Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

When I left my house in Grangemouth at 9.15 it was 4.7C and a shower of rain. 10 minutes later in polmont there was a shower of sleet

Posted

It got blacker and blacker overhead and it's now chucking it down with snow in the centre of Inverness, a dusting on the grass within a minute! 

The showers are doing their usual fizz and disappear before reaching Kelso, always the same from a westerly. Fingers crossed for something spectacular later though, I live in eternal hope :D

Then it's all eyes on the high which looks set to dominate from the weekend into next week, orientation is key for everyone, we'll all be hoping for a suitable wind direction. Get that wrong and it's 6ºC and cloudy. Get it right then it's 15ºC with glorious sunshine.

Posted

Disgusting weather this morning....

Yes no dust today .Heavy wet snow showers and currently 1.5c

• Like 1

Posted

Bit of everything wintry this morning - rain, sleet, hail, graupel, wet snow, proper snow and blustery winds!

Posted

Afternoon all,

Sunny here in St Andrews but with a strong chilly wind, westerly 30mph. 5c/0c at 1pm.

Posted

After non-lying snow showers all morning, the ground in EK is now white - with hailstones.

I thought March was supposed to go out 'like a lamb'!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Oh Man! fffffffffffffff........BALTIC! So it seems that winter has returned big time. I drove to Portree through wind, hail, rain, sleet and snow. We had the teeniest glimpse of sunshine a wee while back, needless to say, it didn't last long. That wind would cut ye in three! :cold:

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Best chance for lying snow tonight, if the showers keep up.

Posted

Snow showers getting heavier here now but they are short lived. That last one was actually starting to settle on the grass before it died away.

Posted

Heaviest snow shower of the day - absolutely pelting it down! Beginning to stick but will be gone as soon as the showers over.

Posted

Yes no dust today .Heavy wet snow showers and currently 1.5c

Snowline down to 200m with a lot of fresh snow on all the hills round the Firth when they emerge from the snow showers. Currently 1c

Posted

I bet once the sun dips these showers stop! If we can keep showers of this intesity then some settling shouldn't be an issue as it's currently attempting to settle during showers.

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I bet once the sun dips these showers stop! If we can keep showers of this intesity then some settling shouldn't be an issue as it's currently attempting to settle during showers.

And lo, the sun went down. And lo, the showers stopped.  Makes you fkn weep.

• Like 3

Posted

A short run inland to find the snow at Glenfernesspost-2744-0-98092600-1427832223_thumb.jppost-2744-0-35646100-1427832414_thumb.jppost-2744-0-43878800-1427832375_thumb.jp and a couple of photos of the stormy wintry skypost-2744-0-55963900-1427832340_thumb.jppost-2744-0-86761800-1427832468_thumb.jp to the west Currently 0c

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Pretty much the story of this Winter for here. Showers turned to snow pm then the wind shifted to just North of West and the showers died out pretty much altogether. :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted

And lo, the sun went down. And lo, the showers stopped.  Makes you fkn weep.

Yep same here. Relentless heavy snow showers all afternoon and then come 7pm - nothing! Wind direction has changed too so I reckon pretty much everything will miss here now. Still - nice last blast of winter today but now it can stained glass window off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Snow showers in Callander tonight. The picture is just when I was leaving and was beginning to stick to cars and some big flakes on the paths. Got back to Grangemouth when it was dry and clear at 1.3/-1.3C about 2 hours ago. Now its cloudier at 2.9/-1.2C.

As you can see the snow even turned blue for a while above one of the dugouts

post-18130-0-83995400-1427844631_thumb.j

post-18130-0-48468600-1427844644_thumb.j

Edited by GrangemouthBairn
  • Like 3

Posted

White here this morning(1 inch) and currently 0c Photo to follow later. No April fool.

Photo as promised. post-2744-0-41727300-1427896835_thumb.jp Hills round about are really coated too.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 3