Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Another load of rubbish here!! Give me a cold spell from a straight Northerly or North East any day of the week to a North West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

It looks as if the rain may have all frozen as soon as its hitting a surface! Seen a lot of people on facebook saying Bridgend is an ice rink!

Posted
Just now, DeepSnow said:

It looks as if the rain may have all frozen as soon as its hitting a surface! Seen a lot of people on facebook saying Bridgend is an ice rink!

looks like you may have a streamer setting up shop with bridgend as the exit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
42 minutes ago, andymusic said:

looks like you may have a streamer setting up shop with bridgend as the exit

Shame it's not cold enough for snow here then! 3.7c and the ice is thawing!

Posted

just like jackfrost commented last night - i also think sunday/monday wales will see a good battleground snow event

gfs-2-72.png?6

edit:- after a little break it's snowing again - streamer now poised over the house lol

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/lucky-escape-schoolchildren-school-bus-8445250

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Not sure its going to be cold enough on Monday looking at the charts we may just miss out again but then again not convinced the models have it right either.

• Like 2

Posted

its snowing! wooo

I think my thermometer may be out, as its currently saying 6.3C yet its sleet/ almost complete snow at times coming down?

Edited by DeepSnow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.
1 hour ago, Jayne aka Pembsgal said:

Pembrokeshire has missed out totally I think. It's bitterly cold but pretty blue skies still.

Cardiff did too. There was a little sleety rain after midnight and that was our lot.

I have the no snow blues today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Rain. This spell is a pile of toss.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

I'm inclined to agree. And our forecast day of heavy snow on Monday has been replaced by heavy rain.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Warm influence off the Irish Sea. You may have done better if it had hit you in the evening. Mid Wales and the valleys could do really well of the area of PPN moving down on more of a northerly wind. 

I'm pinning my hopes on February. Nice bit of stratospheric warming will hopefully produce a better hemespheric pattern, and give us something a bit more east of northerly!

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

I'm inclined to agree. And our forecast day of heavy snow on Monday has been replaced by heavy rain.

Had it?? For the whole of Wales? Haven't seen that!?!

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

Pfft...surprise surprise. Roll on Spring.

Posted
2 minutes ago, RhysWales said:

Warm influence off the Irish Sea. You may have done better if it had hit you in the evening. Mid Wales and the valleys could do really well of the area of PPN moving down on more of a northerly wind. 

I'm pinning my hopes on February. Nice bit of stratospheric warming will hopefully produce a better hemespheric pattern, and give us something a bit more east of northerly!

You may be right, but it used to be the case that NW'ly airstreams in winter would deliver copious amounts of snow. For some reason, in the past couple of years this has changed. 

• Like 1

Posted

Unfortunately the rain/ sleet/ snow over north Wales is heading into the midlands, so not much but clear spells for us down south tonight. The chilliest night for quite a few years I'm sure! Will be good to see how low it goes!

Don't think people should give up on the possibility of frontal snow still on Monday, even to lower levels. The models have pushed things back west again this afternoon. Hopefully we get a sniff of something before the milder air returns (probably midweek.)

I would bank this:

gfs-2-72.png

Posted

More than half an inch of rain has fallen here. Surface water flooding on the roads again. Kick this cold spell into touch...useless.

Posted

Just looked at the South West/Central thread, is there anything being predicted/shown for over the weekend or is it going to be dry for Wales?