Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

This is the shower that's finally giving another covering albeit slight. Flakes are massive! and really blowing in wind

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

All white here again, few inches so far and it's been snowing non-stop since just after 10.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Typical.  Decent snowfall at home just as I head north in search of decent snowfall :wink:

Up in Caithness and Sutherland.  As is often the case with southwest winds, this little corner of the north stays stubbornly dry...but we did get some last night and this afternoon to make the hills look the part.

Up on Morven, the highest point in Caithness this afternoon:

attachicon.gifIMG_6094.jpg

Just as a wee aside - my great uncle was nearly named Morven after that hill (my family on that side are originally from Sutherland and Caithness. As my great grandad was (very reluctantly!) taking the papers to the registry office to make it official, he stopped in for a pint and was persuaded by a friend to change it to Alexander. My great granny was supposedly furious when my great grandad told her upon his return, but my great uncle certainly dodged a bullet there!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

just had thundersnow here! 1st time ever seen it

well chuffed

At about 19.15 I seen a flash of lightning but it wasn't snowing at the time. Been a few snow showers tonight which had been starting to lie on cars, huts but this shower has turned everything white. Very heavy big flakes with a strong wind almost making it a blizzard. Temperature has just nosedived to 0.3C/-2.3C

Posted

Yep, good blizzard here. Must have dropped at least an inch of snow, long grass all covered.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Snawin again,must be a boot 5" deep noo!

Will be digging the car oot in the morning me thinks.

Big Innes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen falling currently. Complete whiteout, doesn't look like its ending either with that streamer coming in from the West!! Good times!! :yahoo:  :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

A nice covering on the roads now with the latest shower just hitting, maybe a touch more than our previous best this winter.

• Like 2

Posted

Not had much snow (if any?) here since that spell last night. Still at just over 2 inches but worried about melting now :( Hopefully that really nice shower over Gourock can make it to the Central Belt in the next hour or so, before the sun has too much of an effect!

• Like 1

Posted

No more snow but currently clear with snow showers to the west and -2c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Woke up to in excess of 10cm of snow with extreme whiteout conditions!!!! Was not expecting as much. So much for the Met Office's 1-3cm :rofl:

post-21143-0-95671600-1425367713_thumb.jpost-21143-0-88321400-1425367712_thumb.j

• Like 8

Posted

:oops:  MetOffice, not even going to attempt my hill this morning, and still a wwhite-out Approaching 5" in places

post-2849-0-25820400-1425368426_thumb.jp

post-2849-0-67557600-1425368438_thumb.jp

Edited by Cheggers
  • Like 7

Posted

Didn't realise that the snow is right down to sea level! Good times! :)

• Like 1

Posted

Good to see some people getting a decent amount of snow.

Nothing more than a dusting in darvel. Would say mostly hail as well.

Plenty of lightning last night too.

• Like 1

Posted

Some good reports and pics. Here in Crail nothing as impressive but we do have a slight cover on grassy surfaces. Nothing measurable but the first dusting in 2 years. I'd take a photo but you'd only laugh. ;-)

Overnight min -0.5c.

• Like 5

Posted

Fantastic coverage in Glenrothes this morning.

post-12246-0-47555800-1425369715_thumb.j

post-12246-0-17263300-1425369723_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

Now that's snow! Big chunky flakes and inch apart this morning, about 3 inch at least lying on cars, left the port and got to Paisley where it's hardly anything just flurries and no ground covering.

• Like 2

Posted

Not much more here overnight. Generally about an inch to 2inches. Met office going for a prolonged period of sleet and snow this afternoon, who kbowa if that'll settle :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

I'm afraid the met office used up their budget for snow warnings and snow graphics when there was a couple of snow flurries forecast for se engerrland in mid February.never mind come mid December there will b plenty again (only to be taken away 12 hours later) lovely morning here 10cm snow 0.0c

• Like 2