Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Yet another miserable day around here. Relentless rain, dark and gloomy, just awful. Browsed through the model discussion and even the eternal optimists don't see much of a change for at least a couple of weeks but on the bright side all the reservoirs are full to the brim :).

Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

some great charts tonight being posted in the model thread,all about 9/10 days away but surely just once the weather gods will let them come off!haven't had a good snow since Jan 2013!

Posted
On 28/12/2015 at 2:46 PM, keithlucky said:

Well you could blow me down with a feather excitement builds in model thread,  could history repeat itself Classical Greenland high pressure leading to northern blocking storm hits UK on the 11th gradually getting colder as we drag colder air from the north west.How long this  cold blast will last who knows?Netweather GFS ImageSee how the low pressure stalls and just drags in colder airNetweather GFS Image

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Haven't posted on here in a long time dipped in and out to read the posts and see if there is any glimmer of the white stuff heading our way. Keithlucky  has given me a little bit of hope keeping my fingers crossed.

My youngest who is 9 has decided he wants to live in a desert as he can't cope much longer with all this rain lol. 

Posted
8 hours ago, chubbystuff said:

Haven't posted on here in a long time dipped in and out to read the posts and see if there is any glimmer of the white stuff heading our way. Keithlucky  has given me a little bit of hope keeping my fingers crossed.

My youngest who is 9 has decided he wants to live in a desert as he can't cope much longer with all this rain lol. 

Still looking good for a cold spell to come from Monday  /Tuesday Netweather GFS ImageShould be a bit drier  default_yahoo.gif

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Hello everyone.

The emotional rollercoaster that is our little principality's annual search for some snow is ready to board. Certainly looks much colder next week.

Fasten your seatbelts and get ready for the usual spells of euphoria and depression as the big computers throw out their data.  :drunk-emoji:

Posted

Even Derek Brockway is tweeting about a cold spell next week. Must be a good sign! 

Posted

People getting very optimistic for the cold to return on the model thread after last nights runs- frost on the car took me by suprize this morning - there's more rain to come but at last positive signs that we will get away from the depressing wet mush we've endured over the last few months and move into winter proper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

With the positive shift to colder conditions on the horizon i feel i can again rejoin the bosom of the Wales Regional forum. Lots of optimism in the models thread and the usually mild rampers seem to be unusually quite.

Posted

We're all going to see snow Jay... except for Cardiff, which will see endless sleet and hail. Everywhere north of Tongwynlais and Caerphilly Mountain will be blanketed in deep, powdery snow but as for Cardiff, zilch. :D

Nah, it's too early to say whether we'll all see snow next week.

One thing it's important to remember; I know it doesn't always seem like it but we're in a privileged position for snow in Wales, being able to benefit from battleground scenarios (to an amazing degree at times: 1963 and 82, for example), channel lows, Polar Maritime flows and direct Northerlies. Not many other places in the UK which can boast that. It's Easterlies that tend to leave us with little snow, but true Easterlies very rare anyway.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted
5 hours ago, Jackfrost said:

We're all going to see snow Jay... except for Cardiff, which will see endless sleet and hail. Everywhere north of Tongwynlais and Caerphilly Mountain will be blanketed in deep, powdery snow but as for Cardiff, zilch. :D

Nah, it's too early to say whether we'll all see snow next week.

One thing it's important to remember; I know it doesn't always seem like it but we're in a privileged position for snow in Wales, being able to benefit from battleground scenarios (to an amazing degree at times: 1963 and 82, for example), channel lows, Polar Maritime flows and direct Northerlies. Not many other places in the UK which can boast that. It's Easterlies that tend to leave us with little snow, but true Easterlies very rare anyway.

Very good gfs all the way out to day 10, get those sleighs out lol:yahoo::cold:warmest Dec a marvelous U turn Global Warming To global cooling dont you just love UK weather.Monday chart cold Netweather GFS ImageThursday chart streamers for Wales?Netweather GFS Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

Awaiting tonight's ECM with great anticipation! Where's Andy Music? Thought he would be all over this???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Ecm brings in the cold a day or so earlier than the ukmo in its early frames, a large swathe of the country under -9 uppers by Tuesday = snow and not just the marginal mush either. Only concern is the ground temps are still warm from Decembers heat wave so need them to cool rapidly for snow to stick around I feel. Looking forward to the thread going mad next week good luck all. I'm off back to the model thread to see how the ecm finishes 

Edited by Pembroke Dangler
They're talking about show stopper type synopsis and cobra runs in the model thread could be a December 2010 type scenario coming up........think il take that after the dros that we've had last 6 weeks

Posted

This cold spell could be epic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Massive caution still needed at this stage with this upcoming cold spell. Doesn't look dry to me, looks like windward coasts and northern most parts seeing showers of hail, sleet and snow and then deeper cold reaches us - still all to play for

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer
12 minutes ago, dragonfalls said:

It's on walesonline about possible cold is it building blocks for a bitter February .the express paper will jnx it 

Not sure about bitter February but they're on about bitter next week by like Tuesday. 

As long as the express leave it alone this could be a done deal I think 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Just now, dragonfalls said:

Can see netweather crashing later gone mad .lets get the cold first if the snow shows it will be a added bonus 

Very true , get the cold in place first, we will worry about snow chances later

Posted

looks like we're finally on for the cold - models pumping out all sorts of blizzard scenarios and options - here we go folks

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Dunno, there seems to be a bit of wobble happening from latest runs.  Seems to be snow North East south but meto has nary a snowflake. :(

Posted
13 minutes ago, worldairgroup said:

Hi everyone its that time again LOL. Hi andy, black, jay, pembroke, marcus and everyone else. Lets cross everything.

we're in the zone this time i think after about three false starts - let's at least hope this bloody rain goes away