis / plan generally.

Edited by gareth moo
  • Like 2

Posted

Chucking it down with rain here. 

2.6c

DP1.1c

Posted

3c and moderate rain. Of all the conditions that we've seen this month to date (and there have been plenty), this ranks pretty low on the scale.

It's even raining at 365m at the top of Mynydd Machen. Went up on the bike to check the effect of altitude. In conclusion: none; and a really bad hypothesis / plan generally.

Good try anyway :)

• Like 2

Posted

Light snow for about 30 mins in NE Wales. Will take about 20 years to get above show level at this rate though

Lol I mentioned something along those lines that just 10 mins ago to my parents,the rate its snowing here currently.

Its only a mini low.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/bracka.gif

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

You know what i take my hat off to the MetO. I'm glad they don't do long range punts anymore, but their 5 day forecast and warning are pretty much spot on.

So much hysterics on the Mod thread from armchair experts "Why aren't the Meto issuing Amber warnings" "The MetO will have egg on their face with this one" etc

Always search out an IanF post among the dross. 

• Like 3

Posted

Lol I mentioned something along those lines that just 10 mins ago to my parents,the rate its snowing here currently.

Its only a mini low.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/bracka.gif

Plenty of precipitation here in Swansea - much more than I expected. If we could combine our precipitation rate with your precipitation type, we'd be sorted...

Posted

Abso pouring with rain here now. Oh well, at least no panic about getting the car out of the street tomorrow!