Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

It's really heavy again. God what a wonderous evening it's been (and only had 2 really heavy snow showers but other lighter ones)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

Very heavy snow now - fabulous ⛄℠can't stop watchin the radar!

Edited by pleasesnownow
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Glasgow is indeed getting pasted. Incredible scenes on the motorways. Just started here again still 4cm.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

None here for a while either. About two years to be precise.

Sorry! It does feel strange being the one feeling sorry for other people for a change

Posted

Got a feeling this could be a very memorable snow event for Glasgow and surrounding area.

Perhaps, but it depends on how much more precipitation comes through overnight - for now the radar suggests that the current track of intense showers will track further inland affecting some eastern areas.

Got a feeling this could be a very memorable snow event for Glasgow and surrounding area.

That line of precip to the north of Glasgow is moving east but sinking at the same time, could be very tasty for wherever it swings through (have a look at the radar and you'll see what I mean :) )

Edit: I'm excited and it's probs going to fizzle by the time it gets this far east :rofl:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

It's pounding down here again. I should be in bed but really can't resist! ;)

Posted

Been snowing again for last 10/15 minutes. Not quite as heavy as earlier showers but not complaining. Temperature has risen quickly as the shower has moved in but still below freezing at -0.2/-2.1C. Just started to get very heavy again

Posted

Couldny sleep there (think it was the chinese gurglin in my gut!) and got up, as could hear eves cracking, looked out and see this almighty red curtain flowing down the Clyde, so got the shoes on rolled a tip and jumped out front. What a site, ferocious howling winds absolute blizzard etc. Got a bit cagey thought might get a crack of thunder so puffed up and got in! Mental, snow looks topped up a bit too. If only that would hold on for a couple of hours we's get a walloping! Fingers crossed that streamer coming down from NW seems to be lumping together, hope more builds to the SE and gets it's act together. Think I'll be on the strong coffee at work the morrow!

Edited by Osbourne One-Nil

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder any extreme weather

5 1/2cm here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

it seems there is a shower here every 30 min or so the road is now touch and go with  5 inches lying on it i wouldn't be surprised if there is over a foot lying here in the morning temps are surprising to +0.3c i thought it would be colder up here at 1000ft 

Edited by igloo
  • Like 1

Posted

This is a great shower. Been really heavy for 15 or 20 minutes now. Definitely the deepest snow since March 2013 and probably since December 2010. Temperature up to 0.1C. I really need to go to my bed but I'm getting hypnotised. And all of a sudden the winds have came alive. I'll need to measure in the morning

Edited by GrangemouthBairn
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

This is a great shower. Been really heavy for 15 or 20 minutes now. Definitely the deepest snow since March 2013 and probably since December 2010. Temperature up to 0.1C. I really need to go to my bed but I'm getting hypnotised. And all of a sudden the winds have came alive. I'll need to measure in the morning

It made it to Edinburgh too - back lying on the roads again! Looking at all that red streaming in from Fort William it could be a very special night for snowfall for many places, with temperatures around 0C the precip-lying snow ratio will be very favourable so 4+inches achievable for most. :yahoo:

• Like 3

Posted

It made it to Edinburgh too - back lying on the roads again! Looking at all that red streaming in from Fort William it could be a very special night for snowfall for many places, with temperatures around 0C the precip-lying snow ratio will be very favourable so 4+inches achievable for most. :yahoo:

As this band moves east I fancy some eastern parts of the central belt to do very well. What do you reckon tomorrow night has in store - could there be more snow or just rain.

Posted

Just woke up and had a wee look out and its very heavy snow !

Central belt is taking a pasting according to the radar .

Posted

Very heavy snow back on.

Whilst this winter may not have delivered the sort of blocking you'd associate with very negative OPI, you can't argue that the snow and cold which has unfolded during the middle third - and hopefully the second half of winter - does fit the characteristics of such a reading. The last couple of weeks have seen two snowfalls of more than 5cm. When I come to think of it, I can't recall a single winter month which had two 5cm+ plus snowfalls - maybe December 2009, possibly February 2009.