Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

That area of snow coming from the east currently ovr the midlands is starting to veer south, i doubt it will get to se wales .

Posted

Yep, definitely seems to be moving more south than west, SSW at best. It may graze Gloucester but can't see it getting over the border. :( So close yet so far yet again!

Posted

Does anyone know if I am likely to see snow this evening ?

You're not too far from me (just outside Cross Hands), and sadly I'd say probably not.  Looking at the current radar, any precipitation is confined to the far SW (Pembs).  Current models suggest this will remain the case overnight, possibly heading further west if anything.  Happy to be wrong though!

e.g. Euro4 for midnight:

15020300_0212.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Yes, get ready it'll eventually make it to us hopefully.

looks like its moving too much south, rather than west as Rhys says above. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/rainfall-radar#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1422866700&zoom=7&lon=-3.33&lat=52.63

Posted

Yes, doesn't look like it'll get to Wales - Met Office have it heading due south and ending up in Hampshire around 6am.  If there are any westward corrections I'd doubt very much it would cross this far east but maybe those on the border would see a few flakes.

Posted

Yes, doesn't look like it'll get to Wales - Met Office have it heading due south and ending up in Hampshire around 6am.  If there are any westward corrections I'd doubt very much it would cross this far east but maybe those on the border would see a few flakes.

Grrr! Knew it was too good to be true lol.

Posted

Thanks everyone for the answers, got quite a heavy frost already so dreading the early morning start :(

Posted

I nearly fainted when i saw this for next week :rofl:uksnowrisk.png

Unfortunately not the first time either,it's just a cruel plot to get our hopes up yet again, how cruel can they be

Posted

I nearly fainted when i saw this for next week :rofl:uksnowrisk.png

Unfortunately not the first time either,it's just a cruel plot to get our hopes up yet again, how cruel can they be

I know this is as far into FI as you can get and posted for fun, but the GFS 18z does on a very broad level at least mirror the thoughts of some of the experts on here and also the Met O - current northerly leads to UK high, this sticks around for a while before slowly sinking and allowing the jet to ride over the top sending depressions to our north which then take a dive SE bringing a further, possibly potent northerly.  Of course a lot could change by then - but I'm not writing off February just yet! :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

My accuweather app is showing snow early hours for Cardiff. Although unlikely, I'm hoping that band manages to at least graze us and drop some white gold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Meanwhile, in upstate New York.......

http://firstwebcam.com/rochester/live-webcams-park-avenue

Edited by snefnug

Posted

no snow for us this winter. looks like we need to move further north if you want snow guys, me im moving to spain for sun, or if I can afford maybe Canada as they have nice summer and crisp cold snowy winters ha ha.

Posted

If you think that's bad I'm sat here looking out of the window at snow capped hills that are les than two miles away but between them and me it's green and green all around me,now that's frustrating .

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Low of -7.1c this morning, third coldest of Winter (-8.4c 29 Dec). Lovely hoar frost :)

Looks like a very dry first half of February with high pressure over us next week and a bit different to this time last year!

287mm here Feb 2014.

Posted

It ain't over yet - Punxsutawney Phil, the world’s most beloved and furry seasonal prognosticator, saw his shadow on Monday morning (despite overcast skies), portending six more weeks of winter.

what a beautiful full moon out tonight - wow!

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted

Low of -7.1c this morning, third coldest of Winter (-8.4c 29 Dec). Lovely hoar frost :)

Looks like a very dry first half of February with high pressure over us next week and a bit different to this time last year!

287mm here Feb 2014.

There was also a ferocious feb storm last year (copy and paste couldn`t spell the word lol).

Posted

It is quiet in here today! Hint of something potentially bringing showers in from the east on Thursday but that's clutching at straws. Looking dry for the next week or so, temperatures gradually returning to normal, maybe spells of cooler conditions the further south you are. Certainly pretty stale, but at least not the washout last year was! After that, my guess by laws of averages is a return to zonal conditions! Could be totally wrong there though.

From an IMBY perspective, 3/10 for this winter- it's always been so close but so far. Quite a few "modern cold" spells which have been a couple of degrees below average, but each one being either marginal for snow or too dry. Really frustrating given the lack of snow over the past couple of years, but at least it's not been the blowtorch W/ SW'erlies that we endured for nearly a year.

Being a fan of what I feel is more 'interesting' weather (snow, thunderstorms, wind, extreme cold/ warmth) I'll probably be taking a backseat for the rest of the winter I think! Maybe next year will be our year!