Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

If anything Marcus, the heaviest falls might be in the hills of Mid and South Wales, as this map just posted by Derek Brockway on Twitter, courtesy of the Met Office, suggests:

CYst2M-WsAAHxyd.png

The Valleys look like seeing quite a bit, and that's 20cm over the Brecon Beacons. I'm on the border of the orange and red zones.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Light snow here.:)

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, andymusic said:

showers really packing into wales now from cardigan bay - here we go

They should be with us in an hour or two Andy! I'm expecting them to all fall as snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

showers really packing into wales now from cardigan bay - here we go

Yeah andy ! some gonna do well out of this. Radar is so interesting to watch at the moment the showers becoming increasingly heavy

Posted
Just now, Jackfrost said:

They should be with us in an hour or two Andy! I'm expecting them to all fall as snow.

yep - just went outside - it's bloody freeeeeeeezin lol

Posted
1 minute ago, andymusic said:

yep - just went outside - it's bloody freeeeeeeezin lol

I for one won't be taking any notice of Derek's charts in regards to how much snow will fall, anyone remember 2010 lol "south Wales should stay dry" and a foot or more of snow fell!

• Like 2

Posted

Why i like this met warning most of the snow over Wales lol

Thursday. In addition, a trough will bring a more persistent spell of sleet and snow southeastwards overnight -"" most of the snow falling across Wales
howes will become frequent on Thursday evening and heavy at times, increasingly turning to snow on high ground and inland, with a longer spell of sleet and snow moving southeastwards across Wales and into parts of the West Midlands and Westcountry overnight. Snow accumulations of 5-10 cm are likely across Wales above 200 metres, with 1-4 cm possible at low levels well inland from the coast. Ice is also likely to form on untreated surfaces.

Across England, smaller amounts of snow are expected, but 1-3 cm is possible above 200 metres, with some small slushy accumulations to low levels very locally. With some of the showers falling as sleet or rain, ice is more likely to prove a hazard here where surfaces are untreated.

Please be aware of the likelihood of some travel disruption and difficult driving conditions.
A cold, unstable northwesterly airstream covers the UK. This will bring showers, which will become heavier, more frequent and increasingly wintry later on Thursday. In addition, a trough will bring a more persistent spell of sleet and snow southeastwards overnight - most of the snow falling across Wales, but smaller amounts may feed down into some western parts of England. Amounts of snow towards the south and east of the warning area are uncertain and many places will see very little, but ice will be a likely hazard in any case. This warning will be kept under review and updated as necessary
Edited by keithlucky

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I for one won't be taking any notice of Derek's charts in regards to how much snow will fall, anyone remember 2010 lol "south Wales should stay dry" and a foot or more of snow fell!

That was brilliant. We really got lucky that day! Places not far West and East of us really did stay dry!

We seem on the right side of marginal tonight, so there's nothing to stop our expectations being exceeded tonight, especially as the showers seem to be arriving a little earlier than expected.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, Marcus_surfer said:

Yeah andy ! some gonna do well out of this. Radar is so interesting to watch at the moment the showers becoming increasingly heavy

Yes Marcus unstable air impressive growth in shower activity.

Posted
7 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Why i like this met warning most of the snow over Wales lol

Excellent. *cackles*

That said, if there's one place I'd like to see buried in snow, along with Wales, it's Southwest England. They haven't done well in the last few years.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

well happy new year all, been a long time since posting been lurking mainly in the mad model thread :rofl:. Seems like our best chance for Snow for what seems like an eternity at least imby perspective. Wales actually mentioned in a warning must be good news :D, good luck all :cold:

Posted
6 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Excellent. *cackles*

That said, if there's one place I'd like to see buried in snow, along with Wales, it's Southwest England. They haven't done well in the last few years.

Yes we share snow   with our friends in Swest like 1979 blizzard and 1982.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Any reports out west on these showers pepping up on the radar? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Why is behnaz on BBC Wales saying should be of rain at low levels when the metoffice morning clearly states 1-4cm at lower levels!?

behnaz has been very wide of the mark in the past - only paltry showers one morning and wouldn't change her forecast when we were buried deep and crisp and even lol - just watch how this develops

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Family and friend reporting Snow in North West Wales now - around Llanberis/Deiniolen. 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted

I like Behnaz and Derek but, without meaning to be rude, I don't think they make the best TV forecasters.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Met Office has only issued a yellow warning of snow, the actual hour to hour forecast is just showing a small amount of sleet. I just watched ITV weather and there was definitely a few white blobs over Cardiff.

They rarely forecast our snow accurately, so hopefully we'll see something overnight into the morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

The showers look very scattered. Reports of snow in nw Wales around  here tho 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

clear skies and bright stars here.mighty cold tho.here's hoping that the white stuff falls tonight.really fancy a 3 day weekend :cold:

Posted

Sleet here atm but precip is light hopefully things will pep up latter and more intense showers will arrive. 

Posted

Met office has my area down for heavy snow at 1:00am :yahoo:but won't be able to  lampost watch as we have one of those silly energy saver things and it is pitch black outside my house at 1am :angry:

Edited by chubbystuff