Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

The easterly optimism seems to have wained in the MOD thread. Still a chance and the ECM from this morning was good for cold but the GFS seems keen on a UK high, along with the GEM.

Still light and it's 5:45pm now... Both outcomes are good to me, either a UK high which will bring an early taste of spring or a cold Scandi high

Posted

This afternoon in Glasgow city centre it was snowing at about 12.30, despite the airport reporting 7C, then again at 3.30pm at 6C.  Quite surprising.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

1-2 cm in Lauderdale / the Leader valley. Rather unexpected.

Was leaving work (W Embra) and noticed it chillier with a dusting on the Pentlands. Thought 'Oh, might see a touch at Soutra'.

Then, as I drove through Pathhead there were cars coming the other way..... with snow on number plates and windscreens..

Ever more eager with anticipation with each further snaw splattered car that passed, I got to Fala and saw just a very light dusting ahead. Up soutra only a wee touch.

But then.... Lauderdale spread out before me in a beautiful coat of white.

Took the back road home for some decent winter tyre action.

1.1 C with it starting to frost up.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 7

Posted

Heavy snow for the last 30 minutes, big flakes giving a covering. Temperature 1.4c with dewpoint 0.3c.

Just started here, so a fair bit to look forward to.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Light snow here. Should get at least an hours worth out of the blob.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Snowing here heavy for last half hour ground white. it's been a decent winter here in Aberfoyle give me polar maritime over a northerly or easterly any time

• Like 1

Posted

Damn whits going on. It gets heavy then stops!

• Like 1

Posted

Bit of snow and hail passed through earlier left a very minimal covering on cars and street. Road now clear but still on cars. Wonder if anymore - radar looks kina sparse at the moment.

Posted

Was outside thought I heard a slight rumbling noise but didn't think for a minute it was thunder but noise from nearby industrial estate. Checked lightning radar and there was a flash during the big snow shower between EK and Strathaven.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Hee haw here

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

1.5c under clear skies, which is also the overnight minimum. We had a light rain shower around 10pm last night, here snow remains as elusive as ever.

It's sunshine which is the headline for NE Fife in February 2015: Leuchars sitting on 114 hours for the month, not too shabby at all.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

I was driving on the motorway between Grangemouth and Sirling during that heavy snow shower which passed through about half 8 last night. Wasn't lying but that's the snowiest conditions I've ever had to drive through. Having said that,I've only been driving a year and a half so there's not much competition.

Temperature was up to 3.0C when I left the house at 8.30am with rain showers

• Like 1

Posted

Another very windy evening. This has been one of the outstanding features of the past two winters and I am getting  to the point where I really enjoy a calm day without having to fight to shut a door of the house, the tractor or the car. Living on the top of a hill does n"t help . Just a grumpy old farmer rant. Currently 4c

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all, last day of meteorological winter and it's cloudy and 6.4c.

Another snowless winter for me but unlike last year I would rate it highly: 7/10. This is based on the high number of sunny days - it's been far from dank and dreary. http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/releases/archive/2015/sunniest-winter-on-record

First few days of Spring look chilly. If I still lived in Glasgow I'd be expecting to see some snow.

• Like 1