Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Sooo jealous of everyone's snowy pics!! Maybe Howham we'll have to do the snow dance for an easterly:)

• Like 1

Posted

The low is getting closer all the time. It needs to be taken into account that its not just a front passing through but is circulating band of precipitation. Its looking more likely all the time for this could move further inland than first thought.

• Like 1

Posted

Sooo jealous of everyone's snowy pics!! Maybe Howham we'll have to do the snow dance for an easterly:)

Preferably a NE'erly... or a North Sea polar low!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 32 minutes ago

Barmada Casten, on 29 Jan 2015 - 19:25, said:snapback.png

I live in Bolton.

We have had sleet and rain showers all day.

There is no lying snow. There was half a cm this morning that melted quickly.

I have fared a lot worse than majority of people on here reporting decent snow accumulations.

I feel physically sick at the news that the polar low will not be hitting this part of the region and will now log off for good and drink a large volume of alcohol to numb the pain. 

Its quite difficult for me to take this as it happens repeatedly every year and I am quite passionate about snow. I drove 400 miles north last night essentially, for a bit of sleet.

Should have driven 40 miles to peak district we have had plenty of snow, schools still shut 2moro.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  now thats a toooooorp

• rep_up.png
  •  

Posted

The band did seem to go from a straight SE direction to then sort of stopping and then pivoting just out from the W coast, like a swirling type thing (scientific explanation) but I did also notice a big chunk of the precip getting vaporised by the snow shield as it headed more Westward.

Posted

Can't see that band hitting any further than South ayrshire imo, would happily eat humble pie though!!

looks like going to drift down the irish sea.....would be a terrible waste if noone gets hit from it

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

The showers breaking off it might make it inland. The main band is likely to hit Dumfries and N Eire if anywhere.

Posted

Looks like it's going to pivot over Arran and the big chunk South of that pivot will swing through Ayrshire and DG then slide South. It is really cold out there though now and quite a lot of cloud cover, moving very very slowly directly South.

Edited by grifter

Posted

I see what everyone is talking about. It almost looks like a vortex and wants to swirl round in a circle. If it did it would be superb but...the jury is out!

Posted

it should lessen my interest knowing it has no chance of affecting here but it is a fascinating watch

• Like 1

Posted

Even if it did cross over central I don't think it would give much anyway, except for the first 10-15 miles of the West. It doesn't look much bigger than the streamers we were getting the other night.

Posted

The BBC look like they were really out on a limb. The light snow for Moffat at 11PM tonight that's been showing all day today on the Met Office feed has now gone away. Still weird I say.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcvdc9ryg#?fcTime=1422489600

Posted

Pretty much what I said earlier in the evening.....that system scooted off to S Ayrshire and D n G.

Yes the radar is showing that system to avoid a large swathe of Ayrshire altogether. It looks like it will be just South Ayrshire and to the south of that.

Posted

Evening all, cold night here with temp sitting at -2.8c. Managed to get out sledging with the kids after work tonight which was fun.

Here's hoping we get a few snowy surprises this weekend !

• Like 2

Posted

Its snowing in the far north of Scotland. That's our next chance of snow if it makes it over the snow eating mountains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 32 minutes ago

Barmada Casten, on 29 Jan 2015 - 19:25, said:snapback.png

Should have driven 40 miles to peak district we have had plenty of snow, schools still shut 2moro.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  now thats a toooooorp

• rep_up.png
  •  

That's someone having a laugh. Same account said they destroyed their sink when they missed out on snow last year.

Posted

I'd always assumed the BBC got their feed and guidance pretty much directly from the Met Office, but the BBC's take on tonight was very different from the Met Office's, so now I'm just left wondering ...

Anyway, it's been snowing here apparently  :nonono: .... 2zxwcvs.jpg

Edited by moffatross