Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Left the house to pick my mum up from work at 6o'clock with a temperature of 1.4. During the journey had a heavy snow shower and has lay on the cars, house roofs some bits of grass and tiny bits on some paths. Got home at 6.40pm and the temperature is now 0.3/-1.7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

post-7984-0-71196800-1422471090_thumb.jp

M9 at Stirling look interesting on the traffic scotland cams :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Watching and waiting by the back door light lol

• Like 2

Posted

attachicon.gifstirlingM9.jpg

M9 at Stirling look interesting on the traffic scotland cams :)

Yep, that's what it looks like here too now. Best shower of the day and it has turned everything white. Complete whiteout. Can't remember the last time I said that in Grangemouth. Wish I could take pictures but my phone apparently has low memory

The showers are fizzing out to an extent by the time they reach here, bit much to ask to retain their intensity so far from the west coast I think :(:)

Posted

Edinburgh Uni weather station (at the King's Buildings) showing -0.1ºC.  From my back yard experience, for settling snow at sea level in Leith it needs to be -0.6ºC or below...  Ooooo...

• Like 4

Posted

Blob now approaching Edinburgh, lamppost at the ready!  :laugh:

Edit: By blob I mean a fairly organised band lol

Edited by Mesosphere
  • Like 2

Posted

Should do, going by the V6 radar in around the next 30 minutes :) unless it breaks up  :nonono:

Hope it does, it's a beauty, everything white and fun dad's taxi run through it especially as I took mum's car withoot winter rubber!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

It was a fun drive to work, this was about 1 hour ago..

post-13901-0-20574700-1422472174_thumb.jpost-13901-0-89841900-1422472212_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

We are back to the teeny wee flakes again, but the temp has dropped to -4.4 with a wind chill of -7. Nippy! We may yet get more than just the obligatory icing sugar dusting yet!

• Like 2

Posted

Had a short period of heavy snow that started to lie around 10 minutes ago. Already melted though; now the roads and pavements are all wet again :(

Showers always seem to break apart once they reach Stirling and Alloa, whilst intensifying to the south. Hopefully this will change later on tonight!

Posted

lobbing it down in Edinburgh city centre http://www.camvista.com/scotland/edinburgh/histedin_streaming.php3

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Drive back doon fae Peterheid was nae bother,was dry and sunny and cauld up there.

Passed through a couple o' snaw showers, but never saw snaw cover until Kinross!

Nice covering here with snaw falling at the moment.

Big tired Innes

• Like 1

Posted

Cheggars, same here although I think there may even be slightly more lying here. I think there is about 2cm lying now. Incredible how it can change in half an hour. The snow is still going although the relentless nature of the big flakes have eased a little bit. Temp now 0.0/-1.9

• Like 1

Posted

Got my eye on the large blob passing Stirling just now, Edinburgh and E Lothian look in the firing line! 

Edit: I should say pretty much all of SE Scotland

Can confirm said blob just reached Prestonpans and ground turning white straight away!!  :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Feel for you Snowman! It was like that all day here but now the snow is not melting and we have 3cm.So its near enough the most I have had for a few years believe it or not.

• Like 3