Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Temperature dropping away nicely, currently 3.2C after being at 8C during the night. Here's hoping for at least a slight covering later, I'll take that!

Posted

Temp just dropped from 3c to 1.9c in the space of 30 mins, and on cue, the snow has started...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

I dont adam and eve it but its snowing! (not settling, not heavy, but snaw!)  :)

Yip heavy show, hope it starts to settle soon :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

That's the snow just started, wee teeny flakes. I don't expect a total whiteout. Temp starting to fall away now, 1.6c. I'm not expecting a total whiteout, and as I type, the snow has stopped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

Snow in cumbernauld, but grounds so wet from rain its going to take a lot to stick around

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Snowing heavily and drifting in the strong wind.....is what I'd like to say just once before this winter is over.

In reality, sunshine, blue skies with scattered white clouds and a stiff breeze. Temperature was 5.3C when I first checked this morning at home, at around 7:45. When I left for work just over an hour later it was showing 3.0C, so rapidly heading in the right direction. Plenty of showers showing in the radar but lets just see if, for once, a few of them can make it over the Cairngorms.

• Like 3

Posted

Wallop !! Short squall with a bit of hail, then light, fluffy snowflakes so nothing marginal in the transition here. Just got to wait and see just how much punch the showers can pack as they push across from the west.

• Like 1

Posted

Paisley town centre is one of the last places it's going to snow and settle Grifter (as you'll well know :) ), so if it's already snowing at this time there, then that's a good sign. The TAF for Glasgow Airport was forecasting sleet showers between 6am and 8am today and then snow showers from 8am today to 6am tomorrow, so pretty good forecast there I think (assuming what falls now onwards is snow).

Edit: Watch out for some thundersnow too, the NW radar/lightning detector is reporting hits in the North-West and over Northern Ireland. A fun day ahead for a lot of peeps :good:

You're right on there CatchMyDrift, stuck in work lol. My boss is convinced it's only going to be sleet and one of the guys said it was 4oC on the drive in and won't snow it's too warm! 

Posted

Heavy sleet shower in Motherwell at 3C, becoming more snow-like on the drive up to East Kilbride where the temperature was showing as 0.5C on the car thermometer during the shower.  Some cars coming up the M74 with snow on them too.  Seems reasonably promising for later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

And we're off! Had a heavy hail shower which has gradually turned to horizontal moderate snow. Everything turning white. Enjoy the day folks!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Yeh people don't realise that car thermos are between 1.5c and 2c warmer than the actual temperature. Mine is 1.5c too high and it's consistant as my wifes car is exactly the same. The sensors are picking up residual heat. So when mine says 3.5c coming into Glasgow this morning I know it is actually 2c. i.e cold enough for snow.

I suspect today is going to require a bit of patience. The real action will kick in after 12pm. Incidently heavy snow in Maddiston when I left at 1c and 2c and sleety snow Glasgow. :cold:

• Like 1

Posted

Already had a few sleet showers. It's on it's way (to say though it was rain at half past 5 but think it was sleet about hour/hour and a half later)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning.   2.1c/1.2c.   Last couple of showers have turned to snow and quite blizzardy. :)

Posted

Heavy blowing, settling, drifting snow on now after earlier rain showers. Currently 0.5c.

Posted

Yeh people don't realise that car thermos are between 1.5c and 2c warmer than the actual temperature. Mine is 1.5c too high and it's consistant as my wifes car is exactly the same. The sensors are picking up residual heat. So when mine says 3.5c coming into Glasgow this morning I know it is actually 2c. i.e cold enough for snow.

I suspect today is going to require a bit of patience. The real action will kick in after 12pm. Incidently heavy snow in Maddiston when I left at 1c and 2c and sleety snow Glasgow. :cold:

Exactly Nov13 I remember my car was parked in direct Sun and it was at 27oC but temp was only 21oC just shows how you can't rely on these things as accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

And we're off! Had a heavy hail shower which has gradually turned to horizontal moderate snow. Everything turning white. Enjoy the day folks!

Same here with the usual proviso that it's not sticking quite at sea level, but given the intensity, you'd have to expect temp & dewpoint to fall sharply.  Big flakes, strong winds, cloud base right down.  Coastal areas may struggle all the way through today and tomorrow.

Morning.   2.1c/1.2c.   Last couple of showers have turned to snow and quite blizzardy. :)

Any enquiries for the sn** bl**** yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

first heavy snow arrived in aviemore

ground turned white very fast

lovely chunk fluffy flakes

• Like 1