Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

merthyr/heads of the valleys seems to have had a few cms - only day one into this current cold spell - patience grass hoppers lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Ooh, snowing nicely, albeit not heavy sticky stuff, but still snow :) :)

Yay". Heavy sticky stuff! happy Dance time,

Edited by snefnug

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

I don't see the missed opportunity or the let down this morning. There was never much precipitation forecast especially for the south and not enough cold air in the end before the less cold air moves in for tomorrow. The weekend sees the start of the coldest air of the winter and If by the end of next week you still haven't seen snow, maybe then we can all be disappointed.

• Like 2

Posted

Buzz off you've had yours already. Let the rest of us get in on it.

I would imagine theres a fair bit on the hills west of Wrexham. I caught a glimpse of Llandegal and Horseshoe Pass area earlier and it was white. Even Hope Mountain was white! Take a trip to the higher ground if you want to see snow.

Hopefully when then cold fully digs in lower elevations will see snow too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I would imagine theres a fair bit on the hills west of Wrexham. I caught a glimpse of Llandegal and Horseshoe Pass area earlier and it was white. Even Hope Mountain was white! Take a trip to the higher ground if you want to see snow.

Hopefully when then cold fully digs in lower elevations will see snow too.

Yet 50 miles away at Manchester Airport (not exactly renowned for being elevated), they're suspending landing and take offs while they clear snow from the runway!!! Just adds to the frustration! Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Had to turn around trying to go from Crickhowell over to Garnlydan. Going up Black Rock was exciting but as soon as i got West of Highest Point it all faded away.

Doubt there will be much to lower levels today. Merthyr is just wet at the moment, but Dowlais Top has a covering. 

• Like 1

Posted

Just wet snow here and sunshine but something more organised looks like it's heading this way .

I could see plenty of snow on the berwyns this morning but now I can't see them and as I'm typing the sleet is changing to big white flakes .

Posted

Any got a tumbleweed picture we can use for this thread?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!
Posted

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Powys & Merthyr Tydfil valid from 1500 Thu 29 Jan to 1100 Fri 30 Jan

these two warnings came together - meto computer in a flap

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea & Wrexham valid from 1030 Thu 29 Jan to 1100 Fri 30 Jan
Edited by andymusic
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A few sleety showers 4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had some icy rain here but nothing else, however looks like plenty of showers still to come!

Posted

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Cardiff, Vale of Glamorgan, Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire, Newport, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Torfaen, Powys & Merthyr Tydfil valid from 1500 Thu 29 Jan to 1100 Fri 30 Jan

these two warnings came together - meto computer in a flap

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales

Yellow Warning of Snow and Ice for Wales : Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Merthyr Tydfil, Neath Port Talbot, Powys, Rhonnda Cynon Taff, Swansea & Wrexham valid from 1030 Thu 29 Jan to 1100 Fri 30 Jan

Pfft! Believe it when I see it!

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

Posted

Pfft! Believe it when I see it!

It was never going to be an epic and some areas have seen settling snow, albeit not at such low levels as many of the charts earlier in the week suggested.

• Like 1

Posted

Whiteout conditions at the moment!

The Ogwen Mountain Rescue webcams make for some interesting viewing!

A55 down to one lane through Caerwys and Pentre Halkyn.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and very cold.

Hammering down right now!

Pete

raining here.....yet another rubbish 'cold spell'

Posted

It was always going to be somewhat marginal.

Posted

It was never going to be an epic and some areas have seen settling snow, albeit not at such low levels as many of the charts earlier in the week suggested.

Chester sodding zoo has even got lying snow and that's a lower level than here! What have we got? Green green (wet) grass and sleety rain! Sod it off...it can get to soddery!

Give us some sunshine...better than this lousy cold grot.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

It was always going to be somewhat marginal.

Agreed. I'm unsure where most are getting their weather forecasts from as MetO and BBC have been pretty good at calling things this winter. So i'm unsure why people are disappointed when there was never anything really significant touted in the first place. 

With the MetO updating their warnings and the cold only just getting started there's still bags of potential left. 

As Public Enemy said "Don't.....don't don't don't......don't believe the hype" -------------> Mod boards

It ain't winter 13/14 and it ain't going to be 'mild' over the next week, so sit back an chill. 

Edited by Blackjack
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Over the border in Ingurland (Wirral to be precise), it's snowing but not settling.. I will have to go out and take some photo of the hills when it clears, as everywhere from Shotton, Holywell, down to maybe Gwespyr is snow covered.. even snowing in Anglesey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Hasn't even properly started yet. Less cold tomorrow before Saturday into Sunday and into next week is the coldest air of the winter and the best chance of snow. If come the end of next week and you still haven't seen snow, then I'll agree with you.

Could be a decent snow event Tuesday for wales but we'll have to wait and see. Last night, today and tomorrow was always too marginal. Miss the days of 2010 when everything on the radar picture was snow, even in the sea

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 3