Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Wales - Weather Chat

Showers coming more west'ly now than earlier. Started again in cardiff. Rain/Hail still.

Edited by bradythemole

Just too low in AberG. Snow shield has been activated. Steady rain.

3.2°C

DP 0.5°C

Edited by Blackjack

finally!!!!nice big flakes....now another few hours would be lovely lol

finally snowing here too! slight covering on cars and roads already! :)

Looks like a bit of a lull in the West now, hope we see more showers later and that they don't all travel to our south.

3.2°C

DP 0.5°C

blinking snow shield is a nuisance, we live in town, haven't seen snow since January 13

Heavy hail here , settled and was quite white , now snowing very lightly with small flake.

3.2°C

DP 0.5°C

ye back up to 3c here too. Might have to wait until the lower temperatures look to kick in after midnight and towards early morning. Big area of precip showing between 3-6am for South East Wales so we will see what 18z euro4 shows.

Edited by bradythemole

Last shower was a good one. Hail with some flakes showing up for the first time. Lightning overhead. Temp now at 1.5c.

Snowing here,1.4, here we go :) let's see if it lasts!

Quite heavy hail here with temp dropping to 2.4 deg from 3.2 in last hour ,wind picking up from the west .

If you're on the south wales coast, the showers to the south west of Pembrokeshire should continue to develop as they moves eastwards, look the next main ones, bit of a lull until then but they could be good!! Hope the temperature continues to drop...

The shower i am on about, if it carries on same trajectory, probably around 00:00 cardiff area.

I am hoping for a snow day tomorrow any one reckon I'm in with a chance of it happening ?

Temp dropping,now 0.5, whatever falls should be snow !;)

I am hoping for a snow day tomorrow any one reckon I'm in with a chance of it happening ?

Slim!

BBC Wales forecast going for most of the snow to be on higher ground (2-5cm) other than that sleet probably for lower levels.

Thanks TonyH suppose I'd better go to bed then instead of checking the window every 2 minutes.

Clair_witch  I love snow days it has been too long since the last one.

Edited by chubbystuff

Unless my eyes are deceiving me it looks as though some of the showers in the Irish sea are starting to come together to form more of a band of ppn. Whether it will be snow or not is another matter. Get the feeling there won't be accumulations to lower levels anyway. Time for bed after having a heart attack watching Everton play me thinks. Maybe I'll set an alarm for 3 am-ish just in case though! :p

Took a drive to Merthyr and then onto brecon just now then back to swansea . Plenty of snow and slush (a good 2 inches) on the roads but the snow line hasn't reached most places. Nobody around on the roads, past about 5 gritters. Even lower parts of the valleys there was no snow at all. Back home in swansea and it's pretty much dry.

Edited by Marcus_surfer

BBC Wales forecast going for most of the snow to be on higher ground (2-5cm) other than that sleet probably for lower levels.

As I said before it is very much nowcasting now.

Looking at where the showers are developing as opposed to models.

Temps are dropping, so better chance of any showers being more wintry. if any showers continue through the night that is. 

Took a drive to Merthyr and then onto brecon just now then back to swansea . Plenty of snow and slush (a good 2 inches) on the roads but the snow line hasn't reached most places. Nobody around on the roads, past about 5 gritters. Even lower parts of the valleys there was no snow at all. Back home in swansea and it's pretty much dry.

Still soaking outside here from the earlier snow.

The Bwlch mountain behind me is closed due to snow, white outside not sure how much more there be, just hope it don't freeze solid as roads be terrible.

The Bwlch mountain behind me is closed due to snow, white outside not sure how much more there be, just hope it don't freeze solid as roads be terrible.

post-8250-0-93254800-1421191708_thumb.jp

Wintry showers all day but the only settling snow was around 3pm, left a small deposit on cars and grass etc but soon thawed (57m asl).

Driving how from work about an hour ago which takes me over a hill and the snow line seems to be about 150m by me where there's a small covering of snow on most surfaces and a slushy deposit on the roads.

Hoping for a temp drop because it's increased to 3c, looking at the radar some nice showers coming in.

Edited by shaunwales