Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

So... Remind me... It was meant to cool down at some point? Been a steady 3c for hours now! Hope the ppn just gives me a miss at that temp!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Well, the bands off the E coast just made landfall (for my area anyway) south of Dunbar. If they keep the same track, I might find out what they are producing.

T = 1.7 °C / DP = -2.1 °C

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

It's been an "if only" sort of day here. If only it had been a little colder, if only we'd had a little more height. Then we'd probably have had a decent covering of lying snow as there's been enough wintery stuff falling from the sky.

5mins ago it was 1.7/1.0C and snowing heavily, but it'd be as well raining cos it's melting as soon as it hits the ground, even although most of the grass etc is still frozen solid.

Took a drive out to the Bennachie Centre this afternoon with the wife to take the dog for a walk. It's only really 5-10mins away in the car but there's up to a cm or two lying in places there just because of a little extra height. Wild walk with snow falling in a strong wind. Nowhere near as picturesque as HCs walk though.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

If I don't see any more snow this winter I won't be to upset. My area has had a couple of good snow events this month and the snow has stuck around for a good few days which allowed me to take my son out and enjoy it and go sledging etc. I hope those who haven't had much get something soon, I think Tuesday is looking pretty good so here's hoping.

• Like 2

Posted

Still wild wet and windy. Cattle look really cosy in the steading tonight lying on a fresh straw bed chewing the cud. One of those its good to be a farmer moments. Currently 1c

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

I can report the recent phenomenon of phantom snow is alive and well...raintoday showing a shower for here but Nada falling....

• Like 3

Posted

Starting tae snaw here. Just on the edge of that band running down the east coast.

T = 2.2 °C / DP -1.4 °C

• Like 2

Posted

Moderate snaw here now - blawin aroond a fair bit.

Getting a wee covering on top of what's left from before.

T peaked at 2.2 earlier, now dropping it seems.

Edited by scottish skier

Moderate snaw here now - blawin aroond a fair bit.

Getting a wee covering on top of what's left from before.

T peaked at 2.2 earlier, now dropping it seems.

Wet snow here, blowing about when I left work but pretty light and steady with the shelter at the house. Ground wet so not going to gather unless it gets heavier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

2.5/1.2C and heavy sleet. We'd have been buried by now if it had been just a bit colder. Need to check the battery on my rain gauge though as it's showing 0.0mm. What's the betting that if it does get colder tomorrow then we'll get no precipitation.

Braemar snow gate webcam is looking good (http://braemarscotland.co.uk/snowgate-webcam/). Glenshee ski area should be getting a good pasting as the road has been closed all day. Might have to make a trip up next weekend, especially if the HP moves in as predicted. Ain't had a calm sunny skiing day at Glenshee for a very long time.

• Like 1

Posted

There's actually a few flakes falling from the stuff from the north, it's so small though as precip is all but exhausted by the time it gets here that I can only see it when I have the front door floodlight on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

cars and pavements covering over in a wet snow T0.8C and 0c dp its been a temperature rollercoaster all evening here,the joys of low elevation and too close to the sea,now up to 1.4 ,1c dp  

Edited by drm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yes the temperatures are warmer than last week. This was supposed to be the Greenland blast?

• Like 1

Posted

Still wild wet and windy. Cattle look really cosy in the steading tonight lying on a fresh straw bed chewing the cud. One of those its good to be a farmer moments. Currently 1c

Got up to look out the front door after becoming aware that the howling wind was becoming muffled and saw that we now have moderate swirling dry powdery snow which is settling rapidly at a temperature of 0c. Funnily enough it is not obvious on the radar on netweather which shows us dry

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Another one from earlier, nothing spectacular and I'll confess to some major photoshopping here  post-4537-0-63179500-1422748549_thumb.jp

(no I didn't paste the tree...)

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 4

Wet snow, dry snow (wooo hooo), wet snow (awww), rain (winter's over), wet snow (better), dry snow (wooo hooo), wet snow (awww), rain.....and so on and on and on.

Frustrating old night :)

Posted

Wet snow, dry snow (wooo hooo), wet snow (awww), rain (winter's over), wet snow (better), dry snow (wooo hooo), wet snow (awww), rain.....and so on and on and on.

Frustrating old night :)

Not sure what is going off here, on my second bottle after a good night :drunk: , but can here the wind howling away ootside. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

When I got in at half 10, the temperature was 3.4C but humidity still low at 60% so the dew point was at -3.4C. Friday morning all of the ground was still covered in snow or ice but tonight all the paths and roads are almost completely dry. It's unusual for it to melt and dry in such a short space of time. But that'll be due to the strength of the wind

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

I for one have been extremely disappointed in this cold spell. The Metoffice for a few days now have been banging on about heavy, frequent snow showers, drifting and heavy falls including issuing 5 warnings for snow until Wednesday. This morning, their updates are completely different (again) saying largely dry, with rain or sleet showers easing and winds falling light? Then rain on Wednesday.

So what has changed in the last 12 hours. This is not a proper northerly - if it was, we would be getting pasted as we normally do with these set ups.

I suspect the warnings will be cancelled this morning for parts of the country.

Lost quite a lot of faith in their abilities this winter.

• Like 4

Posted

Concur with the comments about this N'ly; any theories why the North/NE has not got the snow expected from the set up? On the face of it, very strange. No snow lying here, but I think there may have been snow showers... +2/-2 so the Dew is below Zero at the moment.