Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

well if it snows here in west carms, it'll surely snow with you, if there's PPN!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Latest high resolution euro 4 output for Thirsday midday.

post-16336-0-40540300-1422401160_thumb.j

Posted

Latest high resolution euro 4 output for Thirsday midday.

It's a bit too blue, Brady!

Posted

It's a bit too blue, Brady!

ye the light blue never shows pink anyway but not as much precipitation as we would like but these are only 6 hourly snapshots so hard to tell. I'm sure there will be enough showers Thursday to keep us busy radar watching. Still think more threat is weekend and next week but hopefully we see a few decent showers into Thursday.

Edited by bradythemole
  • Like 1

Posted

Is it likely to be cold enough at sea level? or is it going to be marginal for us on the coast?

Yes but depending on where you are, when you are. But for this thursday, winds are from the north west and the air isn't cold enough so in aber, the wind will be coming straight off the relatively warm irish sea. Likely to mean showers not turning to snow quick enough to fall right on the coast but inland. W

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

A question for someone who knows a lot regarding meteorological.. If the wind blows over Anglesey in a direction of nw quarter will thus mean.that areas like caernarfon to the south east will.actually count as inland as the space between us and the sea would then.be about 20 miles..

Posted

Can I just say to people stop taking these precipitation charts literally, especially in a set up like this. They are good as a guide but will not be accurate in a showery set up at 6 hours let alone 36 hours. They are better for frontal snow but only then at about 24 hours out and still not completely accurate with intensity/depths.

Don't be disappointed if there is a big pink blob over your house and you don't get a flake of snow at a specific time and likewise don't be downbeat if there is blue over you or it is clear.

Posted

But surely he would not let personal preferences affect his forecasting judgement?

I very much doubt it, but he is a rain and sun fan.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

All very happy in the mod thread this morning.some lovely charts on offer already.cant wait to see the next weeks weather unfold.and thank you to you guys in here,I learn a lot from you â„⛄

Posted

Don't expect much snow unless you live in northern England, Ireland or Scotland according to this mornings bbc forecast.

think if you lived in those places jay you would rapidly realise your in the wrong regional thread LOL

Posted

think if you lived in those places jay you would rapidly realise your in the wrong regional thread LOL

Lol I know mate, this is why I tend to ignore them charts showing snow for us. If there was going to be any sort of disruption in regards to snow then there would have been a warning issued by now for us.

Posted

I didn't think we were getting any today.

The BBC forecast with Carol is always very frustrating. I've watched again over the last few days and I'm not keen on her delivery.

Posted

I didn't think we were getting any today.

The BBC forecast with Carol is always very frustrating. I've watched again over the last few days and I'm not keen on her delivery.

Never mind, we'll have to wait until Monday - possible snow event. These events are always days away lol and end up failing to materialise.
  • Like 1

Posted

Lol I know mate, this is why I tend to ignore them charts showing snow for us. If there was going to be any sort of disruption in regards to snow then there would have been a warning issued by now for us.

Cardiff is always going to be difficult. The showers will be more prevalent in the west.

To be honest, when it comes to the west, I'm not convinced of the Met office and its warning system. We've had snowfall when the MetO issued warnings after the event had started.

It's very windy this morning. No yello warning despite travel restrictions on roads.

Never mind, we'll have to wait until Monday - possible snow event. These events are always days away lol and end up failing to materialise.

Meow!!

• Like 1

Posted

I'm feeling more optimistic about the coming days after my recent pessimistic, negative mood and depressive diatribes about this cold spell and the winter in general.

I believe snow is possible in many inland parts of Wales beginning tonight. I don't foresee much settling but time will tell!

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

I'm with you Jackfrost and so it seems are the bbc - don't think we're going to see huge amounts in S Wales over the next week but what falls will hang around for sure

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/31013286

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: freezing cold and lots of snow

Beautiful morning out there today!! Oh no i just looked again, strong westerly winds with rain/ drizzle flying every where.... It's pure yuk out there lol

Posted

The coldest spell of the winter is coming up,mild and very windy yet at 7.9c cold air arriving midday.

Next week looks possible like a prolonged cold spell.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

some posters in model thread getting excited :cold: about next weeks potential, but its a week away, the charts change all the time within hours so no point in anyone taking to much notice as yet, it may happen but may not, not looking great for snow for south Wales this week looking at forecast on tv and on radio. never mind we got this this fab wind and rain this morning to put a smile on our faces :wallbash:  

Posted

I'm going to say this and I know you're going to throw things at me (takes a crushed beer can to the head) but I like wet, stormy weather a lot.

There was something genuinely awe-inspiring last Winter knowing that the storms we experienced had travelled thousands of miles across open ocean to reach us, all the way from North America. I'm fascinated by the Atlantic and oceanography and the effects the seas have on weather so the UK, for me, is located in the perfect position on the face of earth despite its moderating effects on any potential cold.

And standing on a hill on a grey, blowy day as a system approaches, looking west towards the ocean and watching the changing cloudscapes rolling towards me? Heavenly.

I'd take snow any day, but I don't find howling gales and rain as depressing as many seem to.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

some posters in model thread getting excited :cold: about next weeks potential, but its a week away, the charts change all the time within hours so no point in anyone taking to much notice as yet, it may happen but may not, not looking great for snow for south Wales this week looking at forecast on tv and on radio. never mind we got this this fab wind and rain this morning to put a smile on our faces :wallbash:  

I wouldn't be too dishearten,..... mon looks potentially very good for wales....although still five days away we should get a much clearer pic  in the next day of too......in the mean time I wouldn't be surprised if almost anywhere saw a dusting.....BBC and meto O will not commit until within two days or so...... they don't want to end with all the flak the mayor of NY has saw recently......the Express, the star, etc...well we all going to die obviously

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Gales - active weather!!!

I am not convinced yet by all this cold weather especially after seeing the Beeb forecast for Wales earlier this morning. They are showing 5's and 6's up to and including Saturday, very little PPN and also the PPN shown is rain. Showers infrequent.

Northerlies in my many years of being on this planet for Wales are generally disappointing and 99% of the time they are always warmer than initially anticipated plus drier. (Wishbone effect)

I can see all the MOD thread excitement but I am holding back at this time. Too many let downs to date but this one I can see going the same way for us especially with recent solar activity possibly due to put a dampener on proceedings.

Fingers crossed though.