Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

GFS 18z shows a feature running down through Wales at 60h.

There would be precipitation but what kind?

gfs-0-60.png?18

snow but the precipitation is too far west on that run to affect the majority of wales

Posted

I am sad to say I am disappointed by this coolish spell...All this hype on the mod thread, I was doubtful. ..but then the metoffice.gov.uk gave us yellow warning after yellow warning and my hopes were raised ...I am 250m up near the edge of the Brecons and thought i must see at least something worthwile... just popped outside and it's actually pretty warm out there...from this I take not to believe anything I hear from the mod thread nor from the met any more...no doubt I will continue to lurk however...going forward i will just see what is happening when I open the curtains every morning and plan my day ahead from there...2 years with no snow to shout about...guess my little girl may never see a snowflake in years to come, the way our winters are going except through photos and me sticking her hand into the freezer for effect.

Edited by Gee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Windy with a few hail showers here but nothing major, but the wind feels bitter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Nothing much since the last snow/hail shower! Parents back home in Tondu, Bridgend said they had a snow shower and have a dusting on the ground!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Snow shoes still waiting by the door,hope I will get to use them :(

I bought ice grippers to wear over my boots. I knew I would jinx myself if I did.

Posted

there is a covering in Nantymoel and wife text me in work to ask whats it like down there in pencoed and nothing, sleet cold rain. but looks like from pics I seen cwm where I live is has a tidy covering and people saying on facebook it was quite heavy stuff, but I am in work so didn't see it ha ha.

Posted

Snowing here not settling

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Woke up, peeped out the window and we have new covering of snow. :)

Edited by snefnug

Posted

Awoke and dashed to open the curtains full of expectation.

All green all around.

It's above freezing also .

Met office hand out warnings like the amount of rain you get in a modern cold spell.

*Chief forecaster* adds his/ her comments to give gravitas to the warning .

What would happen were a real blizzard to occur here ?

The met office warning matrix would not suffice given the sliding scale they work on.

yellow warning my bottom - green grass outside = green warning / non warning

A warning isn't needed really for one bashed up potential snow flake.

Dumbed down

Edited by Seasonal weather required
  • Like 1

Posted

Snowing here not settling

Ditto Marcus a lol, last night showers far heavier ,a weather wind up., a bit of a streamer forming.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

Hi all havnt posted for about two years which says it all really. Been very dissapointed with the lack of snow my eyes have been strained looking for flakes by the lampost then thinking the drips are flakes!. Agree with most that all warnings this winter have not been needed with utmost respect to the met but its not good enough they would be in meltdown if we actually did have snow! rant over :)

Posted

Well hate to say it but my prediction before this "cold spell" started was right. We've not had really cold weather at all, just days of below average temperatures not sufficient for snow cover unless you live on high ground. I can't see anything decent happening through the remainder of this winter, hopefully we have a hot summer.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Well I was out in that so called "raging northerly" all night last night and to call this a cold spell is beyond me..... It didn't even feel cold, it had a chill to it but that was it and I've been out in a lot colder conditions, I've even felt colder in westerly winds. I experienced all sorts on the way to st David's, rain hail sleet and snow but more sleet than anything and a raging northerly would b all snow not mixed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Well hate to say it but my prediction before this "cold spell" started was right. We've not had really cold weather at all, just days of below average temperatures not sufficient for snow cover unless you live on high ground. I can't see anything decent happening

through the remainder of this

winter, hopefully we have a hot

summer.

That's the biggest issue tho!! The temps haven't been below average in the days, we've

experienced 6-8c on 90% of the days which is above the 4.6c average for January. The coldest temperature I've seen is -5.6 this winter which isn't uncommon if u get a few clear nights which is something else we haven't had.

Edited by freeze for all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

So what was the point of that warning then? It didn't snow...and there is no ice either...just wet.

This "screaming northerly" is turning out to be a load of hyped up hot air in truth. Just about more irritating than the met office throwing yellow warnings around like so much confetti at a wedding...and not one has been worthy of being issued.

For a "cold" spell it hasn't half rained/sleeted a lot away from elevation, also it is distinctly noticeable that if you are out of the wind and have a bit of sunshine it dare I say it feels reasonable.

Big freeze? Don't make me laugh.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning...anyone know how's the beacons looking....thinking of dragging me kids round on their sleigh...is there any covering at storey arms etc?? ta

ps had quite a few snow showers last night..... none on the ground now though

Posted

gfs 6z either gone off it's rocker today - or we are in for possibly the mother of all easterlies - with potential for massive snows from the atlantic - stay tuned - it's only feb after all

Morning...anyone know how's the beacons looking....thinking of dragging me kids round on their sleigh...is there any covering at storey arms etc?? ta

ps had quite a few snow showers last night..... none on the ground now though

last person that went through yesterday reported plenty of snow up there I think - i think it's worth a look

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted

Any end in sight of this awful cold spell? Looks dry now for rest of the week

• Like 1

Posted

gfs 6z either gone off it's rocker today - or we are in for possibly the mother of all easterlies - with potential for massive snows from the atlantic - stay tuned - it's only feb after all

It's almost certainly not going to happen, Andy.

It feels vaguely Spring-like today. Let's pray for an early start to the real Spring to put this wretched Winter out of its misery.

• Like 4