Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Really Jay? I wouldn't be surprised to see a little something in Cardiff. Not as much as places inland, but it's still a possibility.

I'm not sure if that's a streamer setting up in the Channel or whether the showers have temporarily aligned in that way, but there's a definite long line of pokey showers moving towards the South Wales coast which largely appear to be forming out at sea before intensifying as they head towards us. Interesting.

If that is a streamer and if the PPN stays as snow, certain places could end up with an appreciable fall.

Still going strong here.

Edited by Jackfrost

Posted

Here is comes! Settling on impact.

Pretty much non event here Jackfrost. Precip came around 4:20am but falling as wintry mix, mainly rain, although cars very frosty and icy still. :(

Posted

Really Jay? I'd expect a little something down in Cardiff if I were you. Not as much as places inland, but it's still a possibility.

I'm not sure if that's a streamer setting up in the Channel or whether the showers have temporarily aligned in that way, but there's a definite long line of pokey showers moving towards the South Wales coast.

If that is a streamer and if the PPN stays as snow, certain places could end up with an appreciable fall.

Still going strong here.

Ye, I spotted that... Who knows. The ppn doesn't seem heavy enough here at the moment to do any damage.

Posted

Pretty much non event here Jackfrost. Precip came around 4:20am but falling as wintry mix, mainly rain, although cars very frosty and icy still. :(

Gah! That doesn't fill me with joy and makes me half-expect it to turn to sleet/rain here within the next hour or so.

Pretty big flakes coming down now which, if my father is to be believed, indicates rising temperature.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 2

Posted

Gah! That doesn't fill me with joy and makes me half-expect it to turn to sleet/rain here within the next hour or so.

Pretty big flakes coming down now which, if my father is to be believed, indicates rising temperature.

Snows just starting to get heavier here!

Posted

Snow in Cardiff, wintry mix in Upper Boat, snow in Nelson.

You've got a microclimate, worldairgroup! The San Francisco of South Wales.

• Like 1

Posted

People probably think I'm telling porkies but where I live its a few degrees colder than the city centre.
  • Like 2

Posted

Got no reason to disbelieve you, Jay.

Where are you, exactly? North Cardiff I'm guessing, Lisvane, Thornhill, Cyncoed?

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

Always strange here. Im literally looking at A470 out my back window 100 yards away. Last time we had snow and to talk about was the major snow event in 2010. Always seem to miss it. Does not help we are in a valley with two huge mountains each side of us lol

Posted

Wow, that must have you on tenterhooks when you hear the "snow north of the M4" line.

Yeah, it's still heavy. Nice little covering now. I'll take a picture shortly.

Always strange here. Im literally looking at A470 out my back window 100 yards away. Last time we had snow and to talk about was the major snow event in 2010. Always seem to miss it. Does not help we are in a valley with two huge mountains each side of us lol

2010, really? What about January 2013? We had one major fall followed by two significant falls that left approaching a foot in places by the end of the spell.

Posted

Wow, that must have you on tenterhooks when you hear the "snow north of the M4" line.

2010, really? What about January 2013? We had one major fall followed by two significant falls that left approaching a foot in places by the end of the spell.

Missed us completely by just a few miles, pontypridd, cilfynydd had it and taffs well. i would say 3-4 miles either side of us.

Posted

Cool. Yep not far from cyncoed literally around the corner. People think I'm mad setting the alarm for 4am to see snow.

Posted

Missed us completely by just a few miles, pontypridd, cilfynydd had it and taffs well. i would say 3-4 miles either side of us.

That's incredibly bad luck.

I know it's easy to get despondent but we tend to do much better for snow in South Wales than in Southern England, including the Southeast, and perhaps the Midlands.

• Like 1

Posted

I know it's easy to get despondent but we tend to do much better for snow in South Wales than in Southern England, including the Southeast, and perhaps the Midlands.

No ppn here now, I think we're south of the showers damn.

Posted

This is a definite streamer setting up with the lower and central Valleys in its sights.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted

No ppn here now, I think we're south of the showers damn.

But our ASL is less than 100 metres so no suprise. PPN started again heavy wintry mix.

Posted

Just woke up, not trying to rub it in but was surprised to see it snowing heavily, got just over an inch atm, wasn't expecting this so nice surprise haha

Posted

Well that's a nice surprise. Just woke up to to 3-4cm of lying snow and still snowing quite heavy

• Like 1

Posted

A good few cms of snow here and still snowing lightly, not quite enough for a snow day though sadly haha!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

A frozen thin slushy covering remains here, looks about half what there had been.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow causing disruption and chaos

Still snowing in Blackwood , quite heavy actually

Posted

A few cm's down here as well and its still snowing though it does feel a bit wet which is odd as the temperature dropped to -3.8 last night and is still hovering around zero but a pretty good start none the less.post-11218-0-68690200-1421482763_thumb.j

Edited by Stevetynant