Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The odd flake blowing about here but not really managing to get through here so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Magic Rab lol

Some covering in 30 mins for cheggers....I'd be happy with that bit hee haw making it through here...need a less N and more W i fear unless showers get really beefy

The met office updates to my work said usual winter fare this weekend with a little eye on the Sunday feature but didn't expect anything too serious beyond a few cms but many of us would take that few cms

Obviously some serious accumulation at altitude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Nothing here yet but very Icy. Just back in and could just about make out the incoming cloud from the west. Maybe a little something later ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Rain here

That's rotten luck. Was happening to Glasgow earlier in the week.

Maybe when the colder air is here then you'll get to join in.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Just home and snowing.... Ya dancer

• Like 5

Posted

Ayrshire currently under a big blob...(technical term) and its throwing it down with snow.  More showers out west to come in over night hopefully

Is it lying in Irvine

Posted

I feel really bad for you aggy. Where I live is really bad for snow but even I am getting it. It is really very very white here. I have lived here for 3 and a half years and never have I seen it so white. It was absolutely chucking it down earlier. I hope you see some snow soon.

• Like 2

Posted

Model output discussion summary:

Something something westerly bias, something something upgrade, something something egg on face, something something M1 northwards, something something all eyes on the 18z.

You're welcome.

Thanks for making me laugh out loud in company now I look like a maniac, oh hang that's right I am ;)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just copied this from another thread where nobody else goes :cc_confused: ... answers on a snowflake :)

Fax charts are showing occluded fronts slowly heading southover Scotland over the weekend. What weather is likely to be observed as the fronts pass?

Also I just realised that one appears to come to a halt over a line from Skye to Inverness and out into the firth on Saturday night...

Posted

Its a weird place coastal ayrshire...when it rains it bloody rains !! When snow is forecast it seems to fall west north east n south of coastal ayrshire.

What's the snow like in Irvine? It is still lying here. I am surprised it has not yet melted as that has been the theme of the day so far but only ever so slightly melting. It is only what has fallen that has melted just a little. I hope there is frost tonight to freeze it.

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Snow starting to fall here again even though the sky above is clear and the shower clouds still look far out to the west. 0.7/-0.6 wind chill (-2.4)

Edited by GrangemouthBairn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Very cloudy here but nothing falling. I hope that is not the last of the snow.

There's another line just north of Glasgow (although frustratingly it isn't managing to get too far across the country) and looks like quite a few more chances for you folks overnight. Might get a bit dicey at points but probably not dry for too long