Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm

Light dusting on the hills behind Cardiff this morning.

post-23215-0-61892200-1448092204_thumb.j

Edited by liamtellis

Posted

Light dusting on the hills behind Cardiff this morning.

Still looking good today and tonight for more of the white stuff lol even if the ground is still to warm B7PGrJYIYAMyfcI.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had some sleety ice rain last nigh. Very windy thismorning and feeling cold at 5.2c

Posted

looks like a dangler is setting up shop over west wales - not likely to be too wintry as it's daytime and the sun is warming things now but tonight could be interesting

Posted

Heavy wintry showers- rain/sleet/hail- between Tenby and Pembroke Dock this morning. Temp hovering around 3/4c. I'm sure there'll be a covering up the Preselis.

Feeling seasonal at last!

Posted

Heavy wintry showers- rain/sleet/hail- between Tenby and Pembroke Dock this morning. Temp hovering around 3/4c. I'm sure there'll be a covering up the Preselis.

Feeling seasonal at last!

oh this is just the entres/starters - i truly believe this winter will be brutal - mark my words

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Snowline receding up the mountains now.

post-1596-0-82881400-1448110639_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very windy last night yet again with cold rain showers. Today has been mostly dry with some sunshine, winds still blowing at 25-30mph from the northwest, with the pembrokeshire dangler giving some occasional wintry showers to west wales. It's currently 5.2C with a low of 1.2C

Posted

A nice bit of snow/hail in the mix, with even a temporary covering here. A dusting over the Preselis. Pretty windy and a significant windchill. 

The dangler is nothing more than big clouds now, will it return?

Posted

A nice bit of snow/hail in the mix, with even a temporary covering here. A dusting over the Preselis. Pretty windy and a significant windchill. 

The dangler is nothing more than big clouds now, will it return?

More showers are suppose to  come later radar watching is called for.

Posted

Had a nice snowfall last night,large flakes which gave a covering on grass and cars,clouding over now so fingers crossed for this evening :)

Posted

Nice looking chart for Saturday pressure building from the N east Game on then on to Sunday nice N N west flow   h500slp.pngh500slp.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

some very mixed messages in the mod thread today,some negative posts regarding any cold spell but its only been 1 day of "mild" predictions.hopefully tomorrow will be an improvement

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

ahh 4 days of weather warnings for wales.....first for wind then for rain..oh the joys!

• Like 2

Posted

ahh 4 days of weather warnings for wales.....first for wind then for rain..oh the joys!YES

Oh the joy of the approaching LIA violent swings of the jet stream causing very interesting weather over Wales and the UK. interesting article as the storm hits UK https://t.co/53Tv6u0aHV

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Oh the joy of the approaching LIA violent swings of the jet stream causing very interesting weather over Wales and the UK. interesting article as the storm hits UK https://t.co/53Tv6u0aHV

indeed Keith a very interesting read...i do wonder what mother nature has in store for us this winter. I think we should hold on to our hats as it could turn out to be quite a ride!

Posted

indeed Keith a very interesting read...i do wonder what mother nature has in store for us this winter. I think we should hold on to our hats as it could turn out to be quite a ride!Nothing bo

Nothing boring about UK weather ,who would want to live in Australia lol 30 to :wallbash: 40 c and blue skies!

• Like 1

Posted

is anybody going to have a little flutter on a white Christmas this year then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

What a very active last 30 minutes here we have seen very damaging winds and torrential downpours and squalls with winds gusting at least 60mph!

Posted

nearly 70mph generally it's nasty out there - my advice - DON'T GO OUTSIDE - unless you want a tree permanently on your head lol - and yes winter will be majorly freezing and severe - mark my words - scotland had a big up blizzard today - temps drop a tad more and we are ALL GONNA COP IT SHORTLY

• Like 1

Posted

What a very active last 30 minutes here we have seen very damaging winds and torrential downpours and squalls with winds gusting at least 60mph!

Agree that squall about half and hour ago was unbelievable. Well not quite unbelievable (it is Swansea after all), but interesting! 

• Like 1

Posted

way out in Fi territory - next pos snow date looks like it could potentially be around mid-month - 14th December - looking pretty severe for the whole of the UK if it comes off - but long way to go yet in metreological terms

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

I can handle the wind and gales, fog and frost don't bother me, bring on the cold and snow, but when is this relentless RAIN going to stop? I don't think we have had one completely dry day here for three weeks now and I could really do with one sunny day to dry things out a bit. Anyone care to predict when we can hope for a change to something a little drier? (Please don't say March.....).