Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Great stuff here, went from no cover to lying on all surfaces in under 5 minutes! Looks like we might catch the most intense streak at the back end of the shower, and then the next one's heading the same way...

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

We are back to the teeny wee flakes again, but the temp has dropped to -4.4 with a wind chill of -7. Nippy! We may yet get more than just the obligatory icing sugar dusting yet!

Wow -4.4 that's encouraging :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Can confirm said blob just reached Prestonpans and ground turning white straight away!!  :)

:) awesome! Must be literally a few mins down the road from me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

snow on and of here al day about 3 inches lying only just got rid of the last stuff 2 days ago now its back fun and games again tomorrow going down the hill to my mothers temp -0.9c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Radar Loaded.

Satellite Loaded.

Lamp posts, also loaded.

Let's keep with the positive snaw vibes and avoid the TOORPs !

pramthrow.gif

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Still going strong here, must be the best of the winter so far in town or close to it at least.post-9298-0-39397600-1422473823_thumb.jp

Proper snaw

• Like 7

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Still going strong here, must be the best of the winter so far in town or close to it at least.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Proper snaw

I'm in my 2nd year at Edinburgh uni and I've not seen any snow lying in Edinburgh yet. Hopefully tomorrow is the day,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

That's mair like it.

Decent blob hitting now.

Might go from a dusting to a thin covering.

Posted

I'm in my 2nd year at Edinburgh uni and I've not seen any snow lying in Edinburgh yet. Hopefully tomorrow is the day,

Wow, that's terrible, I'm sure there'll be some tomorrow. I suppose I was spoiled a bit for lying snow in my first year because we had so many easterlies in 2012/13. The deepest was only about 2 inches but it was 100x better than last winter when I think we very briefly managed a dusting at absolute most.

Posted

Walked hame in a pretty good shower about half 5 then a few others on and off till about 7 then not much going on since then, although more coming in on radar. Very liitle accumulation though but grass, roofs etc white.

Posted

Wow, that's terrible, I'm sure there'll be some tomorrow. I suppose I was spoiled a bit for lying snow in my first year because we had so many easterlies in 2012/13. The deepest was only about 2 inches but it was 100x better than last winter when I think we very briefly managed a dusting at absolute most.

I should have said that I travel through from grangemouth everyday so there may have been a covering when I wasn't there. Snow falling very lightly at the moment

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

The curse of the surrounding big hills  strikes again here - fk all since sundown.  All surfaces nicely frozen in anticipation though. C'mon you clouds...

• Like 1

Posted

I should have said that I travel through from grangemouth everyday so there may have been a covering when I wasn't there. Snow falling very lightly at the moment

The best I saw up to now was on Tuesday the 13th January I believe, although it didn't lie on the road like tonight's stuff did, but I think the 6th December was also pretty snowy here.

• Like 1

Posted

I must say the radar way out to the NW (north and west of Eilean Siar) looks loaded with promise. I don't think any of it will reach here but somewhere could get a pasting...hopefully!

• Like 1

Posted

A few snaps from my wee jaunt to Peebles (sadly my phone died before I reached the snowy bit on the way back but the bus windows were filthy so it wouldn't have mattered too much anyway):

post-9298-0-86781200-1422475608_thumb.jppost-9298-0-07296300-1422475616_thumb.jppost-9298-0-42657700-1422475637_thumb.jp

More crucially, here's the latest radar: post-9298-0-70861100-1422475712_thumb.pn

:drinks:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Dusting has become a wee cm covering.

Nice.

Mini Miss SS said it was nearly 'superfast' snaw at times in the recent blob, but not quite. Since she originally invented the term, I had to concede.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 6

Posted

Aww showers keep missing us :(

It looks like this one might just reach you, just about? It is frustrating though, glad I'm back in Edinburgh for this one because anything north of west isn't great for North Fife and Tayside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

A few snaps from my wee jaunt to Peebles (sadly my phone died before I reached the snowy bit on the way back but the bus windows were filthy so it wouldn't have mattered too much anyway):

attachicon.gif10954295_10204863825168974_760529643_o.jpgattachicon.gif10956652_10204863831969144_320707752_o.jpgattachicon.gif10944688_10204863826889017_37463491_o.jpg

More crucially, here's the latest radar: attachicon.gifradar.png

:drinks:

:drunk: to raise optimism levels!

Posted

Great to see the snow has returned! Whiteout conditions on my journey home this evening from Newton Mearns to Ayrshire. Not currently snowing but still lying and quite thick outside. I hope those of you who saw no snow during the last cold spell see some this time around.

Posted

I would have been at home on the 6th December studying for my exams. The night of Tuesday 13th January had lying snow here but by the time I got to Edinburgh on Wednesday morning there was nothing left. But temperatures look like they should hover around freezing from now until 10am when I get to Edinburgh tomorrow morning so there should be some bits that are white, although no doubt all the main paths will be gritted to make things look a mess as they always are as soon as it gets a bit cold.

Posted

It looks like this one might just reach you, just about? It is frustrating though, glad I'm back in Edinburgh for this one because anything north of west isn't great for North Fife and Tayside.

In LS we trust. Street white now, that may be due to u gritted surface due to big hole in road but I'm taking that. You called it perfect with the second band mate.