Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Really intense and blizzardy when they come on.   That one left the front of the garages plastered.

post-1989-0-75597900-1422456134_thumb.jp

post-1989-0-85322000-1422456258_thumb.jp

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Blizzard here!!! Now starting to lie.

Pelting it down here aswell! :D starting to lie on the grass. 2.7C

• Like 3

Posted

Had a good shower around 10:30 that gave everything a light covering, but all melted again.

The odd flurry in between times, but nothing lasting.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yep pretty disappointed I have to say. Afternoons getting on and nothing lying on the ground. That definately wasn't the forecast. Not sure what it's like in Falkirk but most of the traffic cams are pretty green looking in the central belt. Looking to after 6pm now I suspect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Well after that blizzard, the snow is melting on all surfaces. Not quite there yet with temps?

Posted

Yep pretty disappointed I have to say. Afternoons getting on and nothing lying on the ground. That definately wasn't the forecast. Not sure what it's like in Falkirk but most of the traffic cams are pretty green looking in the central belt. Looking to after 6pm now I suspect.

Nothing here in Camelon, but lying up at Head of Muir

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Temperature has increases slightly in the last half hour from 2.6 to 2.8 but the dew point has plummeted from -0.3 to -1.9. And there is a shower that should be starting any second now.

5 minutes later and it's snowing but already it's going off. Just on the fringes of this one.

Edited by GrangemouthBairn
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Nothing lying here in Falkirk yet. Probably my fault as I left work early based on met office forecast and fear of driving in snow. It has gone very dark outside just now so I imagine it's about to snow again. Let's hope some sticks before the days out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

A dusting, nearly a covering now heading out towards Peebles. Looks like I might arrive just in time for a big shower...

Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to stick widely till about now, temperatures (or at least DPs since we've got a little bit of solar insulation still to deal with) should drop off a degree or two between now and 5pm and that should do the trick, particularly away from the immediate west coast.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

After that last shower the temp dropped to 2.3 and hasn't changed since. The wind chill is -3.1 and the dew point has now fallen to -2.4, For the last half an hour I've been right on the edge of a shower that is giving some light snow on and off. Nothing lying yet.

Posted

Some lovely cloudscapes today. Had an extremely heavy snow shower in Stirling around 9 am, which started to lie on all surfaces but soon melted. Hopefully this interlude between showers will help dry the ground a little - lots of puddles about after hours of sleet! Met Office amber warning doesn't come into effect until 5 pm, so still lots of promise for lying snow in the Central Belt :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

After a spell if an hour or so of dry, bright weather ......the last 30 mins have resulted in the White stuff starting to lie on all areas.

Temp dropped to 2c with a DP of -1c

Here's hoping we all get to see some snow in the next week or so

DR s ordersâ„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„â„⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

• Like 4

Posted

Just a few light snow showers coming through every now and then. Currently this isn't amber warning material so this evening and night we really need to see an improvement in the shower or possibly trough activity to our west. I've noticed during the past two days that the peak of snowy conditions for today was being put back from the morning to afternoon to evening and now it seems we might have to wait til night for more promising activity. Currently I'm not too hopeful but there's still time for things to become more interesting and these sort of polar maritime snow events normally deliver after dark.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Light snow shower finally in E. Lothian blowing right in my face, but at least one shower got over here

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Ach, thin graupely, sleety stuff again! Nothing lying, just getting blown away in the wind. Bummer!

Posted

Temps here in Stirling went up to nearly 3c but have now dropped back to 1.4c with -1c DP, so it's all starting to come together.

It's certainly been off and on with snow all day, just not lying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Soutra turning white finally.

Could be a fun drive home.

Snaw here at Riccarton, W. Embra trying to stick and increasingly succeeding.

• Like 1

Posted

A dusting, nearly a covering now heading out towards Peebles. Looks like I might arrive just in time for a big shower...

Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to stick widely till about now, temperatures (or at least DPs since we've got a little bit of solar insulation still to deal with) should drop off a degree or two between now and 5pm and that should do the trick, particularly away from the immediate west coast.

It was a very beefy shower, it's sticking on the grass now. I was surprised how quickly it started to lie, clear again but my w/s is reading 1.6c so hopefully the next shower will cover.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Snowing on and off for most of the day but not lasting long enough to settle. Lets hope for something for organised later on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Ok so i posted a few mins ago saying the snow is not lying. Just looked outside and have this...

]

:)

post-13901-0-98209000-1422461601_thumb.j

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 7

Posted

Can concur with what a few have been saying. A constant stream of showers but nothing's been able to lie..............yet