Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

The mirror are at it again saying we've 5ft snow arriving after new year for a month haha and that guy James maddern is talking rubbish too! Not sure where they get their information from.

Because rubbish makes money  James Madden ,rumour was that he was sponsored by a winter tyre company lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely couple of frosty days here with ice surviving in the shade, actually feels like winter. Much better than wind and rain even though it's been quite slippery under the foot out there.

This morning had a low of -3.7c. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Here are some pics of Plynlimon today, very wintry up there.

post-10685-0-12501300-1419872741_thumb.j

post-10685-0-56952700-1419872746_thumb.j

post-10685-0-39709500-1419872778_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Got back to Swansea today and was just 6.0c in my flat (on the inside)! Took a long time to heat up. It's the coldest it's been in Swansea since I moved here in January and already sub-zero outside tonight.

Got back to Swansea today and was just 6.0c in my flat (on the inside)! Took a long time to heat up. It's the coldest it's been in Swansea since I moved here in January and already sub-zero outside tonight.

It has been very frosty up here and in shaded areas it hasn't thawed in the daytime.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Drove back from the Midlands this evening it was -5c in places between Sennybridge and Llandovery and -6c around Pumsaint closer to home (and before 8pm). Coming down the hill into Lampeter there was a thin snow cover of under 1cm but nothing other than a thick hoar frost here at home.

Posted

Hopefully this is not going to be another largely snowless Winter..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Another beautiful day, snow cover still here, but probably be largely gone by tomorrow. This will do me for snow, thanks - which means that the weather gods will, out of great goodwill, send loads more - be better if they could translate the goodwill into lottery win ... :)

• Like 1

Posted

Quite windy tonight,can`t expect much frost tonight with milder uppers in.

4.2c now snow top is bordering on crispy but not in the wind.

• Like 1

Posted

It's absolutely chucking it down here and very windy

Same here,reminds me of last year!!

Posted

Lots of talk in model discussion thread of snow Saturday coming further south,does that mean us??

A small area of Low Pressure is set move west to east across the UK Friday night into Saturday morning. In a similar way to the Boxing Day event.

On it northern edge, with uppers of below -5c ahead it may turn to snow as it did on Boxing day,

However this all depends on where the Northern edge is.

Currently the mild sector is too far north for much snow (if any) for Wales . (even EURO4)

However the current trend is southwards and further movements south gives Wales a chance, My advice keep your eye out, but don't expect anything unless we get further southwards movement.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

post-18935-0-24868400-1420145317_thumb.j

think this sums up the mood in the mod thread tonight!

Posted

Lots of talk in model discussion thread of snow Saturday coming further south,does that mean us??

Looks unlikely away from high ground say above 400m in N Wales I would say.

As Julian says we need to watch the track as it unfolds tomorrow night really but I am certainly not expecting any snow here.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Happy New Year all hope you all have a great 2015

just been reading in moaning thread, sounds very much like January has been written off as regards to snow, it was only a few weeks back that people were predicting very cold and possibly snowy winter yet now some are saying no snow. what you guys think going to happen this winter? me I think we end up with some very wet weather (rain) and not a great deal of cold with no snow other than for tops of mountains. not based on anything other than that's the norm ha ha.

• Like 1

Posted

gfs puts the low further south again and lower temps overnight tonight could potentially lead to some surprises!

• Like 1