Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

I guess the snow we were meant to have mon/Tuesday isn't happening then :(

There is a front pushing down from the north with outbreaks of sleet/snow .but its moving into HP pressure in the west ,weakening as it comes south ,worth keeping an eye on come Tuesday..

• Like 1

Posted

Think I will say what everyone else is saying/thinking,roll on spring fed up of the disappointment,it's not all about the chase,sometimes it's about winning and we've had none of that!

Posted

Much chillier here tonight now the wind has dropped. Dew point down to -2°C also.

Earlier showers have all been if snow, just not potent enough.

High pressure this week will chill things down nicely, a good set up for whatever comes next.

Posted

well after the crazy ice on roads this am, today turned into a fab day, sun but chilly. looks like from watching the weather reports on tv earlier this week going to be sunny but chilly, that do me nice at least we can do a few jobs outside this week, rain and wind spoil everything. as for snow not looking good until a least Friday unless things change, showed up to thurs and looks like a nice week, I want spring and summer or maybe miss spring and straight into 7 months of summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

Snow showers blowing through here. Not settling though

My brother in holyhead said there was a blizzard there earlier

Posted

My brother in holyhead said there was a blizzard there earlier

Yes mate I noticed when I took my kids home earlier. Had a few hail/snow showers since but not settling at all. Temp 2°c at the moment

Posted

Some shower activity across the west this evening. Has been falling as snow here.

post-7982-0-12056200-1422825262_thumb.jp

Posted

Some shower activity across the west this evening. Has been falling as snow here.

And a bloody pain that they're weakening/dying before they reach my back yard. Agh well

Posted

Very cold tonight. Currently -2.5c and falling about 1c an hour. Weather station says it feels like -8c. Shame there is no precipitation about. It would definitely fall as snow. Cold crisp sunny days are second best to snow filled days in winter (imo) and there looks to be plenty of days like that this next week. It's nearly 5c colder tonight than at the same time last night. 

Edited by Rich0594
  • Like 1

Posted

Well I thought 0 degrees Celsius was the new 0 degrees kelvin - in that it could go no lower ( the winter being of modern variety and all that )

But this cold spell although shambolic for any snow ( imby anyway ) may actually freeze some water !

Frozen back garden pond water - surely that merits a met office Amber warning or red alert for pond skaters ?

Edited by Seasonal weather required
  • Like 2

Posted

Cawodydd eira trwm fama, disgyn yn tew hefyd. Llawr yn digon oer i fo aros, bob man yn wyn. Neis iawn, ysfa fynd am dro.

Heavy snow showers with massive flakes here, on and off but it is settling and everywhere is white. Very nice, urge to go on a walk in the next heavy shower. First decent covering of the year, been too far west. 

Edited by andy989
  • Like 4

Posted

Finally something to report... graupel turned proper snow shower leaving a dusting here. Better than nothing! No problem settling on frozen surfaces.

Air 0.3c 

DP -2.1c

Edited by swales
  • Like 3

Posted

Been snowing on and off for the last five hours here although not accumulated to much..

Posted

Cawodydd eira trwm fama, disgyn yn tew hefyd. Llawr yn digon oer i fo aros, bob man yn wyn. Neis iawn, ysfa fynd am dro.

Heavy snow showers with massive flakes here, on and off but it is settling and everywhere is white. Very nice, urge to go on a walk in the next heavy shower. First decent covering of the year, been too far west.

Eira wedi disgyn Yn caernarfon hefyd. Ddim Yn ddrwg ar lonydd..

Snow has fallen in caernarfon too. Not sticking to the roads.

Just got back from being away; Very cold out, patchy cloud and temps -1c,and pretty much below freezing all the way from Berkshire. [where was lying snow on Saturday morning which had mostly thawed by the time we got there]

Good to see that there was some falling snow back here,  however it still seems that settling snow remains extremely elusive, and bluntly after this setup, this is a little bit frustrating and disappointing.

At least for once the ground is frosty, which means it will stay dry

Edited by J10

Posted

Minus 3 here this morning,nothing fallen overnight,a lovely frost,think that's as near to the white stuff I'm gonna get!

Posted

Some reports of a couple.of inches of snow in some areas in nw wales this morning. Wasn't expecting much at all to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorm

Although I'm in Cardiff - nice to see reports of heavy snow in Deiniolen/Llanberis area. Nice streamer developing to the North as well,

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Thin covering here