Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Feeling mild earlier this evening after snow and ice lingering in north facing and shaded areas all day. UK radar showing imminent arrival of new air mass. Next week looks like knife edge viewing all the way. Looking forwards to it whatever the outcome. Hats off to the pros at making head or tail of this set of variables.

• Like 1

Posted

Very "snow like" clouds up here but only cold rain at the moment . Temp 1c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

Rain galore in Cardiff this evening, feeling very mild indeed.

Posted

The berwyns have a nice covering of snow this morning but all we have three miles away is ice ,but I'm hopeful we also get a covering this week .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Dusting of snow here and very icy. Brrrr. Back to bedwith tea and cat

Posted

Looks like a slow return to normal winters weather The first front weakens as it crosses Wales on Tuesday producing snow for most of Wales above 200 m , fizzing out as it reaches East UK ,more snow again Wednesday/Thursday turning back to rain,as slowly colder air is mixed out, see this type situation many times over the years.One slight hope is that HP over continent ,moves west and stalls the fronts over Wales,as was shown on charts a few days ago.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Theres nothing normal about next weeks winter weather,looking cold all week with snow possible anywhere as lows track south and the high to the east builds.

I`m surprised theres lttle optimism this morning.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

Just a quick question. I've just realised this morning that there seems to be precipitation circulating just off the coast of Anglesey this morning. What is this??

Gloriously sunny day here with hard frost slowly thawing in the sun.

Theres nothing normal about next weeks winter weather,looking cold all week with snow possible anywhere as lows track south and the high to the east builds.
I`m surprised theres lttle optimism this morning.

Tend to agree there are going to be several fronts pushing eastwards this week and 850HPA below zero all week and often below -5c even during precipitation events.

Would go into more detail but people have made their minds up anyway.

Dusting of snow here :)

Pity the front moving east last night, curtailed the snow streamer but pleased some got lucky. Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

really looking forward to this weeks weather....hopefully we will get lucky and see some more snowfall.this winter has already been so much better than last,frosts and a few snowfalls

Posted

I luv reading what everyone is saying especially the mod thread,just wish people would post basic maps to show where they think it's going to snow,that would make it Sooo much easier. :) hahaha!

Posted

Hard to believe we were under a red warning for Snow 2 years ago in Abergavenny, haven't seen a flake for nearly 2 years :-( getting withdrawal symptoms, hopefully see some soon

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Posted

Derek Brockway's latest tweet on next Tuesday.

A front will bring a mix of rain, sleet and snow on Tuesday. Rain in #Cardiff & #Swansea. A little snow mid #Wales. pic.twitter.com/j2A3zJD8jD

Edited by swales

Posted

Just a quick question. I've just realised this morning that there seems to be precipitation circulating just off the coast of Anglesey this morning. What is this??

I noticed that - a little showery low developed in the northerly flow and will affect Pembrokeshire this afternoon, not your standard Dangler :)

Posted

Full credit attempting to do it this week. If you are close to being correct, you should be headhunted by the Met Office.

Its great fun having a stab and seeing how it pans out :)

Not sure about a little - some hilly areas will get many cm I'm sure!

Posted

I noticed that - a little showery low developed in the northerly flow and will affect Pembrokeshire this afternoon, not your standard Dangler :)

Yep, and a nice little convergence zone shown on the latest FAX update picks this feature up

fax24s.gif?1

Looks good for the West coast, possibly in to Cornwall too, though temperature profiles perhaps a little marginal especially given coastal proximity. Euro4 shows snow risk inland:

15011906_2_1806.gif

SK

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, and a nice little convergence zone shown on the latest FAX update picks this feature up

fax24s.gif?1

Looks good for the West coast, possibly in to Cornwall too, though temperature profiles perhaps a little marginal especially given coastal proximity. Euro4 shows snow risk inland:

15011906_2_1806.gif

SK

Yes its one for the hills again, showers here sleety so far today, just a little on the mild side still..

https://twitter.com/DerekTheWeather/status/556785032774549504/photo/1

I am surprised Derek uses those GFS charts to make a point. Even we think they are unrealistic. (of course perhaps UKMO mesoscale charts show something similar, but he is not allowed to post those.)

post-213-0-13487400-1421588210_thumb.gif post-213-0-96593900-1421588211_thumb.gif post-213-0-72054900-1421588212_thumb.gif post-213-0-48828100-1421588213_thumb.gif

Of course that doesn't mean his comments are incorrect.

The week ahead forecast has now been shown on BBC1 and really downplays snow risk.

Edited by J10

Posted

Good work TonyH. A sound objective assessment of the synoptics. Brave too!

Is the NAE (or whatever its called now) in range for Tuesday yet? May have to take a quick peek.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy..warm summers but not so hot you can fry an egg on the ground

for a split second there Gareth moo I thought your profile pic was a chart for this week.dont think I have ever sat up so quick....maybe a little nap is required this afternoon.late nights and early mornings don't mix

Edited by dbaloo

Posted

for a split second there Gareth moo I thought your profile pic was a chart for this week.dont think I have ever sat up so quick....maybe a little nap is required this afternoon.late nights and early mornings don't mix

I wish! However, we do have a sniff this week. Better chance you up the valley than us lot below Caerphilly.

• Like 1