Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

No shortage of frosts around here this winter, even if we've seen virtually no snow. Overnight low of -3.4C and currently sat at 0.5C. A few pink tinged clouds around but mainly blue sky so likely another sunny day coming up. Infinitely better than last year's grey and cloudy rainfest even without the snow.

• Like 1

Posted

9-10cm measured on the grass... But half of the snow is blown into drifts in the back garden up to 30cm deep so no idea how much actually fell!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

-1.5c/-2.1c.   Couple of light showers overnight but nothing to alter the 3cm? overall.   Hard to judge with it having been windy.   Agree with Ravelin that it looks like a cold, dry sunny day.

post-1989-0-74230100-1422519946_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

-1.0/-3.2 and white. Excellent

• Like 1

Posted

-1.1c here currently and snowing. We've been so lucky overnight and I would say a good 4" has fallen with some good drifting up the back door :-) Hoping for a few more showers before it eventually dies out.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

God I hope N13 has lots of snow or we're in for it :p

Fk all in the yard here but enough on the hill behind for some slege activity - seems like an unofficial snow-day for some :blink2: They'll be in the poo if Mac****** gets wind of this :ninja:

• Like 3

Posted

Stirling and Grangemouth did, so fingers crossed for n13.

I fear for his sanity if Falkirk missed out

:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Sent hubby oot with tape measure and its 6" here. A woman went missing in Innerleithen last night and the Tweed Valley mountain rescue had to get hauled out to look for her, then the helicopter was going round in circles overhead for ages. She was found unconscious and flown to hospital.

I was standing at the kitchen window watching an erk in a 4x4 come flying down a really steep dogleg brae here, thought god he's going far too fast for that hill. Came flying off the road, down an embankment and into a fence. Another yuppy who canny use his gearbox eh.

• Like 7

Posted

I could wring the neck of whomever sends the gritters out round here. We've had the pavement gritter up and down and round and back and then a normal gritter up and round and back and up and round again from 6.30am onwards. There's a DUSTING of snow. Any need for all that? I think not. What will they do if there's anything resembling proper snow? Send the army in?

Send up here, as not one in sight. Only saw 3 farmers with tractors helping clear main roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

Very happy with our covering, about time too! â„ï¸â„ï¸â„ï¸post-18395-0-54222900-1422521900_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Looking at radar nice blob out west maybe heading for Central Belt.

• Like 2

Posted

Sent hubby oot with tape measure and its 6" here. A woman went missing in Innerleithen last night and the Tweed Valley mountain rescue had to get hauled out to look for her, then the helicopter was going round in circles overhead for ages. She was found unconscious and flown to hospital.

I was standing at the kitchen window watching an erk in a 4x4 come flying down a really steep dogleg brae here, thought god he's going far too fast for that hill. Came flying off the road, down an embankment and into a fence. Another yuppy who canny use his gearbox eh.

Glad to hear she was found. We heard the helicopter circling for ages here, thought it might have been Glentress at first. 

Temp has gone up again as the sun is out, currently 0.3c.

• Like 1

Posted

Still a covering here with a magnificent wintry sky to the west with yellow /grey /black even pink shower clouds with snow streamers coming from them.Geese flying into feed had real arctic welcome. Ground frozen well in in spite of only -1c overnight because of fresh to strong wind. Currently -0.3c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Beautiful morning! Clear, Sunny, frosty, and white out. Sadly a thin covering here, but still very pretty! 

Whats next on the horizon? A northerly? Not great for us in Perth but good for those up north no? 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

You needn't worry I have 6cm in the garden so more than I expected after yesterday, and the toys are staying in the pram! LOL :D

Glasgow where I work has only about 2cm which I was very surprised at after watching the snow last night.

More snow tonight hopefully and maybe a wee bit today. This is definately the most snow I have had for at least three years.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Beautiful morning! Clear, Sunny, frosty, and white out. Sadly a thin covering here, but still very pretty! 

Whats next on the horizon? A northerly? Not great for us in Perth but good for those up north no?

There was talk of an easterly feature at the weekend? I'm not sure if it's still showing on the models this morning as they are all moaning about possible breakdowns in the MT :(

• Like 1

Posted

yey N13! You'd best get out and have a little celebration dance in it!  :drinks:

Well not a dance as such. I am a runner so can get the trail shoes on tonight and run across the fields. Love the fact that it's pitch black but the snow lights up the ground. Nothing better than just the sound of the snow crunching! :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted

Chateau November 13 today.

Edited by November13

Posted

Easily the very best cover here since the 2010 epic spell. No idea how to measure but it's not a thin cover that's for sure!

Posted

Well after much trying I cannot get my photo to upload! :aggressive: