Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

It's all gone very dreary now hasn't it. I thought we were in for a sustained prolonged cold spell.

Never mind, it's only the weather.

Where's Andy when you need him?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

I feel sorry for snow shovel manufacturers....they must have really struggled over the last 2 winters to make a profit lol

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I hope Andy is up there with the snow Gods helping to create some snow! :)

Posted

Really hoping Sunday and into Monday brings us all who have had nothing, at least one decent snowfall. We all deserve it after the last 2 years! Its been a long haul again this Winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

To many rampers again saying it was going to b a fantastic cold spell and snowmaggedon!!!!!! I just read wot the met office have to say and also Ian fergusson, and when they ramp that's when u know your in for a cold spell. Until then keep your feet firmly on the ground

• Like 3

Posted

All we're asking for is 'cold enough for snow'. :cold:

Can't be that difficult... is the sea warmer?

Posted

Well the met office have another warning for us for Sunday into Monday as has been mentioned - but personally not holding out much hope again at this time - expecting some showers of snow, which will melt shortly later...anything more will be a bonus. Another let down of a winter overall - though marginally better than last years. (Though that is not difficult to beat - assuming its cold, ice and snow you are after).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Wow, Snow!

Posted

All we're asking for is 'cold enough for snow'. :cold:

Can't be that difficult... is the sea warmer?

Yes to that the sea is warming from underneath.

2.4c now that cloud has gone now to get temps to drop and not melt all the snow.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

I hope Andy is up there with the snow Gods helping to create some snow! :)

always was gonna be warmer today - and turns out we haven't missed much with limited precip about - colder air about to come in from now onwards - let's see what happens over the weekend and into next week - god it's like bipolar weather geeks anonymous in here - go with the flow the snow won't be far away I'm sure

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 4

Posted

- go with the flow the snow won't be far away I'm sure

It's not far away Andy - just happens to be mostly over the border and Northwards slightly  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I think the hunt for snow sends the lot of us demented. It's such a rollercoaster. Excitement, disappointment, excitement again. It can be so frustrating at times. Unfortunately we can't control the weather and it will do what the hell it likes, but we can hope and hope we do. :)

• Like 1

Posted

I think the hunt for snow sends the lot of us demented. It's such a rollercoaster. Excitement, disappointment, excitement again. It can be so frustrating at times. Unfortunately we can't control the weather and it will do what the hell it likes, but we can hope and hope we do. :)

Snow for down south was never on until the colder air filtered further south which will be this weekend,  On this forum 90%of people are on here hunting for snow ,rest of the year  me and a few others talk on the other threads ,.we had some snow which is a lot more than last year .the last few days we have been very unlucky just missing out by a couple of centigrade,thats what you get living in southern UK

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

As these Northerlys are low pressure areas at the moment it's important that we keep an eye on any little sneaky lows (they are very sneaky!) they may increase shower activity :) - just keep an eye out over the w/e ;) 

• Like 1

Last night was always progged to be during the mildest part of the spell, with the mildest uppers and as such nothing really was expected.

Already another mix of showers here today from rain to hail sleet and snow.

To me the main interest has always been from the NNW flow. the cleaner the better.

• Like 1

Snow for down south was never on until the colder air filtered further south which will be this weekend,  On this forum 90%of people are on here hunting for snow ,rest of the year  me and a few others talk on the other threads ,.we had some snow which is a lot more than last year .the last few days we have been very unlucky just missing out by a couple of centigrade,thats what you get living in southern UK

So far 7 days of falling snow so far this winter, far better than lat year, however only 1 day of snow at 9am, and that was a dusting. would be nice to have a proper covering, not had one in over 2 years now!!!.

• Like 2

Posted

How confident is everybody for this coming Sunday night into Monday for the snow starved South?

Posted

How confident is everybody for this coming Sunday night into Monday for the snow starved South?

Wait and see, the dividing line for rain-snow can be VERY thin in these setups

Posted

Warmed up to 3.2C earlier today and a big thaw has occurred.

Down to 0.6C now and heavy snow being blown around in a very strong WNW wind

Edited by Hywel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Not confident at all. Bet a pound to a penny we will start to hear words in association with this possible event such as "marginal"

If that happens we might as well pack up and go home on this frankly disappointing spell.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Looks like winds will veer more NNW through Saturday AM, allowing for more organised precipitation over W/SW Wales (Streamer). However when looking at upper 850hpa temperatures they vary from -6 to -4C and dew points 0- 1C (Looking at EURO 4).

Looks marginal for snow away from about 200m with costal areas seeing rain/sleet/hail, its not to rule out in much heavier bursts the snow will work its way down to low levels for a time but nothing of any substance I don't think.

Heres the Met Office forecast for Wales:

"This Evening and Tonight:

Isolated wintry showers this evening, but then a more defined line of showers travelling south across country from around midnight. This clearing before dawn, then icy stretches developing. Some showers lingering. Becoming very windy, gales likely at coasts. Feeling cold. Minimum Temperature -2 Â°C.

Saturday:

Cold and mostly dry with sunny spells, but some showers lingering across southwest Wales. Wintry showers becoming more frequent from evening. Winds increasing, with gales along coasts. Maximum Temperature 6 Â°C.

Updated: 1524 on Fri 30 Jan 2015"

Posted

Worth looking at the SWest thread to see the possible snow Tuesday.

Yep SE Wales and west country by looks. I bet it doesn't happen though like everything else this winter.

Edited by Jayfromcardiff

Posted

Looks like winds will veer more NNW through Saturday AM, allowing for more organised precipitation over W/SW Wales (Streamer). However when looking at upper 850hpa temperatures they vary from -6 to -4C and dew points 0- 1C (Looking at EURO 4).

Looks marginal for snow away from about 200m with costal areas seeing rain/sleet/hail, its not to rule out in much heavier bursts the snow will work its way down to low levels for a time but nothing of any substance I don't think.

Heres the Met Office forecast for Wales:

"This Evening and Tonight:

Isolated wintry showers this evening, but then a more defined line of showers travelling south across country from around midnight. This clearing before dawn, then icy stretches developing. Some showers lingering. Becoming very windy, gales likely at coasts. Feeling cold. Minimum Temperature -2 Â°C.

Saturday:

Cold and mostly dry with sunny spells, but some showers lingering across southwest Wales. Wintry showers becoming more frequent from evening. Winds increasing, with gales along coasts. Maximum Temperature 6 Â°C.

Updated: 1524 on Fri 30 Jan 2015"

Sound promising see developments comes  quick in a unstable airflow after dark interesting .Heavier showers the better driving dewpoints down better chance for snow.Nice to  see colder air digging in and showers turning back to snow over N ireland.

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1