Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

If your near Inverness at least there is a pretty amazing sky as Sunrise approaches - can't get a photo sadly on a train and it's just not working on my phone at all! 

A bit late but here is your sunrise even better a few minutes earlier.post-2744-0-86349300-1416875821_thumb.jp

• Like 5

Posted

A quiet moody day had a robin in the tractor cab for company again today. Birds really attacking the feeders now and our woodpecker is still coming. Thousands of geese and a bunch of whooper swans in the neighbouring fields. Cows and calves into steading for winter yesterday and plough into last stubble field. Really into winter routine just need some snow now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

You guessed it, fog.

Low of -1.6'C last night. Currently -0.7'C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Models continue to perk up and looking good for a chilly start to Dec all in line with many decent looking LRF's ....I'm happy with the outlook

Not looked yet this morning but yeah, I wouldn't say I'm 'happy' but I'm content. It finally looks like some of the potential might start to turn to reality, although I'm still cautious as the models still seem to be struggling a little with the set-up.

Bright morning with plenty of blue sky and hopefully it won't cloud over quite as quickly as yesterday. 3.6C at 8am this morning so cool but no frost.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.   Another damp and dreich one it is too.   5.4c after an overnight low of 4.8c.

Now don't shoot the messenger but I came across this from none other than Piers Corbyn.   I have absolutely no idea if this guy deserves any credit at all for his forecasts.   He has however laid out his stall for the UK as far as December is concerned.   I suppose he has left himself wide open for either praise or criticism depending on the outcome.   Anyway, have a read:

http://weatheraction.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/piers-corbyn-uk-warning-very-significant-cold-and-snowy-blast-on-way/#more-2705

Edited by Blitzen

Morning.   Another damp and dreich one it is too.   5.4c after an overnight low of 4.8c.

Now don't shoot the messenger but I came across this from none other than Piers Corbyn.   I have absolutely no idea if this guy deserves any credit at all for his forecasts.   He has however laid out his stall for the UK as far as December is concerned.   I suppose he has left himself wide open for either praise or criticism depending on the outcome.   Anyway, have a read:

http://weatheraction.wordpress.com/2014/11/20/piers-corbyn-uk-warning-very-significant-cold-and-snowy-blast-on-way/#more-2705

Corbyn and Madden are always quoted by the Express under headlines screaming "Ice Age coming next week and set to last forever". Those two were at the centre of the "worst winter for 100 years" headlines in Nov last year. 

Posted

Corbyn and Madden are always quoted by the Express under headlines screaming "Ice Age coming next week and set to last forever". Those two were at the centre of the "worst winter for 100 years" headlines in Nov last year. 

Guess he's laid himself wide open to criticism then! :laugh:

Starting to feel that there may be something good for later in December though Catch.   Anything after say about the 15th? will suit me fine.

Posted

Doesn't look like the fog will clear here, touch under 3'C.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

It's a sign....a crocodile in the charts. I've no idea what it's a sign of but it's there: 

attachicon.gifECM0-240.GIF

Think I may have located your crocodile Catch. It's regressed somewhat back to a prehistorical state...

post-7292-0-59853100-1416948485_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Lol at the croc.....can't wait to build one of those....right to be cautious ravelin and no boom charts today but nothing bad either....can't wait for some crisp frosty mornings and a real winter feel to the beginning of the season....

Posted

Quite frosty earlier on this evening with a fine frosty sunset but a bit of high cloud has come in and it is now 2c.

Finished lifting large pit of neeps  today in glorious sunshine for the inside cattle for the winter .Electric fence to go up tomorrow so cows can get out to neeps every day. Turning off outside water troughs today.so nearly ready for winter.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 1

Latest ECM has us under high pressure over the weekend into next week, followed off by a decent snowstorm for parts of the north with moderate altitude, say above about 100m. It could well be cold under the high pressure, don't be fooled by the 850hpa temps. Light winds could lead to persistent fog, even freezing fog under these setups. Winter is creeping towards us. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Latest ECM has us under high pressure over the weekend into next week, followed off by a decent snowstorm for parts of the north with moderate altitude, say above about 100m. It could well be cold under the high pressure, don't be fooled by the 850hpa temps. Light winds could lead to persistent fog, even freezing fog under these setups. Winter is creeping towards us. 

Aye, couple of potential charts for the ski resorts and hills there.

ecmt850.144.png

ecmt850.240.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

If you were going to cherry pick a chart then this one wouldn't be a bad choice....

gfs-1-348.png?0

Way out there in the depths of FI but both versions of the GFS show a trend for some colder incursions from the start of next week onwards. Interestingly the GFS also seems to shift the bulk of the vortex from Canada eastwards, at least temporarily....

gfsnh-0-312.png?0

Again we'll need to see if this ever actually happens.

As for the now and here. It was 0.8C at 8am in Kemnay, which was also the overnight low. The merest of hints of a frost on the grass. Temperature climbing slowly under thini(ish) clouds.

Edited by Ravelin

Posted

Morning. 

Kinda rinse and repeat here again this morning.   We appear to have had this type of weather here for days and days now.   Damp, dreich with temp sitting at 4.7c after an overnight low of 3.8c.

Models do appear to be hinting at something more seasonal in the not too distant future though.   Bring it on!

post-1989-0-12653600-1416996947_thumb.jp

Posted

Yet another foggy day here after an overnight low of -2.8'C, currently 1'C. Extremely dense freezing fog this morning too.m

• Like 1

Posted

Not really anything to report weather wise just now. Not very exciting out there is it? Only thing good is that it is cold

Not really anything to report weather wise just now. Not very exciting out there is it? Only thing good is that it is cold

To paraphrase, "at least it's not mild".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Whatever is happening but partial to a snow drift

Bitterly cold in and around Lochaber today, lovely clear blue winter skies above the fog that was rolling about in the great glen. I got back at 4.30 tonight and it was -0.5oC with frost all over the car.  Hoping the hills will get a good healthy dump of snow next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Felt rather damp today and a tad chilly. Feeling more seasonal. Hoping things eventually pull together to bring us some of the White stuff:)

• Like 1

I've flicked through the Met-O 5 day forecast for Kelso and there isn't one single sun symbol, not even a sun/cloud symbol. Foggy yet again here this morning. I'll remember, remember this foggy November. I love fog so it's all good, I love fog so much that our grey cat is called Foggy. Our white cat isn't called Snowy but that's MrsC's fault :D

Posted

Morning all,

Coolest day of the Autumn yesterday with a max of 5.8c at Leuchars. Still no air frost here in Crail the seasonal low is +2.3c. Looks like we'll make it into December without a frost though that's not particularly unusual for my location.

Some sun would be welcome!

Posted

Ta dah!................

post-1989-0-68699100-1417079886_thumb.jp

6.3c.