Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Some wintry showers last night, turned to proper (fluffy) snow around 10pm, nice to see the snow for a change, but after making a brief attempt to stick failed to do so. No surprise really with the mild ground (from December) and wet from earlier showers.

Much drier today with long sunny spells. Much prefer this weather than the wind, and rain even it is was (v) mild.

9 hours ago, freeze for all said:

Another load of rubbish here!! Give me a cold spell from a straight Northerly or North East any day of the week to a North West.

NNW winds are better for here as well, as it was most of the showers ended going up too far east.

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted

:cold:anyone for some more snow

gfs-2-66.png?12

gfs-2-72.png?12

gfs-2-78.png?12

cold spell is only getting started - wrap up warm tonight:cold:

Edited by andymusic

Posted
1 hour ago, andymusic said:

:cold:anyone for some more snow

gfs-2-66.png?12

gfs-2-72.png?12

gfs-2-78.png?12

cold spell is only getting started - wrap up warm tonight:cold:

I dunno Andy, I suspect Monday could be another high ground event.

Still a lot of uncertainty though, which goes without saying.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

Either it stays cold or turns mild. It's this shilly-shallying that's so undignified.

(First person who gets the reference wins a trip to snowy Sweden)

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Netweather's forecast on Monday for Cardiff is now sleet all day. That's an improvement on the rain first forecast.

Posted

Probably change again think its been model mayhem last couple of days gets you hooked though lol see some snow even better still think Feb might have a sting in it latter on has the elnino peaked yet seems quiet on that front 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Possible snow early Sunday for parts of SE and E Wales, worth keeping an eye on.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Yes and just seen that apparently the front is to stall on the West coast on this run, which would be better for us? Never seen so much change at such short range before!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave
4 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

Yes and just seen that apparently the front is to stall on the West coast on this run, which would be better for us? Never seen so much change at such short range before!

Yes 18z further west but Monday tricky, very marginal and may not be much precipitation at all for most areas come reality.

Also, tomorrow night/sunday possible snow also marginal, looks a messy mix.

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 1

Posted

BBCWeather on Radio 4 just now talked of rain from the west on Monday. Hoped for better out of this cold spell. 

Some hail/snow last night but all driven on a very strong wind and with temps no lower than 1c there was no freeze. 

Even tonight temps widely 4c across the county. 

Posted

To add to that annoyance have had constant heavy rain here since about 8:30 contrary to what the radar says, yet when conditions yesterday were ripe we couldn't latch on to thoses heavier showers. Pathetic cold spell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Think the models are not coping well with the inversion caused by ex hurricane Alex. It's causing the warm air to topple in over us from Saturday night into Sunday which means Wales will be on the milder side of an upper warm front. So by the time the Atlantic comes knocking on Monday unless your on pen y fan or above 400 metres looks like rain. But give it until tomorrow to throw the towel in because the inversion could end up further west and that COULD leave more of us in the colder air such is the turmoil in the models. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

My advice at the moment.....open the curtains and see what weather awaits you.even the "experts" are struggling to predict past tomorrow night 

Posted

Gosh.

I know I shouldn't allow something like the weather, something I have no control over, to influence my mood but this indecisiveness from the models is turning me into a gibbering wreck. I'm not even going to make any vague predictions for either tomorrow night or Monday/Tuesday.

Hot, strong cup of tea, anybody?

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
4 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Gosh.

I know I shouldn't allow something like the weather, something I have no control over, to influence my mood but this indecisiveness from the models is turning me into a gibbering wreck. I'm not even going to make any vague predictions for either tomorrow night or Monday/Tuesday.

Hell of a shout 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Gosh.

Much prefer mine milky thanks with 1 sugar. :D

Might pop up Merthyr way tomorrow to see some lying snow.

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, J10 said:

Much prefer mine milky thanks with 1 sugar. :D

Might pop up Merthyr way tomorrow to see some lying snow.

I like an extra strong cup of spicy chai Ju, a habit I picked up in Calcutta, although there they add enough sugar to instantly send you into a diabetic coma.

Just to warn you, there's nothing in Merthyr town itself - we even patches of snow lying here, further down the valley, but there's zilch in Merthyr. You're best off going up to Dowlais Top or, better yet, Storey Arms. But I'm sure you already knew that. :)

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
10 minutes ago, Cloud buster said:

It's really cold outside now as you can see , warm though indoors ' -3.1 now since posting this :cold:

coldf.JPG

What weather station is that? That's a very nice display!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Disappointing cold spell here, temperatures actually rising here!

20160115_231619.thumb.jpg.b17e914ae711ee

Posted
6 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

What weather station is that? That's a very nice display!

Thank you @Backtrack ' it was from ALDI ' had it for Christmas ' they were only £20 and also its either battery operated and also came with a power supply and you can dim it or even turn the display of , i love it and i have had many in the past but this as been the best i have ever had .

Can't afford the dear ones like the Davies , but this really doe's the job .