Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
3 hours ago, dragonfalls said:

Thats March cursed no then .is the storm still coming over the weekend or is it downgraded 

Still looking very stormy - and as from Early Sunday morning through a lot of next week - snow is looking likely in Wales throughout the week

gfs-2-150.png?12

gfs-2-186.png?12

gfs-2-192.png?12

Edited by andymusic

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

Still looking very stormy - and as from Early Sunday morning through a lot of next week - snow is looking likely in Wales throughout the week

gfs-2-150.png?12

gfs-2-186.png?12

gfs-2-192.png?12

Yes Andy im trying to stay cool but again Wales right in the firing line ,increasing moisture bringing increased chances of heavy snow Sunday into Monday across Wales lets see if charts show the same within 48 hr time frame .Nice to see met office support for this outcome at this early stage.:yahoo:

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Not much in the way of snow looking at the Beeb chart just now lads - the air looks like it 's staying in a less mild flow

Time is ticking away now....

JK

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

All this talk of snow...Met Office is having none of it, and were I a betting man my money would be with them. Lost count how many of those GFS charts I've seen this season showing snow, none of which has materialised.

My towel is well and truly thrown on this sorry ar$ed joke of a season.

Posted

latest euro4 for sunday morning

16020706_0506.gif

very gusty winds come sunday and monday too

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow

I think we'll get snow on the weekend into next week, certainly with altitude. Prime spot I'm in hopefully :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

I'm keeping next weekend free to go to the Brecon Beacons or thereabouts on the premise that there will be snow above a couple of hundred metres. Corn Ddu, Pen y Fan and Cribyn are a favourite jaunt of mine in winter weather. I'm just worried that any snow that falls mid-late next week won't be enjoyed at the weekend if the next low comes steaming in off the Atlantic straight away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
1 minute ago, MP-R said:

I'm keeping next weekend free to go to the Brecon Beacons or thereabouts on the premise that there will be snow above a couple of hundred metres. Corn Ddu, Pen y Fan and Cribyn are a favourite jaunt of mine in winter weather. I'm just worried that any snow that falls mid-late next week won't be enjoyed at the weekend if the next low comes steaming in off the Atlantic straight away!

Can see the Beacons from where I live, message me next week and i'll let you know whether to travel or not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
47 minutes ago, Simon SWales said:

Can see the Beacons from where I live, message me next week and i'll let you know whether to travel or not.

That's brilliant. Thanks very much! :)

Posted

Overnight Sunday into Monday is looking particularly stormy for South Wales and all of wales for that matter and from Sunday through the week still looking wintry also

gfs-2-102.png?12

Edited by andymusic

Posted

up goes the warning for storm winds monday

Yellow Alert of Wind for Wales

Yellow Alert of Wind for Wales : Vale of Glamorgan, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Merthyr Tydfil, Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire & Swansea valid from 0300 Mon 08 Feb to 1800 Mon 08 Feb

and end of next week looks flipping freezing on the gfs 6z

gfs-2-180.png?6

Rtavn16817.gif

• Like 1

Posted

monday night tuesday now looking wintry too - this week is gonna deliver folks finally after all the false starts

gfs-2-54.png?12

gfs-2-66.png?12

gfs-2-72.png?12

Edited by andymusic

Posted
3 minutes ago, andymusic said:

monday night tuesday now looking wintry too - this week is gonna deliver folks finally after all the false starts

gfs-2-54.png?12

gfs-2-66.png?12

gfs-2-72.png?12

Yes for high levels of Wales not low level lying spots like here in Chepstow or even West of me , time will tell but seen it to many times so far this boring winter we have had .

Posted
15 minutes ago, Cloud buster said:

Yes for high levels of Wales not low level lying spots like here in Chepstow or even West of me , time will tell but seen it to many times so far this boring winter we have had .

There's a lot of cold air entrenched in this wave of lows crossing us this week I think we may just get some interesting developments - just watch how things go

thursday and friday still showing loads of fun to be had also

gfs-2-138.png?12

gfs-2-144.png?12

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
5 hours ago, andymusic said:

gfs-2-54.png?12

gfs-2-66.png?12

gfs-2-72.png?12

Bet it doesnt. What I say next isnt aimed at you by the way.

Too many of these charts have failed to come to fruition. None of them have even come close to being accurate. Why should these be any different?

Posted
4 hours ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Bet it doesnt. What I say next isnt aimed at you by the way.

Too many of these charts have failed to come to fruition. None of them have even come close to being accurate. Why should these be any different?

because gfs is now repeating and improving on each run the cold synoptics 18z tonight a prime example

gfs-2-66.png?18

gfs-2-114.png?18

gfs-2-222.png?18

Yellow Warning of Wind for Wales

Yellow Warning of Wind for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea, Torfaen & Vale of Glamorgan valid from 0300 Mon 08 Feb to 1800 Mon 08 Feb

Edited by andymusic

Posted
On 03/02/2016 at 5:47 PM, keithlucky said:

Yes Andy im trying to stay cool but again Wales right in the firing line ,increasing moisture bringing increased chances of heavy snow Sunday into Monday across Wales lets see if charts show the same within 48 hr time frame .Nice to see met office support for this outcome at this early stage.:yahoo:

A few days late but rain will turn to wet snow as colder air digs in from the North Tuesday night,a taste of winter at last!This colder type weather conditions will last until  the weekend ,with a N west flow to a NNwest flow( cannot posts charts files are full)

Edited by keithlucky