Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

3.1C here in Upper Cwmbran and still dry. It's knife edge whether we get rain or snow here. Nowcasting 

Posted

haha typical! Bloody urban heat island, although probably minimal in Cardiff, it is still probably making a difference as you say between rain/snow. Areas around cardiff slightly higher too which helps, plus the wind is from the south east and the city centre is closer to the estuary. May have to take a drive at lunch!

Ps. It is not actually doing anything in cardiff mind, main precipitation looks slightly further west

Yeah, it's stopped here again now. Sky does look "full of it" mind. I'm quite excited. I have snow tyres on the bike and am itching to see if they work!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Yeah, it's stopped here again now. Sky does look "full of it" mind. I'm quite excited. I have snow tyres on the bike and am itching to see if they work!

I was inside and thought it was raining but come outside now and it's actually still bone dry here, hasn't rained or snowed so it may well of snowed here too if we had some of the main precipitation. Hopefully you'll have plenty more opportunities to to try the tyres over the next few weeks!

Posted

Situation in Pembrokeshire is rain around Haverfordwest, currently 2c.

Colder inland around 0c with a wintry mix at height.

• Like 1

Posted

Met office has issued a weather warning but looks to far east for pencoed brynna area what you guys think

looks borderline for south of valleys. but lets see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

Met office has issued a weather warning but looks to far east for pencoed brynna area what you guys think

I would say you are just a bit too far west - you would be more into the mild sector as it pushes in.

If it is moving further South than predicted there is the chance the colder air could also be further South - might be a few surprises later on tonight.

It was snowing with me in Tongwynlais earlier but now drizzle.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Raining in Cathays area of Cardiff, wondering what all the fuss is about :p

Posted

still snowing heavily here

i'd say sticking around late 200m to 300m

Edited by andymusic

Posted

still snowing heavily here

i'd say sticking around late 200m to 300m

Hi Andy - I didn't think they had forecast much in the way of precipitation because the front was fragmenting as it came in - or have they updated the amounts of PPN around?

Posted

Snow quite heavily here but not sticking, according to BBC weather app turning to rain late tonight though :(

I am thinking this is proving difficult to forecast - some say rain tonight, some are showing snow then perhaps turning to rain by morning - some not! I think the apps being automated are not necessarily the most accurate thing in the world!

Posted

Hi Andy - I didn't think they had forecast much in the way of precipitation because the front was fragmenting as it came in - or have they updated the amounts of PPN around?

total nowcast situation - euro 4 showing that wales & w midlands could end up getting the best of this one

oh and it's still snowing here

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

total nowcast situation - euro 4 showing that wales & w midlands could end up getting the best of this one

Stopped here in Merthyr. Was fine wet snow for a while. Was forecast for 3-4pm though.

Posted

Quality - love the nowcast!! Hope the euro 4 is bang on the money then - not going to hang around too late in work today then just in case......