Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

snowman time - we look to be in the sweet spot on this one - no doubt things may change slightly - but looking good

snow depths.GIF

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

BREAKING NEWS - Southern Ireland just had winds approaching 90mph - heading this way - GULP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cc_confused:

• Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, andymusic said:

BREAKING NEWS - Southern Ireland just had winds approaching 90mph - heading this way - GULP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cc_confused:

I hate the wind causes to much damage and being up on this mountain it gets hit hard by wind.

Posted
1 hour ago, welshwizard said:

I hate the wind causes to much damage and being up on this mountain it gets hit hard by wind.

was up your way last night and weather wasn't too pleasent then - over at pontycymmer cons

in relation to the bbc iplayer forecast below - notice at the end he doesn't know whether the low will go north or south - 18z has more cold pushed into the uk - and forces the low to undercut more creating a better environment for snow for us - so at the moment it's an unknown

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

Well if the worst is yet to come then I really hope there is a god.

Been up watching the Superbowl and the wind gusts have been massive with very squally, heavy showers. So much to say the car port has become detached from its roof and ended up in middle of road. Trees and debris blowing onto A470 (location Upper Boat, Pontypridd). A470 been a buzz of activity with blue lights whizzing past every 20 minutes or so. Lets see what the morning brings (YIKES) ;{

Western Power - Power outages UK wide as of 5:31am

3545 properties without power - see attached for breakdown

wpupdate.JPG

Edited by worldairgroup
update

Posted

Thanks Imogen,I've been awake looking for a bowl to catch the drips coming through my bedroom ceiling. If anyone knows a roofer in the Blackwood Gwent area,that would be a great help!     Think this is the worst wind and rain I've heard..........scary ...........imagine if it was snow.....

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
8 hours ago, Cloud buster said:

Well METO ain't having any of it ..http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06z4pwl/weather-for-the-week-ahead-07022016

No Snow or extreme cold to be honest , throw the towel in i finks :diablo:

Yes agree, most of the charts are not showing anything other than normal average winter weather - not any significant sway to snow as some people have been mentioning last 24 hours. Think that the last dice has been thrown.

However, it certainly isn't boring today but rest of the week is benign and then wet again, just rain.

Towel - gone!

JK

Edited by CRACKPOT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

Amber wind warning area expanded across more of the south Wales coastal counties this morning including Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea and Neath Port Talbot http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=wl&fcTime=1454889600

Edited by swansearob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Winds really are blowing a gale here and have been all night long. We've had sheets of rain. My neighbour is out trying to fix his fence in this. As fast as he drills it back into place it's back down again.

Posted
1 hour ago, Clair_Witch said:

Winds really are blowing a gale here and have been all night long. We've had sheets of rain. My neighbour is out trying to fix his fence in this. As fast as he drills it back into place it's back down again.

not a good idea - just wait until the storm has passed through. Our carport roof got totally detached from the carport overnight and blew into middle of road (lucky it was 4am and no cars there) had to have fire service to come to retrieve as it. if things go wrong during the storm unless there is immedaite danger to life or property - leave it as it is LOL (not ranting at your Clair - your neighbour!!)

• Like 1

Posted

Should be hitting peak gusts between now and 14:00. Sat in work in Newport watching the trees and lamp posts sway in the wind

I hope my house is OK when i get home. It didn't fair too well during 2013/14 winter.

How is everyone doing? 

Edited by Cwmbran Eira

Posted

Kilgetty took a battering overnight, am in work in Pembroke and it's really howling here and bitterly cold.  Batten down the hatches folks and stay safe!

Edited by Jayne aka Pembsgal
  • Like 1

Posted
50 minutes ago, worldairgroup said:

not a good idea - just wait until the storm has passed through. Our carport roof got totally detached from the carport overnight and blew into middle of road (lucky it was 4am and no cars there) had to have fire service to come to retrieve as it. if things go wrong during the storm unless there is immedaite danger to life or property - leave it as it is LOL (not ranting at your Clair - your neighbour!!)

I was quite concerned he was going to electrocute himself when the rain belted down. Bet the daft sod had extension leads draped across the garden too.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
47 minutes ago, Cwmbran Eira said:

Should be hitting peak gusts between now and 14:00. Sat in work in Newport watching the trees and lamp posts sway in the wind

I hope my house is OK when i get home. It didn't fair too well during 2013/14 winter.

How is everyone doing? 

Used to live in Pontnewydd in Cwmbran. Where do you work in Newport? 

Posted

weather is mental out there - wind and rain/hail - trees down power outages - town centres closed - bridgend and llanelli - danger of flying debris - yet still someone walks past our house with their dog???????????????????????? - it's very dangerous out - staying put is the safest thing to do

Friday and Saturday this week still looking like prime spots for the wintry snowy variety of weather - looks like we are gonna have it all this week - even tomorrow - some wintriness is in the mix

16020912_0806.gif

friday morning

gfs-2-102.png?6

and saturday

gfs-2-156.png?6

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Simon SWales said:

Used to live in Pontnewydd in Cwmbran. Where do you work in Newport? 

Pontnewydd chippy is the best around!

I work just off the Magor M4 Junction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
Just now, Cwmbran Eira said:

Pontnewydd chippy is the best around!

I work just off the Magor M4 Junction

I grew up with the owner Paul :-)

I work at Breeze bar in Newport City Centre

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, dragonfalls said:

Very rough out lots of trees down in the area we might get mentioned on the news later ?

wouldn't hold your breath - thought it was funny this morning - breakfast tv - reporter reporting from Cornwall - south west - they never mentioned Wales once - kharma took over real fast mind you - he completely messed up the report - local news yes I've no doubt lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Really banking on there being snow in the Brecon Beacons this weekend, and preferably a window on Saturday to enjoy it. Forecasts for Nant Ddu look promising on XC weather. Me going is of course dependent on whether the Severn Bridge is still there by the weekend...

• Like 1

Posted

All thrown towels are being recollected in the mod thread.

It's looking quite good for Wales from the weekend onwards. Dare we believe?