Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a high of 27C yesterday, currently 23.5C here, not really expecting to get hit by any storms here though as the usual shield will be up haha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

It hit 28.2c in Cardiff yesterday and hit 27.5c today. It's way too hot for a cold lover like me. I was hoping we would benefit from some storms, no luck as yet. A few spots of rain, but barely enough to wet the ground.

Posted

Thunder and heavy rain here now!

Pete

• Like 1

Posted

A much much cooler day today. Some rain, but no storms for me.

Posted

i've never quite got why people love storms unless its to clear a particularly long hot spell.

in the summer why do people crave storms which limit any outdoor activity?

Posted

For me, storms are the best part of Summer. I'm not a fan of sun and warmth, give me rain anyday and if it has added bangs and pretty lights then all the better. :)

Posted

i've never quite got why people love storms unless its to clear a particularly long hot spell.

in the summer why do people crave storms which limit any outdoor activity?

Because they are exciting and can be dangerous must be the thrill of it all,and magnificent clouds.

Don`t play golf lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

There was lightning around the caernarfon area about 45 mins ago. Hopefully there's more to follow

Posted

Hi everyone

I have asked this same question for a number of years now so here goes again.  I am on holiday in South Pembrokeshire the last week of July and first week of August so this is steadily creeping into the reliable weather forecasting frame.  Do any of you, with far more forecasting knowledge than me, want to suggest/predict/say what the chances are of dry sunny weather?  The latest extended 30 Met Office forecast says 'a good deal of fine, dry weather looks likely towards the end of the month, particularly across southern parts, where often it may feel quite warm.'  By 'southern parts' do they mean South Pembrokeshire?

Thanks very much in advance to anyone who wants to give this forecast a go! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

another thundery spell across parts of the UK that doesn't affect most of Wales again, can see why the Wales thread is so quiet, starting to look like 2015 will be the year that we miss out on most weather events.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

It's quiet in here today.  I though quite a few people would have posted about the dire conditions across South Wales at the moment.  It's like the middle of November in Cardiff at the moment.  Cold, wet and windy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Temperatures are shockingly low for late July. Just 10c at Lake Vyrnwy for example.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

its been a grim day today.....thoughts for winter 2015/16 anyone?℠⛄ lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

its been a grim day today.....thoughts for winter 2015/16 anyone?℠⛄ lol

1000ft snow drifts and the coldest winter recorded of all time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

1000ft snow drifts and the coldest winter recorded of all time.

I would have said 999ft myself. Looking for 1000ft snow drifts is just greedy â„ lol

Posted

A cloudy morning, with little wind and remaing dry. During the afternoon the cloud broke up giving good sunny spells, and by early evening there was little cloud.

Max Temp 21.4C

Min Temp 13.8C

Wind Gust 11.5MPH NNE

Wind average 5.8MPH NW

Barometer 1011mb Rising

Posted

Summer has come and is now leaving us and i get excited around this time waiting to see what autumn/winter brings us. I've been getting in the mood the last few days by looking at 2010 winter  video's on Youtube.   Can we get another one of those winters or the drab one's of late. Come on winter god's give us a good one. :clapping:   

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Summer has come and is now leaving us and i get excited around this time waiting to see what autumn/winter brings us. I've been getting in the mood the last few days by looking at 2010 winter  video's on Youtube.   Can we get another one of those winters or the drab one's of late. Come on winter god's give us a good one. :clapping:   

I hate to say it but I think everything points to a mild, wet and windy winter