Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

snow rain and sleet shower just passed through, previous shower was sleet and hail shower! 

Netweather lightning detecting picking up strikes in SW Wales! 

Showers developing in the Irish sea heading straight for Wales

Twitter friend reports TL loud St Clears recently.

• Like 1

Posted

May'be a little odd, but the thunderstorm in SW Wales has developed a hook!

~ Will be interested to know if there were any gusty winds or a mini tornado around Narberth & Whitland

Edited by ancientsolar
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Lots of showers starting to build up now, just hope its cold enough, will be for some. See the organised streamer across Ireland at the moment thats moving south eastwards. I JUST WANT TO SEE A SNOW FLAKE

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 1

Posted

May'be a little odd, but the thunderstorm in SW Wales has developed a hook!

~ Will be interested to know if there were any gusty winds or a mini tornado around Narberth & Whitland

Look a normal shower line to me.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Lots of showers starting to build up now, just hope its cold enough, will be for some. See the organised streamer across Ireland at the moment thats moving south eastwards. I JUST WANT TO SEE A SNOW FLAKE

Seen quite a bit of wet snow today ,you could be in the perfect location   Saturday / Sunday with the snow showers.

Posted

Heavy wet snow  falling in  north Swansea as well Scarlet.Blizzard like conditions LOL

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

Seen quite a bit of wet snow today ,you could be in the perfect location   Saturday / Sunday with the snow showers.

im in Cardiff. If i was home in Pembrokeshire, id be excited for sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Also looking good for tonight across much of Wales before slightly milder air comes in on Friday.

Posted

im in Cardiff. If i was home in Pembrokeshire, id be excited for sunday.

Haven"t got Netweather extra i wonder if than large  area across central Ireland is producing snow?I know local council is worried about the the snow/sleet hitting Wales after midnight especially for higher ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Rain showers in Cardiff - correction - it's just turned to sleet.

Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have had a snooze. I probably missed my only chance of seeing a flake falling this year. :D

Posted

Haven"t got Netweather extra i wonder if than large  area across central Ireland is producing snow?I know local council is worried about the the snow/sleet hitting Wales after midnight especially for higher ground.

its sleet with snow higher ground according to radar (but this is usually just determined by the models rather than observations) A more northerly component to the showers by minute, looks like a big one on way to me in Cardiff, a north/NW wind is much better because its coming from the cold land above rather than coming off the sea so we will see if this shower is more wintry. 

Posted

Damn it! I knew I shouldn't have had a snooze. I probably missed my only chance of seeing a flake falling this year. :D

Big snow shower will reach Cardiff pretty soon,

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 1

Posted

its sleet with snow higher ground according to radar (but this is usually just determined by the models rather than observations) A more northerly component to the showers by minute, looks like a big one on way to me in Cardiff, a north/NW wind is much better because its coming from the cold land above rather than coming off the sea so we will see if this shower is more wintry. 

No rain in the shower eased off still a few snow flakes blowing in the wind.The warm sector has turned the snow back to rain in Belfast so lets enjoy the next few hours.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Big snow shower well reach Cardiff pretty soon,

I hope so! The skies are darkening.

It just goes to show how quickly everything can change with the weather. Yesterday they thought there'd be less PPN today and snow was unlikely for most. While the cold is in we're all in with a chance at some point over the coming days. :)

Posted

No rain in the shower eased off still a few snow flakes blowing in the wind.

good to hear, hopefully snow here when it arrives. Hope we get a few more good showers before less cold air arrives later tonight.

Posted

blizzard conditions up here - these showers are awesome

and things are turning white - freezing level dropping

Edited by andymusic
  • Like 2

Posted

Has the fact that all of Wales (and even Southwest England) have been issued snow warnings for Sunday and Monday been mentioned in here?

I quote: "Periods of enhanced snowfall are possible within this general flow, with parts of Wales, the Midlands and southwest England at greater risk on Monday"

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 2

Posted

it is still rain here haha, can you believe it, so annoying, hope the temperature continues to drop.

Posted

Here comes the ............................ rain! :rofl:

Fingers crossed for a few flakes.

Posted

Huge showers showing up now on radar, colder air still filtering south. Flakes in the rain now in the heavier stuff in the snow shield cardiff.