Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

I think about 26mph sounds about right, with gusts of up to 50-60mph at times. I think the winds are due to pick up early this evening.

Posted

Well.

Some excitement in the model thread. The all important word "concensus" is making appearance.

I think I'll hold back on informing family and freinds to get their ski gear out.

But looking exciting for next week and beyond.

Would be great to here some thoughts from the more experienced amongst you on the potential

• Like 1

Posted

4inches of snow and early drifting from the SW superb another achievement. :D

slow thaw starting now at 1.8c min was 1c sorted out my thermometer as there was a birds nest keeping it warmer to normal.

Snow was quite powdery dry earlier.

Edited by Snowyowl9
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Hot Summer days

new wind warnings out, but one thing the Gower isn't in either warning even though most locations in the forecast have 50mph+ gust tonight and again mid afternoon tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Last night was not fun! Got barely any sleep due to all the thunder and lightning between 3 and 6 am! 

Looks like we're about to enter a different 'phase' of winter soon according to the model output, exciting times ahead :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

Hopefully some areas will see some snow with the front pushing down from the north tomorrow night . I will hold judgement regarding weekend and next week but hopefully my area in nw wales will have some fairly heavy snow showers come then...

Edited by marksiwnc

Posted

lets hope there's more snow chances, last night we mainly had hail and cold rain, as the wind was WSW which meant we must have picked up higher dewpoints off Carmarthen bay, WNW is best here in snow situations  :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

4inches of snow and early drifting from the SW superb another achievement. :D

slow thaw starting now at 1.8c min was 1c sorted out my thermometer as there was a birds nest keeping it warmer to normal.

Snow was quite powdery dry earlier.

Who needs easterlies!

Snow cover thawing steadily as the 'storm' approaches with the first spits of rain and stirring of wind.

Anticipating a good 20mm from this and gusts close on 60mph (the highest all last Winter was 60mph).

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Plenty of weather to come after the storm passes through Friday night  Saturday Sunday we are in a N West flow ,good number of Troughs running Across Wales bringing longer spells sleet/snow.PPVL89.png

• Like 2

Posted

I think about 26mph sounds about right, with gusts of up to 50-60mph at times. I think the winds are due to pick up early this evening.Thanks Clair do not like the wind at all. snow is ok sun is Fab wind and rain hate it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

It's now looking more likely than not that next week will see a significant change to cold. Snow chances increasing but as for IMBY type stuff it best waiting until 48hrs from the event. I may just be confident enough to buy a snow shovel. ;-)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Well what an interesting 48 hours weather in wales! Heavy rain, sleet, hail, snow, tornadoes and now severe gales expected overnight. The weekend looks very showery, and in a cold west to northwesterly wind I wouldn't rule out further snow showers in places with hail and thunder.

Next week and beyond looking very interesting , but we shouldn't get ahead of ourselves and worry about snow chances yet, as Jackone always says, get the cold air in place first then worry about snow, surprise snow is always the case for us so we can expect something else before winter is over and done with!

It's been a fairly boring start to winter but I'm really enjoying this spell of weather. Now casting also a must over the weekend so keep an eye on those radars and lightning detectors peeps!

• Like 3

Plenty of weather to come after the storm passes through Friday night  Saturday Sunday we are in a N West flow ,good number of Troughs running Across Wales bringing longer spells sleet/snow.PPVL89.png

Last night we had rain, hail, sleet, hail, graupel, snow, Severe Gales,  thunder,  lightning, and a tornado in Pembrokeshire.

It is looking good for further wintrysnow opportunities, and I hope that those who missed out this time will be more lucky.

Edited by J10

Posted

Who needs easterlies!

Snow cover thawing steadily as the 'storm' approaches with the first spits of rain and stirring of wind.

Anticipating a good 20mm from this and gusts close on 60mph (the highest all last Winter was 60mph).

Rare occasions it happens anyway west/SW.

Easterlies are the holy grail for drifting long term and much dryer snow.  :cold:

More wintry showers tomorrow with a SW-ly but not as cold.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Wind getting up here what interesting weather in the last 24 hours we had lightning was very bright last night looking like we are near proper cold next week time will tell

new wind warnings out, but one thing the Gower isn't in either warning even though most locations in the forecast have 50mph+ gust tonight and again mid afternoon tomorrow?

Very strange.Would not be at all surprised to see 75mph gusts. Already close to 60mph

Edited by J10

Posted

Very strange.

I did tweet them about it

hi, noticed that the Gower peninsula is sandwiched between both wind warning areas but not included in either in the image maps

and got this reply

Yes, this is correct, however there may still be gusts reaching 60mph tomorrow: http://bit.ly/1ybrxSW 
Edited by swansearob

Posted

Rare occasions it happens anyway west/SW.

Easterlies are the holy grail for drifting long term and much dryer snow.  :cold:

More wintry showers tomorrow with a SW-ly but not as cold.

Indeed it does usually last long unless it is related to an easterly.

Rough here for inland highest gust 49mph just, and heavy driving rain.

Posted

55mph gust it was 60mph last winter.

Posted

Capel Curig the highest so far of 81mph

post-2595-0-71191200-1421264787_thumb.jp

http://weatherobs.com/